The 2014 Formula One Season

Posted by madotter 
Re: The 2014 Formula One Season
Date: January 22, 2014 10:54AM
Posted by: smoglessbutton4
Looks a stunner (hopefully they haven't gone down the anteater nose route!) (Y)
EDIT: Hang on, those sidepods...

GPGSL -
GPGSL-3 - Pizza Party Racing manager and driver
Nations Cup - Team Scotland manager

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2014 10:56AM by smoglessbutton4.
Date: January 22, 2014 11:54AM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
Personally I think it looks terrible.

The orange, which has been the principle colour since 09 is swamped by the black.

I usually love black cars but this one... Terrible

Does anyone else think it looks like the Minardi from 1996, but with some orange splashed over it?

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: January 22, 2014 12:13PM
The Minardi from 1996 looked gooood! ;)

And no, I don't see the slimilarity

GPGSL -

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2014 12:20PM by smoglessbutton4.
Date: January 22, 2014 12:23PM
Posted by: gav
I'm in the middle. I've seen a lot of positive comments elsewhere and in principle it does look good, certainly in profile, but there's something about it that doesn't sit right, and I don't know what. Perhaps it's just that it's a render and it will look better on track.

It appears to have stolen the MP4-26's sidepods from the skip out the back.
Date: January 22, 2014 12:47PM
Posted by: Isaint
Force India 2014

[www.gpupdate.net]

Don't know about you guys. But for me shape looks nice from side almost a throw-back to the old days with the drop nose.

" Perfection is not a gift ....... it comes with practice."

Member of R.S.C.T Group

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2014 12:53PM by Isaint.
Date: January 22, 2014 03:20PM
Posted by: Carlitox
Personally I reckon the colours are outstanding. I love black cars splashed with bright happy colours, hence why I fell in love with the Orange Arrows during my childhood.

BUT I want to see a front shot before I give a final veredict. And most importantly, I want to see it hit the track once and for all.

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Date: January 22, 2014 04:00PM
All accounts that I've heard it will have an anteater nose.

Date: January 22, 2014 04:25PM
Posted by: J i m
Scarbs definitely seems to think so... Indeed Autosport seem to have deduced a remarkable amount of info from that image which is obviously designed to hide the details. [www.autosport.com]

In my view on first glance the livery is terrible but the shape is nice BUT it's almost impossible from that image to discern if the nose is one of the "ant-eater" variety or not. Plus it's only launch spec anyways. They'll update the areo before Melbourne and it could actually end up looking significantly different... whatever it actually looks like now which if we're honest we can't really tell.

Date: January 22, 2014 04:41PM
F***! (N) (N)

GPGSL -
Date: January 22, 2014 08:07PM
Posted by: Laton
Dear me, that's atrocious.

I quite like the colour scheme on the nose but the rest is tacky. Kudos for doing something different - they were risking becoming the next Toyota of static-livery tedium but this just looks like a @#$%& early 90's backmarker.
Date: January 22, 2014 09:16PM
Posted by: Nickv
@#$%& early 90's backmarkers rocked.

I think the colours are great, but there is little coherence between the several differently coloured parts. It's a random dash of white here and a random green line there. It needs a bit of work.

Also, the 2014 Caterham GP2 car can be seen on the bottom right of the screen of this video:

It is very likely to have a similar livery to the one to be used in F1.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2014 09:24PM by Nickv.
Date: January 22, 2014 10:05PM
Good spot (Y)

GPGSL -
Date: January 23, 2014 11:31AM
Posted by: Mullet345
Anyone else seen what looks to be Williams 2014 car? I sure hope they won't keep the 'anteater' part of the front wing. Out of the whole car, it just doesn't look right in my opinion. As for the livery, from what I saw, the livery was just plain blue with Williams on the car, so it seems the actual 2014 livery is still some time away from being revealed.

Date: January 23, 2014 11:53AM
It is an early development version of the car, obviously things will change before we get to Australia

I don't see why they'd change the nose, if what I've heard is to be believed most teams have gone down that route.

Williams will run a testing 'heritage blue' livery, as they've done in the past, throughout the testing period with the actual livery to be unveiled before the season gets underway in Australia.

Date: January 23, 2014 12:56PM
From what I've heard the noses may actually get even more unpalatable before Melbourne.

The FW36, although obviously no beauty in the nose department is probably relatively in-offensive at this stage. But that could change for the worse by the time we get to Melbourne.

The blank blue color is the "heritage livery", which is a similar concept they've employed through out testing in previous years. They've changed the "W" logo.. it's gone slightly retro. It will interesting to see if Massa's involvement has encouraged any investment from Brazil... although unrelated I saw a rumor that a title sponsorship deal had been done with Martini.

Now, that could be fanciable hearsay... but "Martini Williams Mercedes" has a certain ring to it.

Date: January 23, 2014 01:28PM
MARTINI (Y)

GPGSL -
Date: January 23, 2014 02:19PM
That Martini rumour might be slightly more credible than you'd at first think.

Would be great to see them back in the sport, even if I do feel they may some what steal MPR's thunder ;)

Date: January 23, 2014 03:54PM
Posted by: Carlitox

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2014 03:56PM by Carlitox.
Date: January 23, 2014 04:16PM
The car in itself looks fine.

It's just the nose which looks a bit on the hilarious side. We got used to all the fugly changes in the past though... this will be no different.

Date: January 23, 2014 06:46PM
Posted by: Frantic
Its ugly for now, but also in 2009 we said cars looked horrible respect 2008. We´ll get used to it.

I would really love seeing Martini in it, their colours along with Wiliams blue and white scheme would create a outstanding livery but i´m not so sure it could happen, isn´t banned advertising from alcoholic drinks by the rules? or is it only in some countries?

Also I´m anxious to see how will be McLaren´s livery this year. Im not expecting an orange car, but i hope they come along with a change and not with a red spot when vodafone used to be, altough thats possible because they could be waiting to 2015 to change completely with Honda´s arrival

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy