The 2014 Formula One Season

Posted by madotter 
Re: The 2014 Formula One Season
Date: September 11, 2013 01:57AM
Posted by: elpasho2005f1
Well it's official. Kimi has re-signed for Ferrari.

[www.bbc.co.uk]
Date: September 11, 2013 07:10AM
Posted by: smoglessbutton4
Wow - Eddie Jordan was right... again!
Crazy he may be, that guy's a blinkin' psychic! ;)

GPGSL -
GPGSL-3 - Pizza Party Racing manager and driver
Nations Cup - Team Scotland manager
Date: September 11, 2013 07:52AM
Posted by: gav
elspasho2005f1
Well it's official. Kimi has re-signed for Ferrari.

It's not even slightly official yet. ;)

But yeah, it's happening.
Date: September 11, 2013 10:11AM
Posted by: J i m
Lol it seems that Andrew Benson was desperate to be seen as breaking the story. I'd laugh if Ferrari turned round and said "Bazinger! We promoted Bianchi."

Though I do suspect it'll be Kimi, although my choice would be Hulkenberg.

Date: September 11, 2013 11:23AM
Posted by: gav
If this was 8 years ago I'd be creaming my pants right about now, but for some reason it's a little more underwhelming. The raw Kimi of the McLaren era has turned into a more consistent, slightly less scary driver.

It's still awesome, and I think the first time two true titans of the sport have been partnered in the same team since Senna and Prost (and in retrospect Alonso and Hamilton), but somehow I feel we've lost the best of this particular battle.
Date: September 11, 2013 12:02PM
I mean, I think Kimi is fantastic. Only a fool would think he'd be a flop by going back to Ferrari, at the very least he can expect to win more races. But I just think that going forward Hulkenberg is a better long term option because he's got more potential to grow into and I think the guy will just go on improving all the time relentlessly.

Watching Alonso v Kimi would be fun. On paper Alonso ought to come out on top for his utter ruthlessness. But I think there's a chance that he will simply not "get" Kimi and his legendary "meh" attitude. I think he'll be faced with a similar situation to what he had at McLaren where he struggled coming to terms having a rookie who could match him in every area. Heck he even had trouble coping with it all when Trulli had a run of decent form at Renault.

I'd expect Alonso to be the more successful of the two as team-mates but I certainly wouldn't rule Kimi out from playing a few aces of his own, in kind of the way that Button did at McLaren alongside Hamilton and surprised everyone by actually outscoring him across the three seasons they were together, and if Kimi does prove to be too close for comfort then I can see Alonso hissy fitting his way back to Enstone.

Date: September 11, 2013 01:46PM
Posted by: smoglessbutton4
J i m Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Lol it seems that Andrew Benson was desperate to
> be seen as breaking the story. I'd laugh if
> Ferrari turned round and said "Bazinger! We
> promoted Bianchi."
>
> Though I do suspect it'll be Kimi, although my
> choice would be Hulkenberg.

GPGSL -
GPGSL-3 - Pizza Party Racing manager and driver
Nations Cup - Team Scotland manager
Date: September 11, 2013 02:18PM
Posted by: IWE
Its official: Alonso have a new 2nd driver!

[formula1.ferrari.com]

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: September 11, 2013 02:23PM
Posted by: EC83
Ferrari have just Tweeted it from their official account, so I guess it's as official as it'll ever be now. :P

It's awesome having Kimi back with Ferrari, although I don't think he'll be beating Alonso consistently.

Date: September 11, 2013 02:33PM
Posted by: EC83
gav Wrote:
> The raw Kimi of the McLaren
> era has turned into a more consistent, slightly
> less scary driver.

I don't know. Back in 2003 Kimi was about as steady, consistent and un-scary as it's possible for a top driver to get, and it was only after that he showed his more spectacular side. Also, he's been constantly changing since - I don't think even Kimi himself knows what his driving style will be like from one season to the next. :P
So I'll go out on a limb and say he might still have plenty of rawness in him!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2013 02:36PM by EC83.
Date: September 11, 2013 10:56PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
I think this could only be bettered by Vettel and Alonso. I agree with Gav he isn't as edgy as he used to be. This Kimi would pit before his suspension collapsed.

Hamilton... on his day... could be added to those names up there too but he seems to be having (another) self-depreciating bollocksy wobbler again. It's all getting a bit Hollywood boring for me, I preferred the Hamilton who hit Massa every race because he was ballsy.
Date: September 11, 2013 11:00PM
Apparently Massa is a contender to slot in at Lotus in a straight swap with Kimi... now that's got to be a Bazinger because again I'd choose Hulkenberg.

Date: September 12, 2013 01:39AM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
If Massa gets the seat instead of Hulkenberg, I might have to cry a bit...I don't see any reason why they'd take him over Nico, especially as the word is that Ferrari prepared a contract for Nico before grabbing Kimi.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: September 12, 2013 05:22AM
Posted by: Frantic
hulk in lotus and massa in sauber?

Date: September 12, 2013 12:06PM
Posted by: senninho
Taki Inoue suggested that Massa will go to Lotus - it has been suggested elsewhere that Massa can't bring the kind of sponsorship money that Sauber need, and Taki does have his ear to the ground generally, as a driver manager.

Date: September 12, 2013 12:44PM
Posted by: IWE
senninho Wrote:
> Taki Inoue suggested that Massa will go to Lotus -
> it has been suggested elsewhere that Massa can't
> bring the kind of sponsorship money that Sauber
> need, and Taki does have his ear to the ground
> generally, as a driver manager.

Sep.12 (GMM) Felipe Massa has leapt into contention to replace the Ferrari-bound Kimi Raikkonen at Lotus.
Both the Brazilian's manager Nicolas Todt, and Lotus team boss Eric Boullier, have revealed 32-year-old Massa is in the running for what Todt describes as "the best seat" left on the 2014 grid.

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: September 12, 2013 12:51PM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
GMM...

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: September 12, 2013 01:02PM
Yeah.. I'd be wary of describing the "Lotus" as the "best" seat available left on the 2014 grid. For sure, assuming that McLaren take up their option on Button it's currently the most attractive seat. But lets not forget that there are some substantial regulation changes coming into force next year and so there is no guarantee that the current pecking order will be maintained. "Lotus" could as easily fall back into the lower reaches of the midfield (Remember that they lost James Ellison to Ferrari as well).

Clearly the teams with the best resources available to direct towards 2014 and beyond have their line-ups sorted now, Red Bull, Ferrari and Mercedes on paper are the three teams who ought to set the pace next year and yet any team down to Williams could produce a major surprise in having a properly competitive car if one of them gets a good hold of the regs and hits the ground running.

Date: September 19, 2013 08:18PM
Posted by: Toki
JB stays with Mclaren
[www.dailymail.co.uk]

The Real Story of the Race was that the Renault's fell apart and the Ferrari's didn't.
Rosberg headed for the sliproad and retired, probably because of Nicotin starvation they have still not given him a helmet with a little hole in it.
Date: September 20, 2013 06:24PM
Posted by: thestig88
Noticed people have stopped mentioning Robert Kubica, looks like its not going to happen (an F1 return for him)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy