The 2014 Formula One Season

Posted by madotter 
Re: The 2014 Formula One Seaso
Date: February 05, 2014 02:54PM
Posted by: smoglessbutton4
What about taking a MotoGP engine and sticking on a massive turbo to triple the power, then stick it in an F1 car? ;)

GPGSL -
GPGSL-3 - Pizza Party Racing manager and driver
Nations Cup - Team Scotland manager
Re: The 2014 Formula One Season
Date: February 05, 2014 09:35PM
Posted by: J i m
Now... I adore a good ol Ferrari V12, I mean who wouldn't? I loved the early 90s era when there were a variety of engine configurations and hence different sounds, it was terrific.

I quite liked the more recent v10 and v8 eras.

But honestly?

[youtu.be]

I don't know what all the fuss is about.. These sound fantastic and they're not even at full tilt!

If any jumped up chav out there, thinks his Honda civic or max power exhaust sounds like that or even remotely as good then he's very much deluded.

Even if the volume is slighty lower than recent times.. So what? There's more to the engine sound now and more variety.

Furthermore at Le Mans, the hybrids are practically silent yet still damned cool all the same.

Date: February 05, 2014 10:51PM
Posted by: gav
For those complaining about the relative lack of noise, the 80s turbo cars weren't exactly ear-bleeding. I love the sound of these. In fact, I'd have been happy if they'd gone 4-cylinder and stuck a bigger, torquier turbo on top.

Even with the retarded politics going on, I'm looking forward to this season more than any I can remember in recent times. It feels like F1 is back flowing through me. BRING IT ON!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2014 10:52PM by gav.
Date: February 07, 2014 05:03PM
Posted by: Frantic
First real image from Millennium Falcon Toleman Lotus nose

Date: February 07, 2014 07:40PM
Posted by: IWE
video: [youtu.be]

;)

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: February 08, 2014 11:56AM
"No rabbits were harmed in the making of this video"

Just a Pastor Maldonaldo.... which is infinitely more tolerable ;)

Date: February 12, 2014 05:48AM
Posted by: Frantic
guys, look at this!

it was in OnPole (they soon switched it for a McLaren one). this, and Petrobras and Banco do Brasil about to be confirmed as sponsor, how tests have been until now and how Massa adapted there, makes me have a really good feeling about Williams for this year (well they cant do it worse than 2013...). Its a complete different atmosphere inside the team now. cant wait to see the new livery!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2014 07:59AM by Frantic.
Date: February 12, 2014 07:02AM
Posted by: smoglessbutton4
(Y)

GPGSL -
GPGSL-3 - Pizza Party Racing manager and driver
Nations Cup - Team Scotland manager
Date: February 12, 2014 07:07PM
I broadly agree. The vibe I'm getting for Williams is the best I've felt for years. They've finally taken a serious look at the structure of the team and taken steps to rebuild the infrastructure, I said a couple of years back that the team basically needed a clean sheet approach. It seems to be happening now.

Date: February 13, 2014 02:17PM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
I agreee with you guys.

besides, massa is a super talented driver. he may not have beaten alonso, but it does not make him a bad racer. together with bottas' youth and massaès experience, and with the sheer talent that both have, it may turn out to be a very strong season for williams (indeed, when you look back to 2008 or 2009 they had a good season, but only one driver who picks points). Now with this driver duo things look much brighter
Date: February 19, 2014 01:24PM
Posted by: gav
Most funky. Most certainly funky.

W05 360° video
Date: February 20, 2014 05:13PM
Posted by: Slash
gav Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Most funky. Most certainly funky.
>
> W05 360° video

great video.... did you notice the watch on his gloves?. lol... Marketing eh?

i know it's not high perorming but the sound reminded me of this for some reason

Date: February 21, 2014 05:13PM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
mercedes powered cars look like a safe bet, at least in the opening races of the season. Their engines are:

more powerful
more reliable
more developed (since they were able to accumulate the highest mileage so far)

if you take a look at this test in Bahrain, mercedes and ferrari powered cars top the timing sheets. mercedes; mclaren; ferrari; williams; even force india. they are all above their respective competitors. hm...
Date: February 21, 2014 06:02PM
Posted by: kedy89
Hamilton only 1.9s slower than Rosberg's 2013 pole time, and Alonso with a top speed of ~336km/h which is about 20km/h faster than in the 2013 Bahrain GP.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Date: February 22, 2014 03:43PM
Posted by: Laton
So now we have

Felipe Massa
Felipe Nasr

Both at Williams. You couldn't make that up!
Date: February 22, 2014 06:09PM
If Massa is "Felipe Baby"

Then what is Nasr? "Felipe Embryo"?

Date: February 23, 2014 03:02PM
J i m Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If Massa is "Felipe Baby"
>
> Then what is Nasr? "Felipe Embryo"?

Are they both pronounced the same? Except for the N/M?

It's like, Nasr is the unevolved form of Massa, in Pokémon terms.
Date: February 23, 2014 04:47PM
Posted by: Nickv
Well, that depends on the language you pronounce it in. The English have the habit of adding an R that isn't there when a word ends with A. The worst offender being Jeremy Clarkson's Honderesstwothousand. It's pronounced Mahsah and Nahsser. I think.

As for the yearly Williams-is-really-going-to-be-lots-better-this-year-mantra, I remain sceptical. The ingredients seem to be there (again), but Williams have been atrocious at putting them together in the last 5 years.
Date: February 23, 2014 05:21PM
Hmm except.. Last year the ingredients weren't really there, or already leaving and not fitting together well. I had a very pessimistic feeling about them last year.

But this year, there is a vibe. Every announcement lately has been genuinely positive. Mercedes power, Pat Symonds, Rod Nelson, strong engineering recruitment, Massa, new investment and sponsors.

Testing has been encouraging so far, the car is emerging as one of the most reliable so far, and trackside observers have noted that it looks well balanced on the handling front as well.

Pretty much all these factors were missing last year, and for the proceeding years as well. The FW35 in particular looked like it would have quite happily fallen over at every corner (and that wasn't just the Maldonaldo factor).

The last few years no-one in the paddock or media have rated their prospects, no one mentioned them as a team to look out for, Caterham even had them in their sights at one point. But this year they're being talked up by creditable paddock insiders even some of the favourite teams and drivers are looking over their shoulder at them.

I'm not saying that Williams are about to leapfrog back to top team status but don't rule them out either, for once they've got a genuinely decent base to build upon, it feels like they have a good future waiting for them again as opposed to simply enduring the long painful death which has loomed over them more recently.

Also the positivity is beginning to shine through from the team as well, Pat Symonds in particular is starting to come across as very relaxed, positive and confident in interviews, even more so than usual.

It would have been so easy to have gone the way of Prost, Arrows, Super Aguri and HRT but they've survived.. And they might just come back stronger again.

Date: February 23, 2014 09:20PM
Yeah but in English words ending in er, ah and a are all pronounced exactly the same, at least where I come from they are.

So Massa and Masser would be identical phonetically. Like, Jimmy Vasser and Felipe Massa.

Anyway, I feel stupid for bringing this up again but I really don't understand. Why are the Lotus tusks different lengths? I understand that one of them (the longer of the two) is the crash structure. But why is the other one shorter? I don't understand :(

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2014 09:20PM by Laton.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy