Classic F1 Races ***SPO... Oh wait***

Posted by EC83 
Classic F1 Races ***SPO... Oh wait***
Date: December 16, 2013 03:19AM
Posted by: EC83
So I've got the Sky F1 Channel properly now and have decided to keep it over the winter, and they're showing some decent coverage of classic GPs each afternoon and evening right now. So I thought I'd start this thread to post any thoughts I have about what I've just watched, and anyone else can too if they want.

Starting with today:

Canada 1995
Loved seeing this again, although it was a shame Sky only showed the BBC Highlights version - I remember seeing the race live. It was cool seeing the interviews afterwards with a young Eddie Irvine and an even younger Rubens joining Alesi - all of them recording their highest ever finish at that point of course. Liked how the Jordan drivers wore caps with their personal sponsors instead of some tyre manufacturer or F1 sponsor - that showed character and individuality. F1 needs to get back to doing stuff like that. Alesi's guess that Gilles won in Canada in 1985 was a bit far out though.
Liked Martin Brundle's comment about being taken out by Berger - "Suddenly there was a flying Ferrari coming to tea" - I actually remember that from the live broadcast too.
And it was fun in retrospect seeing the "QUEBEC 2002" signs and billboards all round the track. :D

Canada 2011
One I loved watching since it brought back personal memories for me - I watched the first part of it in the living room and the second part of it on my laptop in the bar of the place where I was due to photograph a gig, surrounded by a bunch of others who turned out to be F1 fans and went nuts when Jenson took the lead on the final lap.
Maybe partly because of that I always like watching that 2nd part of the race particularly, especially the bit where MS got up to 2nd and then chased Seb at the final restart - looking back now that was the closest he got to leading a race outright(on merit) during his comeback. It's always good to watch a GP that has DC and Martin commentating on it too - 2011 was a golden year in that respect, such a shame they didn't co-commentate for longer.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2013 04:35AM by EC83.
Re: Classic F1 Races ***SPO... Oh wait***
Date: December 16, 2013 12:59PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
It's been a good feature! When i was in Europe i streamed some of them live, but now I'm back in Australia it's a bit late at night to watch them.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: December 18, 2013 09:08PM
Hungary 1997
So long since I've seen this one - the tape it got recorded on got worn out pretty quickly so I never got to watch it much on that, and I've never come across a full-length copy of it on YouTube, so this is awesome. Currently at the stage where Hill has been in the lead for a few laps and Murray is still generally going nuts about it.

So many drivers in this race whose names really mean something to me - some drivers from when I first watched were still racing, and at the same time others who I've watched for many seasons up till very recently were still in the early stages of their careers; other big names just from the 90s were racing too. There was a thread a year or so back that discussed "our generations" of F1 drivers - if there was one season that summed up my generation of drivers '97 would probably be it.

Loved Frentzen's retirement from this race - it looked similar to an 80s turbo problem. Or like he was lighting his farts. 57 Varieties of Heinz and all that.

Interesting to listen to Martin explaining how Fisichella should've dealt with spinning at Turn 1 - he was actually in a good position to, since in 1989 he had a spin identical to Fisi's at Turn 1 trying to overtake Alesi.

Martin: "Well pinch me Murray, Damon Hill is over half a minute ahead of the rest of this race!" LOL, I remember him saying that on the live broadcast.

Amazing end to this race - never stops being incredible to watch. Sums up what an unpredictable season 1997 was in terms of car performance - the kind of thing we've not seen since apart from in 2012. Fascinating closeness in the field and fluctuations in the relative performances of the cars throughout the season.

Hungary 2011
Really liking watching the replay of this, was a brilliant race. Some awesome contrasts with the 1997 race - one thing they have in common is that Michael Schumacher led them both.

Fascinating to watch Heidfeld's exploding Renault again, that was classic. Volcanic Explosivity Index 1.9.

Great kick-off on lap 47 with Lewis spinning and Jenson passing him, while Vettel closed right up on both of them. Forgot how close that bit was. Nice.
And the whole situation with the rain coming back down and the way it affected different drivers on different tyres differently. Awesome.

Great commentary by Martin and DC makes up for the car-crash of the commentary for the previous last wet Hungarian GP five years earlier.

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2013 01:37AM by EC83.
Date: December 19, 2013 08:47PM
Belgium 2008
Another one I've not seen properly since the actual race itself - this'll be a good watch!
Brilliant first couple of laps by Kimi.

Piquet lasted amazingly long on the inters on what was basically a totally dry track, and stayed impressively close to the pace as well. Not a bad drive.
Oh, till he crashed on slicks. How'd I forget about that bit?

Kovy hitting Webber is one I definitely remember.

Kimi driving brilliantly in the middle phase of the race, just peerless. I was sure at this point that he was heading for his 4th straight Spa win.

Going into the final 15 laps of the race, the tension began to build and build. I remember this so well. The black clouds building up over the Ardennes just as Lewis found extra pace and began catching Kimi with Massa shadowing both of them. The suspense became mindblowing. Sometimes you just know, through a sixth sense, telepathy or even both, when a race is about to kick off. These last 15 laps were exhilarating.

What an amazing end - the last 2 laps probably had enough drama to fill most races. Still a bit cringeworthy watching Kimi drop it, and the facepalm moment as Lewis cut the chicane to gain an advantage on him.
The funniest thing about the last 2 laps - for me anyway - is watching Bourdais slip down to P7 after being 3rd going round the final lap. Oh LMAO.

Belgium 2010
Continuing nicely with the theme of races affected beautifully by rain - I see what they're doing here. :P
Great rain shower on lap 1, set the race up really well.

Bad n00b-up by Vettel, certainly - but that helped set up the great end to that title race I guess. It had some comedy about it as well.

Martin: "As sharp as a kumquat fruit today, is Lewis" - Ha!

Amazing variation in the weather this race - rain at the start, bright sunlight for about 10 laps at about half distance, then storms and rain at the end. Crazy really.

Seb really did @#$%& up in this race - wiping out Jenson, the Liuzzi collision(although that wasn't his fault), then burning up his first set of inters. Unthinkable now - he's come an amazingly long way in the last 3 years or so.

Very strong and complete drive by Lewis - better than most of his wins since IMO, he really had times in 2010 when he looked good. Good drive by Webber, very solid and sensible. Again, better than he's usually been since. Kubica was stellar all race except his @#$%&-up at his final stop.

By the way, it should be noted - one cool thing about Sky showing these recordings of live races and showing the whole race is that we now get to see the bits of the live broadcast which we missed at the time while ITV were showing the ad breaks. Win!

Edited 12 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2013 12:59AM by EC83.
Date: December 19, 2013 11:04PM
Posted by: Diax F1
EC83 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> By the way, it should be noted - one cool thing
> about Sky showing these recordings of live races
> and showing the whole race is that we now get to
> see the bits of the live broadcast which we missed
> at the time while ITV were showing the ad breaks.
> Win!

That'd be quite the thing to see for Japan 2006 - Michael Schumacher's engine bursting into tiny pieces and the commentator presumably having a mini-meltdown. xD

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2013 11:04PM by Diax F1.
Date: December 19, 2013 11:40PM
Diax F1 Wrote:
> EC83 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > By the way, it should be noted - one cool thing
> > about Sky showing these recordings of live
> races
> > and showing the whole race is that we now get
> to
> > see the bits of the live broadcast which we
> missed
> > at the time while ITV were showing the ad
> breaks.
> > Win!
>
> That'd be quite the thing to see for Japan 2006 -
> Michael Schumacher's engine bursting into tiny
> pieces and the commentator presumably having a
> mini-meltdown. xD

And Japan 1998 as well - another catastrophic failure on Micheal's car that got missed because of an ad break. Japanese GPs should be coming up in the next few days, so fingers crossed LOL!

Date: December 19, 2013 11:43PM
Posted by: smoglessbutton4
some races I remember well...

- Belgium 1998. Didn't actually see live as I was a 1-year old at the time, but my dad was (and still is) a Dhill fanboy and some of that influenced me! ;) Managed to find the whole race online... wow!! :D Everything I could have wanted in a race :)

- Brazil 2008. The first time I saw a British driver take the title, and in the most dramatic style! :O

- Brazil 2009. Crazy quali and stunning charge by JB, a delight to watch :D

- Canada 2011. Stayed up far too late watching this one! Worth every moment, crazy stuff and another comeback charge from JB! :) Nice stuff from Schumi, too.

- Brazil 2012. Where do I start?? Vettel spinning on the first lap, Alonso's stunning three-abreast pass, Hulkenberg stunning the world (then colliding with Lewis!), crazy weather, stunning save by Alonso in turn 3... I didn't even give a toss that Button won in the end! :D

GPGSL -
GPGSL-3 - Pizza Party Racing manager and driver
Nations Cup - Team Scotland manager
Date: December 20, 2013 03:08AM
I'd agree on all of those races except Brazil 2009(It didn't do it for me, quali was fantastic with Rubens taking Pole in the most exciting circumstances, but I thought after that the race was a total anticlimax despite Jenson being a worthy Champ).
Spa 1998, Interlagos 2008 and Interlagos 2012 were all epic, and Canada 2011 was just unique.

Date: December 20, 2013 09:16AM
I would agree that Brazil 09 wasn't as good as the others, but I have the official season review DVD and I could watch JB's onboard over and over again - it's sublime stuff! ;)

GPGSL -
Date: December 23, 2013 05:48PM
Japan 1998
Wooo, here we go! Got home and turned the TV on just before the start of it. This'll be good!!

Amazing how close the start got to actually going ahead the first time. Talk about snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. MS must've hated Trulli after this race. :P

The commentary from Murray and Martin somehow seemed a bit different at these tense races - no less good than usual, but you could sense their excitement and tension too somehow. It's part of what makes these races so special to look back on.

MS was a very long way ahead of the field on this 2nd formation lap actually... Not great.

Ouch. The mortally damaging engine stall - at 13:13 local time. I still remember exactly the feelings I felt watching this live, then memories are all coming right back.
Martin: "I wonder if Michael Schumacher's superstitious - he stalled that car at 13:13, I just noticed that again".

MS - 12th at the end of the first lap, I never get tired of watching his launch off of the grid. Amazing.

Inspired commentary from both commentators as well, really helps bring the race alive.

MS - 7th after 5 laps, then ran up against Hill - not literally but only just. LOL.

Amazing continued progress through the field by MS, funny how it was only Hill proved to be a problem for him to get past. He fried that 2nd set of tyres pretty early on though... cringe! Brilliant lap times but he was pounding the tyres too hard, too soon.

Mika just serene at the front, driving beautifully. Steady, solid and doing a perfect job.

Forgot that by the time of the 2nd stops for the Ferraris Eddie Irvine had a "pit stop in his pocket" ahead of MS. A sign of how well Eddie was driving but also a sign of how knackered MS's tyres were during that stint.

YES! Finally I see the Championship-deciding moment as part of a full recording of the race! Amazing - that ad break could not have been worse timed, we missed the Championship being decided and the build up to it live!!
Now the bit I, as an MS fan then, remember as being anticlimactic.

Emotive footage as the camera followed Mika round Turns 1 and 2 and then zoomed in on the trashed Ferrari.

One upside of Mika winning is getting to check out plenty of shots of Erja. Mmmm.

Cracking drive by Mika really, deserving Champ.
Nice touch from MS to shake his hand at the first possible opportunity as well. Was that missed from the live broadcast because of a break too? Ha, think it was!

Japan 2000
Woohoo, this will be better still! Possibly the single biggest race I think of as being from the classic era. This will be awesome.

The Maccas sounded glorious. Impressive start by Eddie Irvine yet again, getting ahead of Rubens.

So many memories associated with this race. I watched it in Austria in my hotel room!

The overcast skies and light rain helped build up the tension beautifully. Incredible excitement levels!

Mika really trying his hardest in this opening stint to try and pull away, got to be impressed with the 110% effort he was putting in.

Mazzacane - you n00b. Typical performance from him there, driving a much longer lap than everyone else.

Impressive drive by Jacques at this stage, hustling Jenson. Loved Jacques' drives this season.

Spectacular blow-up and spin for Alesi, I remember that vaguely but not as well as I usually remember these things. His 2nd straight one too, IIRC.
Amusing-looking off for Fisi as well.

Ooft, such a close near-miss with MS and Zonta! Still suck air through my teeth everytime I see that.
The near-miss with Wurz a few laps later was a bit scary too.

Now, MS staying out longer just as more rain started coming down - this part of the race was sooo exciting!

Brilliant commentary at this stage too, helping build the suspense up.

The exit of MS from the pits after his final stop - so exciting! I was literally in tears as I saw he was going to come out in front.

LOL, bad n00b-up by Ralf. I remember it pretty well.

Brilliant commentary by Martin Brundle, describing graphically how MS's downforce was helping his car grip easily at high speed in 130R despite the ever-increasing level of moisture on the track. This added to the level of excitement and emotion as the race entered its final few laps.

These final laps are incredible... So much tension!

Amazing, amazing result!! I remember being so happy about this.
Really fun to watch this race again. :)

Japan 2007
This is a good watch for completely different reasons: A juicy and interesting time in recent F1 history and a standout race for various "time capsule" reasons if that makes any sense.

Wow, both Maccas got tagged by other cars more or less simultaneously in the middle phase of the race. I don't remember that as such - definitely not the Alonso-Vettel collision. Maybe because so much was going on and I've not seen the full recording of the race since I saw it live...

30-odd laps to go and that's getting pretty wet again likes.

Alonso's crash was even more spectacular than I remember it being - the car really bounced about like a ping pong ball.

How ironic that Vettel and Webber collided just as James Allen was in the middle of speculating about their possible podiums - a bit of Murray Syndrome there. Obviously at this point neither of the commentators knew it was actually Lewis's fault...

Davidson arrived on lap 55, it seems.

Great driving from Kimi in the final few laps, blatting round the outside of other drivers and even the track itself. Awesome.

Good drive by DC as well in this race, under the radar for most of the race but quietly solid.

Kovy did a really good job as well, better than some of his more recent drives even.

Massa and Kubica on the last lap - genius! One of the most fun battles I've seen in F1 TBH.
Good drive by Lewis altogether.

Edited 45 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2013 01:06AM by EC83.
Date: July 16, 2014 10:08PM
Germany 2000

OK, here we go. One of the races I've most wanted to see "as live" for ages!

I remember feeling gutted when MS went out at the first corner and leaving a Macca 1-2. Now the electrifying charge of Rubens through the field - superior car or not, this was epic.

Rubens - fastest lap on lap 7. Martin Brundle: "Barrichello, if he's got strong pace, can still come through and do some damage for Ferrari this afternoon." LOL.

Rubens up to 3rd by lap 15, just 14 seconds behind the Maccas - just basically 1 sec per lap lost to them during his charge up from 18th, goes to show how awesome Hockenheim was for slipstreaming and passing.

Jenson(The only driver driving then who's still driving now) having what seemed to be a terrible race at this point.

Amazing turn of events with the guy wandering about on the track just as the clouds started coming over bad. Action about to explode at this point.
Murray Walker: "Ding dong, are we gonna see a race now!" :D

Incredible energy in the Alesi/Diniz smash. The kind of crash the super-close midfield pack had been threatening to produce all race.
SCs created awesomeness.

Murray's commentary when the rain hit - brilliant.
This race was the gift that kept on giving.

Gene's engine blowing in the stadium section just as rain had started soaking it. LMAO. Hockenheim FTW.

Incredible how Rubens on slicks and Hakkinen on wets did almost identical lap times for the last 10 laps because of the distribution of the rain. Hockenheim FTW, again.

Now Rubens showing amazing class. Deciding to stay out on slicks, with Hockenheim downforce settings, with the stadium section soaking wet and slightly oily too, and driving so perfectly. Martin Brundle said it: What a quality win.

Edited 12 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2014 11:53PM by EC83.
Date: July 17, 2014 09:45AM
Damn you, I wanna see that now! ;) :)

GPGSL -
Date: July 18, 2014 05:36AM
LOL, yeah, I'd not seen it "as live" for several years. I recorded the live broadcast on VHS, like all the races at that time, but the tape went missing ages ago(And probably wouldn't play very well by now anyway, especially the number of times I'd watched it!).

A perfect illustration of how good Hockenheim was, particularly considering that if that same rain storm happened now, the whole track would get wet.

Date: July 18, 2014 08:21AM
Posted by: gav
It was a brilliant and truly bizarre race, but you have to remember that Rubens likely wouldn't have won had it not been for that disgruntled ex-Mercedes employee. He may have had enough given the gambles in the latter part of the race, but we'll never know.

It was great seeing so much raw emotion laid bare on the podium though. :)

What a pale shadow this Tilkeā„¢ version is. Even the stadium has lost most of its character now they run in a high-downforce configuration. It was great seeing the cars dance along the straights. :(
Date: November 11, 2014 05:48AM
Brazil 1991

Caught this one on Sky on Saturday night, and it's been stuck in my head ever since. Partly because the VHS the original recording was taped on got chewed up by a faulty VCR after a couple of years, and for whatever reason I've never really watched it properly since. I might've seen the 10 minute version that's kicking about on YouTube and BBC Sport, but that's all.

What struck me overwhelmingly was the difference with F1 today, obviously. The fact that technology(For broadcasting races and in the sport itself) was still so basic compared with how it was just a few years later. The early 90s really were just an extension of the 70s and 80s in that respect. Crappy picture and sound quality from onboard cameras, the TV cameras weren't much better at times, video footage and car sound out of sync, the crackling radio announcement(At least I think it was a radio announcement!) that kinda got broadcast over the airwaves as Senna was stopping on the run-down lap. And of course the fact the whole thing was recorded and shown by the BBC long after the actual race as a highlights show and that was it.

The unreliability was notable, especially what seemed like a preponderance of gearbox problems - Mansell, Senna etc. Berger's car catching fire on the grid(Probably not an overfill) and still finishing 3rd despite a sticking throttle as well. Various others breaking down, catching fire etc. Amazingly the Ferraris were both pretty reliable.

I had a new respect for Senna's drive in that race on watching the final few laps properly. His car really was absolutely shagged - there must be very few times a car has sounded that unhealthy and not immediately broken down. He might've been helped by the rain and by Patrese's gearbox problem(Another one!), but still, the way he managed to respond to Patrese's charge and preserve some kind of a lead was pretty awesome.

One more thing that puzzled me watching this race(And I remembered it from watching the old VHS as well): On shots of the cars going down the back straight from turn 3 to Lago, there's a bizarre high-pitched whining noise. At first when I watched the race again the other night, I reasoned it must be the sound of a V12 Honda, maybe distorted by a dodgy microphone. But then I noticed that on shots of other cars with no McLarens in the vicinity it was still there. Plus it sounds exactly the same each time - a long high-pitched note, wavering slightly. I still have no idea what it is/was, and the only thing I can think to compare it to is an air-raid siren. It sounds VERY eerie somehow.

That concludes my in-depth late-night analysis. LOL.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2014 05:52AM by EC83.
Date: November 11, 2014 10:16PM
Australia 1989

Not seen this one for years either. A nice surprise.

The V10 Hondas sounded glorious here. Whether it was the revs, the wet conditions, the acoustics or a combination of everything, they sounded brilliant.

James Hunt criticising Martini for racing the Williams and not letting them past was a bit silly IMO, a race is a race and all that.

"He is going to absolutely cakewalk this race if he just keeps going. And knowing Senna, he's a master in the wet, he will keep going!" LOL Murray.

Interesting situation that could've materialised if Senna had won and McLaren's appeal in Paris had been successful, Murray speculating early on in the race - not many remember the possibility of that.

"Yes, there's drama all round the circuit. Martin Brundle's camera looking back at Lehto, we'll probably see something from that soon" - LOL, brilliant!

James Hunt: "As Grouillard indulges in a bit more spinnery, elegant dancing there. Whoops, muddy tyres!"

Pirro's actions blocking Boutsen would probably result in a DQ today.

LOL at Piquet crashing into Ghinzani. Classic Piquet moment.

Love how Sky timed it so the final shot before a break was from onboard Brundle's car of Senna hitting the camera.

The first 25 laps feel like watching an entire race, so much went on.

Something the commentators never seemed to notice, from the onboard shots from Cheever's car, was that he seemed to have a bad gearbox problem.

Major confusion at 1/3 race distance RE whether it was about to be stopped or not.

Murray: "Charger Banzai Nakajima! I think he's already mentally put the white headband on underneath his helmet" LOL.

One thing I think is worth noting(And I've just noticed now): James Hunt had major problems with Boutsen, Nannini, Patrese and Nakajima and consistently criticised them as drivers, but they finished 1-2-3-4 in this extremely challenging race. Hmmm.

Edited 10 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2014 11:24PM by EC83.
Date: November 12, 2014 11:55AM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
regarding this race, here is a good one by Jackie stewart:

[youtu.be]

"there s another driver with an umbrella driving around the circuit" :D :D :D epic
Date: November 16, 2014 05:08PM
Posted by: senninho
EC83 Wrote:
> Australia 1989
>
> Not seen this one for years either. A nice
> surprise.
>
> The V10 Hondas sounded glorious here. Whether it
> was the revs, the wet conditions, the acoustics or
> a combination of everything, they sounded
> brilliant.
>
> James Hunt criticising Martini for racing the
> Williams and not letting them past was a bit silly
> IMO, a race is a race and all that.
>
> "He is going to absolutely cakewalk this race if
> he just keeps going. And knowing Senna, he's a
> master in the wet, he will keep going!" LOL
> Murray.
>
> Interesting situation that could've materialised
> if Senna had won and McLaren's appeal in Paris had
> been successful, Murray speculating early on in
> the race - not many remember the possibility of
> that.
>
> "Yes, there's drama all round the circuit. Martin
> Brundle's camera looking back at Lehto, we'll
> probably see something from that soon" - LOL,
> brilliant!
>
> James Hunt: "As Grouillard indulges in a bit more
> spinnery, elegant dancing there. Whoops, muddy
> tyres!"
>
> Pirro's actions blocking Boutsen would probably
> result in a DQ today.
>
> LOL at Piquet crashing into Ghinzani. Classic
> Piquet moment.
>
> Love how Sky timed it so the final shot before a
> break was from onboard Brundle's car of Senna
> hitting the camera.
>
> The first 25 laps feel like watching an entire
> race, so much went on.
>
> Something the commentators never seemed to notice,
> from the onboard shots from Cheever's car, was
> that he seemed to have a bad gearbox problem.
>
> Major confusion at 1/3 race distance RE whether it
> was about to be stopped or not.
>
> Murray: "Charger Banzai Nakajima! I think he's
> already mentally put the white headband on
> underneath his helmet" LOL.
>
> One thing I think is worth noting(And I've just
> noticed now): James Hunt had major problems with
> Boutsen, Nannini, Patrese and Nakajima and
> consistently criticised them as drivers, but they
> finished 1-2-3-4 in this extremely challenging
> race. Hmmm.

Not sure about the other three, but Hunt had a major problem with Patrese for years because he blamed him for the accident which killed Ronnie Peterson. I don't think he ever stopped blaming him, actually.

Date: November 17, 2014 10:31PM
Which was ridiculous from Hunt, since it was him and not Patrese who actually put Peterson in the barrier(Not that anyone should be blamed for that one, it was a pure tragic accident).
Think Hunt's attitude towards Patrese was actually love/hate rather than a pure dislike. He definitely made some bitchy comments about Patrese(mainly in the later years from what I can see), but he also said some very nice things about him without any prompting(Like in the 1982 Austrian GP, when Patrese's spin off the track with a blown engine was the perfect chance for Hunt to lay into him, like he did in the '91 Italian GP. But instead he sympathised with Patrese and praised him for a really good drive. He praised Patrese during the 1981 Dutch GP too).

Think he was a bit fixated on Patrese TBH.

Ironic that Patrese was the only driver who drove in every single race Hunt commentated on. Karma's a bitch.

He seemed to think Boutsen just wasn't a top driver who didn't deserve the competitive drives he got at Benetton and then Williams. His rant during the 1990 Australian GP suggested this anyway.

He criticised Nannini for apparently not being intelligent(Silverstone 1988) and generally not being motivated enough.

He thought to begin with that Nakajima wasn't good enough for F1.

He was a big fan of Roberto Moreno too, for some strange reason - Moreno never struck me as being that good.

Date: November 18, 2014 03:19AM
Kinda like Martin Brundle with Fisichella really. He kept having sarcastic digs at him - not every race, but over time they were numerous. The first one was in the very F1-ITV race at Melbourne '97, when Fisi(Who'd taken Brundle's old Jordan seat) spun off(Ironically at Turn 3) and Martin seemed to suggest Jordan should've kept him on instead of hiring Fisi. The fact he said "Botticelli" purely in relation to him says a lot. His digs at him in Bahrain 2006 in particular, after Fisi swore on the team radio, were brilliant.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy