2010 World Cup South Africa

Posted by Guimengo 
Re: 2010 World Cup South Africa
Date: June 27, 2010 05:51PM
Posted by: Slash
+1 hehe

though i don't think the score reflects what really happened on the field, England was finally playing well, at least in front, their weakness was teh defence, which the german capitalise on it

now let's invade America! :p
Date: June 27, 2010 05:55PM
Posted by: EC83
Yeah, ironic really that the match where England seemed to play best was the one they lost.

What impresses me about this German team is the apparent depth of talent. They seem to be pretty versatile, and have some very strong and talented younger players.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2010 05:59PM by EC83.
Date: June 27, 2010 05:59PM
Posted by: Twigster151
I'm sorry but we were absolutely dreadful today and we deserved to be hammered :(.
Date: June 27, 2010 06:08PM
Posted by: chet
We played well for all of 15mins max!

Anyway, im backing Mexico and Ghana! And maybe Argentina, depends on tonights result :p

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: June 27, 2010 06:45PM
Posted by: msater
chet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Anyway, I'm backing Mexico and Ghana!

+1

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Date: June 27, 2010 06:48PM
Posted by: salvasirignano
England could have lost that by six or seven goals.
Have any of these pundits stopped to think that it is because the English players individually (as well as collectively) aren't actually that good?
I mean, when have the likes of Gerrard or Rooney ever beaten a handful of players with a skillful run? Never is the answer.
There is no guile in the team whatsoever.

England's footballers are so obviously technically inferior to their European, South American and African counterparts it is embarassing.
Against Algeria the standout player in terms of ability was Karim Ziani! Doesn't that say everything?;)
Date: June 27, 2010 07:33PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
Defending was awful, no man-marking whatsoever, and the strikers cant score. There arent enough prolific English strikers, except Rooney who was dreadful all the way through the World Cup.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: June 27, 2010 08:32PM
Posted by: gav
salvasirignano
I mean, when have the likes of Gerrard or Rooney ever beaten a handful of players with a skillful run? Never is the answer.

That's never been the English way. England has never been a dribbling country - we are organised, use speed and are determined and incisive.

None of that was there at this world cup. Defensively we were awful and completely pulled apart (I feel sorry for Johnson today, as for the first 2 goals he was trying to cover not one but both centre backs). Klose (who must be around 65 now) was quicker than both our centre backs. There was drive in the team for about 20 minutes in total in the entire tournament.

It's not the lack of dribbling players that's the problem, it's the lack of any technique. Our first touch has been appalling. No control of the ball. Simple passes going to waste. No speed in our play (in a passing sense). Every thing was too rigid too.

Capello was supposed to pick in form players. So why the hell was Rooney still playing? Upson? Terry? Lampard? Heskey? HESKEY? Not that I'm covering any players (who were absolutely @#$%&) but why did Fabio never change the system? I screamed at the TV when he took off Milner rather than play Milner on one side and Cole on the other. Why wasn't Upson or Terry hauled off and Dawson or Carragher put on? We're 3-1 and 4-1 down and Lennon and Wright-Phillips are sat on the bench.

I wasn't too concerned after the group stages. I was willing to see how we fared against stronger opposition before I condemned them, thinking that we might perform better against a team which didn't just sit back and absorb, but I might as well have passed judgement after the Algeria team.

We'll probably look back and moan about the goal that never was, but that fact was that we were destroyed by Germany, were outplayed by Algeria and at best were equal to the USA and Slovenia.

We scored 3 goals in 4 games. 3 goals. FFS.

Congratulations to the Germans. You didn't have to play brilliantly (and there's plenty of problems in your back line to demonstrate that), but going forward you tore us apart. We were lucky it was only 4. You're a hell of a lot better than I was giving credit for before the tournament. The quarter final, presumably against Argentina, should be brilliant.
Date: June 28, 2010 02:29AM
Posted by: Guimengo
jcaranti Wrote:
> Argentina 3 Mexico 1

Are those emoticons to represent the party post-game between Maradona and the referee/officials? Argentina got extremely lucky, yet again.
Date: June 28, 2010 02:56AM
Posted by: Slash
Guimengo Wrote:
> jcaranti Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Argentina 3 Mexico 1
>
> Are those emoticons to represent the party
> post-game between Maradona and the
> referee/officials? Argentina got extremely lucky,
> yet again.

well, offside goals are very common mistake, the problem was the timing.. Mexico had a really well strategic game planted, and they weren't letting Messi and co play as they wanted, as soon as that goal came the moral of the Mexicans was destroyed, the mood was hit and they couldn't recover from it.. that's part of wining one of these games, you not only need to play well but to have mental strengts for whatever inconvenience.. had Mexico scored first it could've been a different story

having said that, Mexico didn't take advantage of some opportunities they had, as soon as they reach Argentina's defence they ran out fo ideas.... and it's not as if Argentina's defence is unbreakable
Date: June 28, 2010 04:32PM
Posted by: Ho3n3r
This is probably already old, but...

Date: June 28, 2010 07:15PM
Posted by: Ripping Corpse
.....in the final PORTUGAL X BRASIL..............(B)

.....ALL MY WORKS --> CLICK BELOW .....

.....WORKING on the works that give me passion.........
Date: June 28, 2010 09:02PM
No one can deny it was a penalty on Lúcio.
Also, Kaká needs to shut up and stop arguing, and start playing.
Date: June 28, 2010 09:06PM
YES! The classiest defender of his generation, in the molds of Aldair and Maldini, has finally scored a World Cup goal :D.
Date: June 28, 2010 09:26PM
Guimengo
No one can deny it was a penalty on Lúcio.

Maybe if he had the ball, but the ball had gone. He'll have a mark on his forehead from where he's grazed Mars though. That was some jump.

That's what I was talking about earlier - the guy is a superb actor. ;-)

2nd goal was better, but it was coming ever after the goal - they were more attackers than defenders on a couple of occasions.
Date: June 28, 2010 09:32PM
2 attacking changes for Chile. There'll be more goals... 4-0 Brazil is my guess. ;)
Date: June 29, 2010 09:11PM
Gav that was a penalty, Gullitt/Klinsmann/Shawn Bartlett/Alexi Lalas and every other former player agree with that. There's really no argument that can be done with you on that one.
Date: June 29, 2010 09:29PM
I don't agree. The ball had gone. Had he not jumped for the stars he might have had a chance, but I think all he did was convince Webb otherwise.

It's in the "seen them given" category, but it most certainly is not a nailed on penalty.
Date: June 30, 2010 02:34AM
Guess what? Villa was offside. 32 cameras in the stadium and FIFA forbid any revealing replay of being shown.
Date: June 30, 2010 12:00PM
Posted by: Covfan
Running scared of Spain then ;)

Seriously though, for me it's a very borderline offside decision.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy