Posted by: smoglessbutton4
Ooh, Lewis...

GPGSL -
GPGSL-3 - Pizza Party Racing manager and driver
Nations Cup - Team Scotland manager
Re: 2013 Brazilian Grand Prix ***Season Finale***
Date: November 24, 2013 06:19PM
Posted by: EC83
This race has been building up beautifully. Now hoping it'll climax.
C'mon rain, do a 2008!

Date: November 24, 2013 07:10PM
Posted by: J i m
Sooooo the donuts were drier than I predicted but reality did agree with me.

Not a bad race... some good drives and moments. Red Bull even had time to cock up the pit-stops (albeit with logical safety car fears overtures). Alonso meaning some bussiness and getting back to the podium.

Great performance by McLaren by both Button and Perez. I think Button overtook 3 cars in a single lap at one point so he definitely had the bit between his teeth but Perez was equaly quick if not a tiny smidge quicker but bottled up behind Rosberg.

Bad race for Merc, Rosberg slow and Hamilton being in the wrong places at the wrong times. I think his incident with Bottas was a "racing incident". He didn't really need to drifting into Bottas in the braking zone but nor did Bottas who was effectively a lap behind him.

Yet another bad race for Williams... good start for Bottas but it all went wrong afterwards. Maldonaldo was basically a bit inattentive with his clash with Vergne.

Good moment by Webber on the slow down lap.. taking off his helmet to feel the air and say goodbye... he'll get a reprimand for that and not a single @#$%& will be given.

Date: November 24, 2013 07:22PM
Posted by: Carlitox
Very nice race, apart from the usual Vettel dominating everyone. At one point it got really crazy, how the hell did RBR managed to make two mistakes and still come out 1-2? It's easy to see there that the whole team is awesomely skilled.

Massa's penalty was nonsense to me. Specifically, the rule in which they based the penalty is nonsense. I mean, that's the racing line! And yes, it is dangerous as s**t, but when you take a wider line, you lose time there. I don't know how accurate simracing games are, but in rFactor I lose some time by avoiding that line. That corner has been messed up for years but sadly it's really difficult to solve it cheaply and efficiently.

Last but not least, farewell to Mark Webber, one of my favourite drivers and a really crazy person. Best of luck owning the Audis at Le Mans!

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Date: November 24, 2013 09:39PM
Posted by: RenaultFan
Good race, It was so cool to see webber take of his helmet on the cool down lap. Still cant believe the season has come to a end and we will have to wait until March for another race.
Date: November 24, 2013 10:45PM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
Yeah a cracking way to end the season. Brazil tends to do that. I hope the rumours that Abu Dhabi will be the last race in 2014 turn out to be false.

Brilliant drives from all three men on the podium. As Jim said, cracking drives from the two McLaren boys as well, did not expect that after yesterday.

Thought I'd give this a share with some of you guys, just a reflective piece looking back at Mark Webber's career. This was written pre-race just as a heads-up

[richlandf1.com]

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: November 25, 2013 03:02AM
RenaultFan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Good race, It was so cool to see webber take of
> his helmet on the cool down lap.

It was kinda awesome. It reminded me of Berger at Estoril in 1989 - the only other time I can remember a driver doing that.

Date: November 25, 2013 10:54AM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
fantastic race.

yet i would like to points something out. Alonso's defending on webber was terrible. I mean, the guy had a similar pace to Mark, but never took the defensive line to protect his position.

And he let mark overtake him twice. If you look at massa, his pace to hailton was probably comparable to alonso's pace to webber. Yet, massa did a great job to defend the position.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2013 10:54AM by mitadumapaga.
Date: November 25, 2013 11:47AM
Posted by: Morbid
As far as I know, Vettel crossed the pit entry line in the exact same fashion as Massa did, on the final lap. Yet no punishment was handed out.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: November 25, 2013 12:01PM
Posted by: gav
Massa did it on three occasions though, and was warned at least once.
Date: November 25, 2013 12:38PM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
do you think massa didnt understand what rob told him on the team radio?

it sounded complicated and we all know how "good" felippe is with the English language.

Indeed, he must be stupid to do that even when he knows a penalty will follow.
I thought crossing over that line was the norm?
Or is it going over with all 4 tyres?
Date: November 25, 2013 10:28PM
Posted by: n00binio
mclarenaustralia schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I thought crossing over that line was the norm?
> Or is it going over with all 4 tyres?

yep. 2 wheels were ok, but they were not allowed to go over the line with all four wheels.
in other news vettel has won the constructors championship as well ;)

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Date: November 25, 2013 10:41PM
Posted by: gav

Sadly not blown to destruction, but I wouldn't want to stand too close just in case!

Gives you some hope for 2014 too. The V8s sound utterly crap without anything to drive (OK, they usually sound crap compared to engines gone by too, but things move on). Hopefully when the turbo engines are off the dyno, we get a bit more of a grumbling tone.
Date: November 25, 2013 10:55PM
We at least got one blown to destruction in the race when Grosjean worked his magic on it. ;)

I can't wait for the turbos next year, it'll be my first experience of them first-hand after missing the original turbo era by 3 races(Monaco 1989). It should be a win-win situation for F1 itself as well as us.

Date: November 25, 2013 11:34PM
Posted by: Ho3n3r
This article explains what Massa was doing differently to all the others -> [www.autosport.com]

See this picture specifically:

Sad, but at the same time, the rule was clear enough.
Date: November 25, 2013 11:53PM
Posted by: smoglessbutton4
Last time I checked, vacuum cleaners didn't make 'grumbling' noises (at least when healthy) ;)

GPGSL -
GPGSL-3 - Pizza Party Racing manager and driver
Nations Cup - Team Scotland manager
Date: November 26, 2013 12:31AM
Posted by: flat tyre
I think you'll find it's the person using it that's grumbling ;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
Date: November 26, 2013 01:28AM
That makes Massa's penalty more understandable. If the Stewards observed Massa with all 4 wheels inside the C-D line, warned him twice and he still crossed it a 3rd time, then it's a slam-dunk.

Date: November 29, 2013 08:58PM
Posted by: Muks_C
Massa can't complain:

screenshots from one of the incidents they showed in the coverage and in the BBC red button forum show. the car behind even kept at least 2 wheels on the correct side of the line. the critical part is the hatched/criss-cross bit, which they were told not to go over with all 4 wheels.

i think he thinks he should be immune from penalties because this race was in brazil and it was a special day for him. i'm sure he wouldn't have reacted like this if it had happened at any other race. his comment about the FIA thinking they have all the power was stupid. yes, they do have all the power Felipe, and all the video evidence.

and BBC, please get rid of Eddie Jordan. He tried to stir sh!t up with Rob Smedley after Domenicali's comments that the penalty cost them points and therefore 2nd in the constructor's championship. EJ said to Rob that Domenicali was blaming Massa and Rob for it and holding them responsible for losing 2nd. he didn't say that at all. good job Rob didn't bite, he said he was sure Stefano wouldn't say such a thing and EJ should stop stirring. but this wasn't Eddie being mischievious, it was him being his usual self and not understanding the meaning behind people's comments. the man is a buffoon and a liability, and can't string a coherent sentence together most of the time.

he also went on about how it would have been nice if Seb had pulled over and given Webber the win. is this guy for real? firstly, why would Seb throw away a win and the chance to make a new record that will likely never be beaten? also considering they are not exactly best friends and Seb will have no pity for Mark whatsoever, so wouldn't want to give him a charity win.
secondly, Mark wouldn't have been proud to have taken the win like that. Clearly Seb was going to win once we got past the 1st lap, so Mark wouldn't have deserved it anyway, it would have been as bad as the Austria 2002 debacle if it had happened here. also Mark has too much pride and dignity to want to be gifted a win. that win would have meant absolutely nothing to him. it would have been insulting to him.

yes it would have been a nice romantic way to end his F1 career to have taken a win if he'd deserved it by outclassing Seb on genuine pace, but it would have been awful for Seb to have just let him past.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy