The 2014 Formula One Season

Posted by madotter 
Re: The 2014 Formula One Season
Date: January 27, 2014 06:45PM
Posted by: thestig88
#HIDEOUS!

sums up F1 though, how it allows itself to get into dumbass situations (N)
Date: January 27, 2014 09:11PM
Posted by: Laton
FORMULA PHALLUS.

Macca and Renault ain't so ugly now.. are they?

Sauber I can just about manage to look at. That STR though... looks like something you see at the back of Anne Summers. I wonder if it vibrates when the engine's running.

I'm pretty sure bulls have their dicks underneath, not on their face.
Date: January 27, 2014 09:36PM
Posted by: smoglessbutton4
That STR is a beautiful car... or it would be, if it wasn't ruined by the nose (N)

GPGSL -
GPGSL-3 - Pizza Party Racing manager and driver
Nations Cup - Team Scotland manager
Date: January 27, 2014 09:45PM
Posted by: salvasirignano
thestig88 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> #HIDEOUS!
>
> sums up F1 though, how it allows itself to get
> into dumbass situations (N)

The rule makers don't seem to think anything through. Surely when they are thinking of the regulations there are some technically minded people amongst them who will be able to forecast what kind of hideous solutions the teams will come up with?
The noses this year are an abomination.

===================================================================================
Tahitian GP Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Easter Island Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: January 27, 2014 10:17PM
Posted by: gav
Agreed, that thing is certainly hideous. It's like they've gone out of their way to make it look as nasty as possible.

But on the lighter side...

Date: January 27, 2014 10:27PM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
I don't envy the mechanic who has to give that a polish tomorrow morning.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: January 27, 2014 10:37PM
Or the Japanese director who has to pixelate frame-by-frame live.
Date: January 27, 2014 11:41PM
Haha, ah, I'm sure we're gonna have fun with these noses this year.

I'm just looking forward to the reaction the very first time we see someone break one.

"He's broken his schlong!"

Date: January 28, 2014 12:01AM
Mercedes are cooking up a funky W05. From the sneak-peak shots Mercedes have posted on Twitter, the front looks like the Ferrari on steroids.
Date: January 28, 2014 12:16AM
Posted by: Nickv
Eww, STR didn't put in much effort in concealing their thing. And neither did Sauber.

I guess we can re-use all the Super Aguri jokes for them?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2014 12:18AM by Nickv.
Date: January 28, 2014 08:38AM
Posted by: Frantic

its just amazing!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2014 08:42AM by Frantic.
Date: January 28, 2014 08:43AM
Posted by: alless84
Finally a car that looks like it should!
Date: January 28, 2014 09:05AM
Posted by: Isaint
My Faith is restored!! Cracking car!(Y)

" Perfection is not a gift ....... it comes with practice."

Member of R.S.C.T Group
Date: January 28, 2014 09:25AM
The Merc and the Red Bull are stunners. The Force India... not so much.

Date: January 28, 2014 11:10AM
Posted by: gareth
Leaving giant appendages aside for just a moment, the liveries thus far are leaving a little to be desired. Here's my take thus far in order of worst to best (based purely on paint jobs):

Force India - what a mess. Going black for black's sake, but retaining white highlights, with seeming no rhyme nor reason for the various splotches of green and saffron. They've gone from one of the better, more distinct liveries to undoubtedly the fuggliest.
Mercedes - I like the flashes of turquoise high up on the nose, on the front wing and side pods. I like the giant shiny Merc tridents on the engine cover. But the random black stripe that shoots up at 45 degress randomly has got me beat. Where the hell did that come from and why the hell did that appear? Again, no rhyme nor reason for it.
Toro Rosso - it's become a bit of a staid look and feel for STR, but this car's proportions don't lend itself I believe to the rushing bull, and especially the swooping Red Bulls on the side pods. It just doesn't gel overall for mine. Treatment of the gold circle and bulls on the nose is poor.
McLaren - barely counts as a livery really, but the sleek plain chrome with black wings I don't mind although I probably wouldn't have eliminated red entirely as an accent colour around the nose and running up to the cockpit. I'd be amazed if it stays as sparse as the launch car through the season.
Sauber - now we're into the good liveries. Smart, simple, starting to create an identity for a team that has lacked one since the end of the BMW days. Solid, if not spectacular. The angled white and red flashes do seem to have a rhyme and a reason.
Red Bull - the epitome of maintaining 'brand image'. A look that I reckon in ten years will be as revered as red and white Mclarens, Ferraris with black wings and blue, white and yellow Williams. Love the yellow and bulls treatment to minimise the appearance on the nose.
Renault - I'm probably one of the few who actually like the red bits on the black and gold livery. It's a racier looking evolution of last year and I like it.
Ferrari - I'm not a Ferrari fan but got to say, I do like the change to have black at the back. I like that side on, it is straight, sharp lines that hit a distinct point, but viewed from any other angle the lines curve beautifully over the shape of the car - that angled point disappears.

Williams doesn't count as the livery we've seen so far is an interim testing paint job. I'm expecting good things from Caterham, and more of the same from Marussia.

What do you guys reckon?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2014 11:11AM by gareth.
Date: January 28, 2014 01:00PM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
That Mercedes is lovely!....

.....was lovely.

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Date: January 28, 2014 02:34PM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL

Is it just me or are these pictures completely photoshoped?!

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Date: January 28, 2014 03:18PM
Posted by: EC83
How ironic that the one car with an attractive nose gets its nose specialled on day 1. LOL.

Date: January 28, 2014 03:20PM
Posted by: flat tyre
Heh, I see what you mean, but I think it's just the flash.

As much as I said I disliked the Ferrari before, when it's out on track... wow, it looks aggressive.

In other news... I think I have a new all-time favourite looking car :-o this is just freaking awesome!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
Date: January 28, 2014 03:53PM
Posted by: smoglessbutton4
FI are an example of how to cover a bad nose (Y)

And having seen them on track, Ferrari looks no better, and most of the FI livery is a mess (N) Merc and Red Bull look awesome though. I also have a soft spot for the STR (nose aside) (Y) (Y)

GPGSL -
GPGSL-3 - Pizza Party Racing manager and driver
Nations Cup - Team Scotland manager

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2014 03:58PM by smoglessbutton4.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy