Tuned into Top Gear last night, caught Seb Vettel.

Posted by mortal 
Tuned into Top Gear last night, caught Seb Vettel.
Date: November 18, 2013 08:51PM
Posted by: mortal
I thought he was very personable and likeable. He has a great sense of humor and to top it off he did the lap in the little car in 1:44, beating Rubens by 3/10ths to top the leader-board.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Re: Tuned into Top Gear last night, caught Seb Vettel.
Date: November 18, 2013 10:16PM
Posted by: senninho
This is why I don't get the hate for the guy. The finger and the post-race radio messages are pretty cheesy, but out of that context he does come across as a genuinely nice guy, with a sharp sense of humour. His standing among journalists is probably the best indicator of that.

Date: November 20, 2013 10:35AM
Posted by: mortal
Quite right, he just needs to lose the finger, it is seriously annoying. Hopefully he'll grow out of it one day. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: November 21, 2013 02:16AM
Posted by: EC83
I love his sense of humour in particular and his character in general. That's the thing that many drivers in the past - particularly MS - have lacked.

Date: December 09, 2013 08:29PM
Posted by: Diax F1
"Tuned into Top Gear last night, caught Seb Vettel. "

That thread title makes me wonder why you're not in Formula 1 next season if you caught Seb Vettel ;)

He certainly showed towards the end of the season that he's not as arrogant as Michael Schumacher was in his hayday - the finger is very irritating, but he's got a cracking sense of humour. If only he'd show that more often (and the finger a lot less) there wouldn't have been quite so much animosity towards him. Oh, and he needs to stop winning all the time. That might help too ;)

Date: December 10, 2013 10:10AM
Posted by: Stoopid
Sebastian Vettel is no where near as arrogant as Michael Schumacher was. The finger needs to go, however, as that does come across as smug and arrogant and a little childish, in my opinion, but I don't think he has quite understood that yet.

Lewis Hamilton and Mark Webber have returned to the Top Gear track and have both beaten Vettel's time by some margin.

F1 driver - Time (mins)

Lewis Hamilton - 1.42.9

Mark Webber - 1.43.1

Sebastian Vettel - 1.44.0

Rubens Barichello - 1.44.3

The Stig (ll) - 1.44.4

Nigel Mansell - 1.44.6

Lewis Hamilton - 1.44.7 (w)

Jenson Button - 1.44.7 (w)

The Stig (l) - 1.46.1

Damon Hill - 1.46.3

Mark Webber - 1.47.1 (w)

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Date: December 10, 2013 10:14AM
Posted by: gav
I'm not sure how much value I place in the Top Gear times. I'm fairly sure they sometimes 'smudge' the big celebrities times, and if they do who's to say they're not doing it with the F1 drivers? I struggle to believe that one world champion is 3.5 seconds slower than another in a foreign car to both of them.
Date: December 10, 2013 02:21PM
Posted by: J i m
gav Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm not sure how much value I place in the Top
> Gear times. I'm fairly sure they sometimes
> 'smudge' the big celebrities times, and if they do
> who's to say they're not doing it with the F1
> drivers? I struggle to believe that one world
> champion is 3.5 seconds slower than another in a
> foreign car to both of them.

I don't place much hold in them either. And on top of the theatrical smudging.... there's also to consider that the conditions for each driver are going to vary quite a bit.. for example the weather, temperature, grip, condition of the tyres etc etc. I mean there is only one thing that can hope to remain remotely consistent. They all use the same car. But it's condition is unlikely to be comparable for each driver.

Stoopid Wrote:
> The finger needs to go, however, as that does
> come across as smug and arrogant and a little
> childish, in my opinion, but I don't think he has
> quite understood that yet.

Seeing as his girlfriend is now pregnant, I'd say he'd moved on from the finger...

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Incident 2k9 Wrote:
> Stoopid Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > The finger needs to go, however, as that does
> > come across as smug and arrogant and a little
> > childish, in my opinion, but I don't think he
> has
> > quite understood that yet.
>
>
> Seeing as his girlfriend is now pregnant, I'd say
> he'd moved on from the finger...

Lol, assuming it's his! ;)
Date: December 13, 2013 02:12AM
Posted by: EC83
Salva, you bad boy! (In Seb's voice)

The thought of a Vettel dynasty in F1 is an interesting and slightly scary one.

I don't see how his finger salute comes across as smug or immature. To me it's only ever come across as saying "#1" or "1st", which in fairness he's tended to be during his F1 career so far.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy