Sad news

Posted by Soutsen 
Re: Sad news
Date: January 06, 2014 12:27PM
Posted by: senninho
I'd like to add a further pat on the back for Gav; that was a great post.

Schumacher the driver had flaws that will always be debated, much like Senna, but that's completely normal. Any thread about any great driver will always stir up opposing opinions. I don't think Morbid is trolling - what happens to a driver after their career doesn't proscribe discussion about what they did *during* it. Again, see Senna/Prost.

This thread, however, is more about Schumacher the human, the husband and the father. I think it's actually been conducted very respectfully. There's no need for mud-slinging.

Date: January 06, 2014 02:13PM
Posted by: J i m
Unless you want to sling mud (or something else) at that journo disguised as a Priest.

Date: January 06, 2014 03:16PM
Posted by: senninho
J i m Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Unless you want to sling mud (or something else)
> at that journo disguised as a Priest.

Yeah, I don't think anyone's going to object to that!

Date: January 17, 2014 02:25AM
Posted by: Mullet345
Is it true that Michael Schumacher has been taken off life support? I heard this from someone, but not sure if it's true.

Date: January 17, 2014 12:22PM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
I'm almost certain that is bollocks.

Last that we know, Schumacher is still in an induced coma, and will likely be in that state for a while.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: January 17, 2014 01:58PM
Yeah.. to be honest unless I see a direct statement made by Sabine Kehmn then I'd be taking everything as as pure speculation and media meddling.

Date: January 26, 2014 12:32PM
Posted by: Laton
They say no news is good news, but is anyone else getting a bit worried about the lack of anything whatsoever?

I really hope he pulls through, but the silence is very unnerving.
Date: January 26, 2014 12:45PM
Posted by: madotter
I was thinking the same thing :( I hope we hear something soon, come on Schumi!!
Date: January 26, 2014 01:45PM
No news means nothing has changed. Which is both good and bad.

Good, that it hasn't got worse.

Bad, because it hasn't got better and is perhaps less likely to do so the longer it goes on.

But I'd rather have this silence than pointless speculation.

Date: January 26, 2014 02:02PM
From what we know Michael remains in hospital and in the induced state of a coma that he was put into following his accident.

With an injury of this sort he will be left in this state to give his brain a chance to heal.

Only when the surgeons and doctors looking after Schumacher believe that he is ready to be brought out of this state will they attempt to do so.

Sabine Kehm has kept us all up to date throughout the period since his accident and I trust that she will continue to do so.

I think fans must be realistic though and realise that the chances are that if Schumacher does recover he will unlikely be the same person we remember.

But in situations like this you can only wait and hope that chance will see him make a decent recovery.

Date: January 28, 2014 11:24PM
Posted by: Vader
I am German.

I live in Germany.

I got hooked to F1 in the mid 70s.

I have been on these forums for 13 years now, back then it was still "Ye Olde Phorum". I'm mod here and in the heyday of this still awesome forum I was a GOD here and owned all your souls. I still rule this place. Vader is first, last and always.

But back on topic. I never liked Michael Schumacher. He used to be arrogant, just like Ferrari and together they bent the rules BIG TIME.

When Michael came back in 2010 he had changed. He was doing it just for fun and not with a killer instinct. After 20 years I could finally appreciate him.

Being a married family father myself I can only imagine how horrible this all must be for his family. All their money can't buy Michael a second chance. Sad.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: January 29, 2014 01:45PM
Posted by: ZaZ
Latest rumours are they are waking him up right now.
Fingers crossed

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
Date: January 29, 2014 02:48PM
Sabine Kehm dismissed the latest rumours this morning.

Again, if it isn't officially from her then approach it very questionably.

Date: January 29, 2014 08:26PM
Posted by: Karan
The report stated that the gradual waking process has begun this week and that he is responding well so far. As already mentioned, that has to be taken as a rumor/speculation (albeit a positive one) until any official update is received.

Date: January 30, 2014 01:28PM
Posted by: gav
Sabine has confirmed that the doctors have started reducing Schumacher's medication to start the 'wake-up process'. It could take some time though.
Date: January 31, 2014 07:15PM
Posted by: Karan
Gary Hartstein's latest blog entry about yesterday's updates: [formerf1doc.wordpress.com]

Date: February 14, 2014 12:47AM
Posted by: Isaint
Michael Schumacher's family 'strongly believe' he will recover

[edition.cnn.com]

" Perfection is not a gift ....... it comes with practice."

Member of R.S.C.T Group
Date: March 14, 2014 04:12AM
Posted by: Soutsen
Haven't heard any news for a couple of weeks. Any latest information?

Date: March 14, 2014 05:33AM
Latest news is that Schumacher has shown signs of small improvement.

He remains in an induced coma.

Date: March 24, 2014 08:36PM
Posted by: johnace
Even if he recovers he wont be himself anymore...so in a sense the Schumacher we all knew has already died :( so tragic.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy