Posted by madotter 
Re: 2012 Malaysian Grand Prix Thread ***SPOILERS***
Date: March 25, 2012 12:24PM
Posted by: Slash
where are the Mercedes?, lol
Date: March 25, 2012 12:25PM
Posted by: EC83
Alonso's looking pretty strong now. Perez is still doing awesome too.

Date: March 25, 2012 12:27PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
It's clearly not a tyre issue for Merc ... they just don't have the pace.
Date: March 25, 2012 12:32PM
holy @#$%& Perez is going to win it!!!!
Date: March 25, 2012 12:34PM
Posted by: danm
Oh my goodness this could be magnificent!

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: March 25, 2012 12:34PM
Posted by: danm
Wait, can you imagine, Alonso has the chance to 'let' Perez take this, and edge him into Massa's seat.

:D

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: March 25, 2012 12:36PM
Posted by: Toki
Someone Pinch me o_o please, this is unbelievable c'mon Sergio :-)

The Real Story of the Race was that the Renault's fell apart and the Ferrari's didn't.
Rosberg headed for the sliproad and retired, probably because of Nicotin starvation they have still not given him a helmet with a little hole in it.
Date: March 25, 2012 12:42PM
Date: March 25, 2012 12:51PM
Posted by: EC83
What a mental race!! Well done Fernando and extremely well done Sergio!

wow,wow. Great race Fernando and Sergio, great job to both.

HRT have no business being in Grand prix racing...
Date: March 25, 2012 12:53PM
Posted by: Toki
Huge Party in Mexico tonight ;) great race, we have 2 winners today.

The Real Story of the Race was that the Renault's fell apart and the Ferrari's didn't.
Rosberg headed for the sliproad and retired, probably because of Nicotin starvation they have still not given him a helmet with a little hole in it.
What a race

Massive congratulations to Sauber, fantastic drive from Perez

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: March 25, 2012 12:55PM
That was epic... well what I saw was. Stupid Sky.

Perez was great, shame he slipped off cause he would have won that on pace. Button went off the boil completely today.

Impressed with Williams!
Unimpressed with Mercedes.

Bye Felipe.
Date: March 25, 2012 12:58PM
Posted by: Vader
Notice to all pit crews:

NEVER TELL A DRIVER TO BE CAREFUL.

You oughta know by now.

Congrats to Alonso, but Perez is the man today. I reckon it's gonna be ciao Massa e salute Perez soon.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 25, 2012 01:03PM
Posted by: torana_05
great race pity about schuey not being anywhere but great for alonso and perez. thought he had alonso before he slid off

Date: March 25, 2012 01:14PM
Posted by: vesuvius
Perez would have won the race without the mistake...I wonder how much did Ferrari engines and place as a Ferrari driver had to do with that?=) all in all great drive from Alonso and Perez and also from Kimi who drove 5th and had no experience at all with Pirelli wet and intermediate tyres.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2012 01:14PM by vesuvius.
Sergio looked so pleased with 2nd, but I'd guess he died a little inside. Such a shame...

Massa can't cling on for much longer, can he?

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: March 25, 2012 01:23PM
Posted by: chet
Mclaren and RedBull showed similar, relative pace as they did in Oz. But where they lacked was that neither Perez, nor Alonso were driving the cars.

By far, and in a big way the two drivers who got everything from the machinery, and more.

IMO if there ever was evidence of drivers making the difference, then this was it. Perez and Alonso on another planet today. A shame for Perez, would have been huge embarrassment for Ferrari to lose to their customer team. I questioned team orders in my head, but realized Peter Sauber would sooner shoot himself than not take a shot at Sauber's first real victory.

Perez just pretty much signed the Ferrari contract with that drive. If he wants the seat, it's his.

Button was.... Korea 2010 like... simply awful, in fact I would have been a better choice and certainly not let Nico past on the final lap =/.

Lewis IMO let the mistakes get to him. Kimi was good. Grosjean was... Grosjean. Senna was Senna :D! Epic drive from him and super recovery from an awful Oz, and an awful qualifying session yesterday. The guy has looke quicker than Pastor in FP in both Oz and here. It's just he never gave himself the chance to show.

Alonso proved he is still the best overall driver.

Also, loving Vettel being under pressure, not at the front. If he can come through this with strong results he will be permanently in the record books as the great driver he was in 2010 and 2011. If he flounders around losing out to Webber then he will go down as the guy with the car at the right time. I dont think that's the case though, and I believe he will put Lewis and Button under more pressure than they have to him these last few years.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: March 25, 2012 01:23PM
Epic Alonso, Epic Perez.

about Vettel's puncture... did he threw the car to the HRT?, was he trying to "intimidate" him for "blocking".. if so that was EPIC fail, from the Camera Angle it seems he did.

Jenson was looking good fighting with Hamilton and all, but after the contact with Kartingking his race was horrible, good move on Massa but.. it's Massa ins't he?, how horrible it was beyond Horrible i'm a big Massa fan, but let's not fool ourselves, he's lost it, way beyond lost it, every other driver looks hungry but Massa looks like he's not there.

Grosjean, lol.. and he blames Michael?, didhe saw the Heli Angle?.. expected more from Kimi.

and good race from Senna as well, never tought i'd say it but after that horrible first lap he recovered and gave Williams those points they needed

Very dissapointing for Mercedes, 2nd race and only one point. not exactly something to be proud of. but what happened to Rosberg? did he just cruise to the end?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2012 01:25PM by Slash.
Date: March 25, 2012 01:26PM
Posted by: Eagle
Congratulations to Alonso for winning surely the best GP since the Canadian GP last year....LOVE WET RACES!!!!
To Sergio Perez..oh man, what a future you have in F1!! Honestly I really miss Robert Kubica not being in F1 but we have a replacement by God!

And as Vader says, don't tell a driver to be careful and conserve the tyres...I reckon if his pit crew kept their mouth's shut, Perez woulda taken Alonso either that same lap or the next.

To Massa....give up now and spare yourself the embarrassment of throwing away every race...better to go to Indycar.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy