2012 Monaco Grand Prix Thread ***SPOILERS***

Posted by madotter 
Re: 2012 Monaco Grand Prix Thread ***SPOILERS***
Date: May 25, 2012 01:53PM
Posted by: J i m
Yeah the Hunt & Alesi tribute designs are epic!

With regards to the circuit.. of-course the safety provisions have improved gradually over the years, sure the challenge has slightly eroded from that perspective. Yet I implore anyone to actually go to Monte Carlo and see just how narrow those streets are. You'd be blown away. I visited during a December so obviously all the barriers and fencing was down (the swimming pool had been converted into a ice rink!). I tried to envisage watching F1 cars blast through those streets but my head was telling me that it was impossible. My point is... Monaco is still a MASSIVE challenge regardless of the slight additions of run offs in recent years.

And to be honest... It's better having these slight alterations to the run offs than having Alberto Ascari in the harbour, Loerenzo Bandini burning to death, Karl Wendlinger in a coma, Button & Perez with heavy concussions etc.

Date: May 26, 2012 12:00PM
Posted by: gav
Maldonado will be getting another penalty for that 'chop' on Perez, similar to the tiff he had with Hamilton at Spa.

Then for good measure he goes and rips the rear wheel off. The tethers worked well there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2012 12:00PM by gav.
Date: May 26, 2012 12:21PM
Posted by: Isaint
Do you think that the win in Spain has gone to his head a little bit? I mean. His whole attititude seemed a quiet 'Bullish', unnecessary really.
What are the predictions so far? Hard to say don't you think, some running on race set up and some on quali .... I'm uncertain to be honest.

" Perfection is not a gift ....... it comes with practice."

Member of R.S.C.T Group
Date: May 26, 2012 12:29PM
Posted by: J i m
Yeah not exactly what Williams needed to see from Maldonaldo there, his Monaco reputation crashing down and Bruno piddling around off the pace of just about anything.

Date: May 26, 2012 01:39PM
Posted by: casabonka
[www.autosport.com]
10 place grid drop for Maldonado for his Perez chop

2013 - Nando must come through..
Red flag in Q1 as Perez crashes. It seems he lost his steering in the swimming pool? DC saying it looks like a broken track rod

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2012 02:11PM by truecrysis.
Date: May 26, 2012 02:55PM
Oh my! What's going on with Massa in (Q2)? If I wore a hat I'd be eating it right now ...... well done any how, proves the man can still drive. If ever there was any circuit that he was going to prove that, this is the one.(Y)

Member of R.S.C.T Group

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2012 02:56PM by Isaint.
Date: May 26, 2012 03:09PM
Posted by: aagancia
fantastic P1 from Schumi. Shame he has that 5 place penalty.
Date: May 26, 2012 03:12PM
Posted by: Slash
it's so nice to see Michael taking pole in a difficult track, with the most competitive field i've seen, the guy can compete with these ones

shame about the wrong handed penalty.
Date: May 26, 2012 03:13PM
Posted by: EC83
Brilliant from Michael!! If one thing was needed to give his confidence a boost it was this. :D

Date: May 26, 2012 03:17PM
AAAAA aaaaarrrg!! Michael .... go my friend. What a lap. Old man? What old man? Amazing lap. The one track that can truly be called a drivers track and he proved he's still the driver.
I don't know is it the first pole for Mercedes in Monaco since 1955?

Member of R.S.C.T Group

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2012 03:22PM by Isaint.
Date: May 26, 2012 03:20PM
Nope. That was Rosberg in China.

Date: May 26, 2012 03:22PM
Posted by: gav
WTF is up with F1?

Loving it. :D
Date: May 26, 2012 03:23PM
EC83 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nope. That was Rosberg in China.

Edit: Sorry, I meant at Monaco.

Member of R.S.C.T Group
Date: May 26, 2012 03:28PM
Isaint Wrote:
> EC83 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Nope. That was Rosberg in China.
>
>
> Edit: Sorry, I meant at Monaco.

Yeah, it would've been if it wasn't for the penalty.

gav Wrote:
> WTF is up with F1?
>
> Loving it. :D

+ 1!

Date: May 26, 2012 03:32PM
Posted by: elemental
EC83 Wrote:

> Yeah, it would've been if it wasn't for the
> penalty.
>

Pretty sure it counts as a pole and the penalty is applied 'between' qualifying and the race as far as stats go.
What a quali it was.

Q1 poor perez but i think something broke in the suspension cause the left front looked a bit weird in the slow motion replays.

Q2 wtf is goin on with the Lotus cars so slow???lol nearly goin out. Also I think Massa showed that he is still an awesome driver i mean look at how he drove the Ferrari around the streets with so much confidence. Dont think the little incident was too dangerous with the STR`s.

Q3 Rosberg goin quick straight away and Grosjean even quicker yay. Kimi and Fernando bit disapointing i think but maybe they have Reasons dunno. Then Webber flying and getting P1 wtf (Great Job Mark whos the boss at RedBull!!!). And then Schumi reclaiming his Spot at the top. tbh i never thaught seeing that again but i did lol.

As usual Great Quali hope Race is as great as this was.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"And thats the bottom line cause Alonso0506 said so"
Date: May 26, 2012 04:18PM
Posted by: auscain
Officials base their decisions on many factors.

Well done to Michael!!!! I like the look of his tires. Classic Schumacher, he made the tires slip when he needed and allowed them to grip when they wanted to. Michael obviously still has great finesse while under huge pressure.

IMHO, Senna’s boy owes at least a quiet apology, even if it’s just a look:-)
2012 Monaco Grand Prix Thread ***SPOILERS***
Date: May 26, 2012 04:54PM
Posted by: alexf1man
Something must've been broken on Perez's car, otherwise with the amount of steering lock applied he should've made the corner.

Date: May 26, 2012 06:31PM
Posted by: Slash
yes, something indeed was broken, in the slow mo's you could see the left tire going straight while the right one was turning
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy