Last race:
July 31, 2011
Winner:
Jenson Button (GBR)

Onboard lap with Felipe Massa 2011:

Re: 2012 Hungarian Grand Prix Thread ***SPOILERS***
Date: July 24, 2012 05:40AM
Posted by: Slash
never seen that lap, that was a good one...

seriously, it seems there was no other limit, is that his Q3 Qualy lap?, the one faster from Fernando?, as i was watching it i was thinking, "how does Alonso drives faster", but then i noticed Felipe outqualified him for this GP, so maybe he didn't.
Forecasts say that rain should set in tommorrow and stay for a week or so.
I've always liked the Hungaroring despite the fact that it's considered one of the worse tracks. Much better than the new Hockenheim imo, which I think I worse than Valencia! :p

I think the Hungaroring is one of those tracks where the racing might not always be the best, but it's fun just to watch the cars lap around the circuit, which feels quite retro after the Tilkedromes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
Date: July 24, 2012 10:09AM
Posted by: gav
I always found it quite fun to drive on GPx, but it rarely produced decent races. With DRS, KERS the slick tyres and the turn 1 alteration it's become a better track for racing over the past few years.

That said, how much of the improvement is perceived due to other tracks becoming more and more sanitised?
Date: July 24, 2012 01:05PM
Posted by: J i m
Hungary is never going to have a place in our hearts to rival say Suzuka.. but it's not all bad. It's had some classic Grand Prix moments that's for sure.

has anyone noticed how fast the maldonado-williams combination has become lately. They qualified 3-rd in valencia, where it was mega hot. then 7-th and 5-th in extremely challenging conditions in UK and Germany. considering the possible high temperatures, high downforce requirements and thus, the huge importance of tyre protection (sth. which the Williams is pretty good at), I consider putting 5 euro on maldonado for the win. especially when i will get 250 € if he actually wins

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2012 03:11PM by mitadumapaga.
Date: July 25, 2012 03:19PM
Aye... The Williams ought to be moderately competitive... But 2012 is still turning out as slightly too random to predict. Add to that that Maldonaldo is a prat and keeps driving into others whist Bruno sucks at qualifying and then gets involved in other people's incidents. Basically a good little car will be wasted as usual.

J i m Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Aye... The Williams ought to be moderately
> competitive... But 2012 is still turning out as
> slightly too random to predict. Add to that that
> Maldonaldo is a prat and keeps driving into others
> whist Bruno sucks at qualifying and then gets
> involved in other people's incidents. Basically a
> good little car will be wasted as usual.

I would expect Bottas to drive in a few races at the end of the season, with a view to driving in 2013. The Williams engineers have been quite impressed by him.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: July 25, 2012 03:52PM
Yeah.. But that will only happen if Bottas can find a rather massive sponsor because Williams are still relatively strapped for cash.

Date: July 25, 2012 06:53PM
Wiliams knows what they have in their hands, i'm actually susprised they haven't replaced either of the drivers yet (Bruno being first option).

they are loosing many points, they should put someone fast alongside Maldonado to see if he calms down a bit and starts driving smart to be able to "compete" against his teammate, because the way he's doing it, he seems to think he's able to crash and do what he wants because no one can drive that car faster.

they don't need someone in the long term, they can put Heidfeld, they can put (Sutil?), Liuzzi, Klien.

guys with experience that are usually decent performers, maybe even Jarno Trulli (whatever happened with him?), soemone to finish the season and be able to score points and finish races in decent places.

i have a question, if Red Bull are forced to change the maps, does that means any Renault user has to as well?, Williams, Lotus.. would that handicap considerably their performance?
Slash Wrote:
> Wiliams knows what they have in their hands, i'm
> actually susprised they haven't replaced either of
> the drivers yet (Bruno being first option).
>
> they are loosing many points, they should put
> someone fast alongside Maldonado to see if he
> calms down a bit and starts driving smart to be
> able to "compete" against his teammate, because
> the way he's doing it, he seems to think he's able
> to crash and do what he wants because no one can
> drive that car faster.
>
> they don't need someone in the long term, they can
> put Heidfeld, they can put (Sutil?), Liuzzi,
> Klien.
>
> guys with experience that are usually decent
> performers, maybe even Jarno Trulli (whatever
> happened with him?), soemone to finish the season
> and be able to score points and finish races in
> decent places.
>
> i have a question, if Red Bull are forced to
> change the maps, does that means any Renault user
> has to as well?, Williams, Lotus.. would that
> handicap considerably their performance?

I don't think the other Renault supplied teams used the mapping; I believe the mapping is produced by the individual teams.

I think Bottas will get the second Williams seat, considering his technical feedback is improving and doesn't look nearly as much of a handful as Senna or Maldonado (excl. his incident in Germany). Williams' improved showings this year should pull in some new sponsorship (perhaps).

Senna's just been nowhere. His only really good showing was in Malaysia where he managed to get 6th. The talent's there, he just seldom uses it.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
Hungarian Grand Prix 2012 Live Stream Watch Online free here. The 2012 Hungarian Grand Prix is a Formula One motor race that will take place at the Hungaroring circuit near Mogyoród, Hungary on 29 July 2012.

[www.sportsbun.com]
Date: July 27, 2012 07:05PM
Posted by: EC83
It should be an interesting race at least, possibly epic if there's rain. It'll struggle to match the awesomeness of last year though.
I think, like Gav picked up on, that this track is seen as a better one these days because so many of the new ones are absolute @#$%&. But it's still a GP I look forward to, if only because it's a long race. The prospect of a longer afternoon watching F1 is always good.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2012 07:09PM by EC83.
Date: July 27, 2012 11:01PM
it's very demanding GP, the track is challenging for the drivers, and as cars get mechanically faster it gets harder.

i hope it rains, i'tll give some a chance, if not it'll be bewteen the Macca drivers, hopefully Jenson, after all the bad weekends he had
Date: July 28, 2012 01:09PM
Posted by: Isaint
Breaking news:
switch found in Red Bulls car ...... assumptions are that they have been using it to adjust ride height. No statement from Horner yet, spreading round the paddock like wildfire.
But no official clarification yet.

" Perfection is not a gift ....... it comes with practice."

Member of R.S.C.T Group
Isaint Wrote:
> Breaking news:
> switch found in Red Bulls car ...... assumptions
> are that they have been using it to adjust ride
> height. No statement from Horner yet, spreading
> round the paddock like wildfire.
> But no official clarification yet.

He'll smarm his way out of it...the slimy git.

Date: July 28, 2012 03:22PM
Posted by: IWE
Red Bull boss Christian Horner denies team has made illegal parc ferme changes

"It was something that could either be changed by hand or by tool, but the FIA said they preferred it was a tool that was used," Horner told AUTOSPORT.

"We never changed the ride height in parc ferme or anything like that. It really is a non-issue."

[www.autosport.com]

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
And btw, if lewis is so mega fast in qualy, does it mean his car brings the tyres to the required temperature window much faster ergo, they (the tyres) will start overheating faster than , lets say The Ferrari.

btw, here is a confirmation for the wetter prediction. Indeed rain is expected EXACTLY around 14:00 o'clock. bring it on !
[www.wetter.net]

and thats the link of course :D:d
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy