RIP John Button

Posted by Ferrari2007 
RIP John Button
Date: January 13, 2014 06:23PM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
Just read the sad news regarding John Button, Jenson's father.

He passed away suddenly on Sunday at the age of just 70, as a result of what is believed to be a heart attack.

While not knowing John personally, I always considered him to be the sort of man who would light up a room with his personality, and character.

My thoughts go out to Jenson and the to all his friends and family. It can't be an easy time for them all.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Re: RIP John Button
Date: January 13, 2014 06:52PM
Posted by: smoglessbutton4
RIP John :(

GPGSL -
GPGSL-3 - Pizza Party Racing manager and driver
Nations Cup - Team Scotland manager
Date: January 13, 2014 07:34PM
Posted by: EricMoinet
Sad news :(

Date: January 13, 2014 09:50PM
Posted by: Isaint
Very Sad news ... condolences to Jenson and all his family

" Perfection is not a gift ....... it comes with practice."

Member of R.S.C.T Group
Date: January 13, 2014 10:01PM
Posted by: gav
Without even knowing him, he certainly seemed a bloke you could sit down with and talk about anything over a pint.

RIP
Date: January 13, 2014 10:26PM
Posted by: EC83
The number of times I've watched as the camera has cut from Jenson on the track to John watching attentively in the pits... I lost count a long time ago. And that's meant in the nicest way.

For the last 10 years or so he's seemed like one of the bigger personalities in the sport, certainly one of the biggest non-driver personalities - larger than life. He's made a bigger impression on me than some of the drivers have.
In the Sky F1 piece he did with Martin Brundle to mark his 247th race, Jenson made a point of mentioning how much it meant to him to have his closest supporters with him at every race; my thoughts are with him at this time too.

RIP John. :(

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2014 10:26PM by EC83.
Date: January 14, 2014 03:04AM
Posted by: Slash
RIP John, everything that i think of him has been said, without knowing him he looked like a fun guy to be around, Jenson's personality, and he was a figure of the sport.. always smiling... sad news

EDIT=== Just saw on the F1 tweeter feed in F1-live.com, the ammount of support from the WHOLE paddock, Amazing, goes to show the kind of guy he was.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2014 03:15AM by Slash.
Date: January 14, 2014 07:36PM
Posted by: flat tyre
I can't believe how this has just come out of the blue. He seemed to be in good health and good spirits, travelling the world with Jenson to each and every race, and seemed happiest out of just about everyone when results came their way... I didn't expect to hear anything like this soon. RIP John Button, from just another normal person on the internet - we may not have known you personally, but I'm sure many, many people will be touched by this.

Let's not forget that he virtually lived and breathed motorsport himself - a man who was in it for the love of the sport, not the glitz or glamour, and without wanting to take any of the limelight for himself (unlike some of the other F1 fathers... without naming names).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
Date: January 14, 2014 08:54PM
Posted by: thestig88
Rest in Peace Johnboy
Date: January 15, 2014 02:59PM
Posted by: J i m
This is definitely a shock out of the blue, as someone else put it he always seemed as strong as an ox. He was obviously well loved within the paddock and he seemed to be the perfect motor-racing dad. Involved enough in the early days, non interfering in the professional days but ever present in support.

He always seemed to live and breath motorsport in general and the fact that his boy is a F1 driver, he always looked immensely proud yet never conceited.

He'll be missed.

Date: February 02, 2014 11:03PM
Posted by: chet
This will certainly be a huge loss for Button this year. Throughout 2009 his dad was his rock and was the one who kept him mentally in check. Brazil 2009 qualifying was one of them moments, it was his dad who was the one who sat him down, talked to him and guided him to what was his first championship.

Missing a single race from his F1 career shows how much it meant to him.

RIP to a real racer, and a real fan.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy