2010 World Cup South Africa

Posted by Guimengo 
Re: 2010 World Cup South Africa
Date: July 01, 2010 11:47AM
Posted by: mortal
Soccer jokes.....

How do you know when a planeload of English soccer fans arrives? The plane's engines stop, but the whining continues.

What's the difference between England and a Lipton's Tea Bag? The tea bag stays in the cup longer!

I hear Oxo are making a new product. The packaging is white with a red cross and they're calling it the laughing stock.

Fabio Capello was wheeling his shopping trolley across the supermarket car park when he noticed an old lady struggling with her bags of shopping. He stopped and asked, "Can you manage dear?" To which the old lady replied, "No way. You got yourself into this mess, don't ask me to sort it out!"

The England soccer team went out to visit an orphanage in Cape Town on Saturday morning. "It's good to put a smile on the faces of people with no hope, constantly struggling and facing the impossible," said Jamal Umboto, aged 6.

England's Heroes Return Home

When the English Soccer Team flew home, they arrived to a rapturous welcome at the airport. Thousands of fans clapped, cheered and waved flags as the team disembarked from the plane.
Fabio Capello, the coach, was smiling as he told the waiting reporters. "I am delighted to be in Scotland and very happy that the plane was diverted to Glasgow Airport".

Police reported that hundreds of England fans tried to climb over the stadium walls at half time... but they were caught and made to stay and watch the second half!

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: July 01, 2010 06:40PM
Posted by: Slash
the Argentinians are already falling in the psychological game, i expect a contact game for the first few minutes, once the Argentinians are full of yellows then the match will start

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2010 06:41PM by Slash.
Date: July 02, 2010 12:17AM
Posted by: Guimengo
Covfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Running scared of Spain then ;)
>
>
>
> Seriously though, for me it's a very borderline
> offside decision.

Offside is offside. I wanted them to win, Portugal has been playing like a small club since Queiroz took over, play very defensively and hope C. Ronaldo can score despite him being alone against a whole defense.
Date: July 02, 2010 02:55AM
Posted by: Covfan
mortal Wrote:
> Soccer jokes.....
>
> How do you know when a planeload of English soccer
> fans arrives? The plane's engines stop, but the
> whining continues.
>
> What's the difference between England and a
> Lipton's Tea Bag? The tea bag stays in the cup
> longer!
>
> I hear Oxo are making a new product. The packaging
> is white with a red cross and they're calling it
> the laughing stock.
>
> Fabio Capello was wheeling his shopping trolley
> across the supermarket car park when he noticed an
> old lady struggling with her bags of shopping. He
> stopped and asked, "Can you manage dear?" To which
> the old lady replied, "No way. You got yourself
> into this mess, don't ask me to sort it out!"
>
> The England soccer team went out to visit an
> orphanage in Cape Town on Saturday morning. "It's
> good to put a smile on the faces of people with no
> hope, constantly struggling and facing the
> impossible," said Jamal Umboto, aged 6.
>
> England's Heroes Return Home
>
> When the English Soccer Team flew home, they
> arrived to a rapturous welcome at the airport.
> Thousands of fans clapped, cheered and waved flags
> as the team disembarked from the plane.
> Fabio Capello, the coach, was smiling as he told
> the waiting reporters. "I am delighted to be in
> Scotland and very happy that the plane was
> diverted to Glasgow Airport".
>
> Police reported that hundreds of England fans
> tried to climb over the stadium walls at half
> time... but they were caught and made to stay and
> watch the second half!

I notice a pattern emerging here....

Guimengo Wrote:
> Covfan Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Running scared of Spain then ;)
> >
> >
> >
> > Seriously though, for me it's a very borderline
> > offside decision.
>
>
> Offside is offside. I wanted them to win, Portugal
> has been playing like a small club since Queiroz
> took over, play very defensively and hope C.
> Ronaldo can score despite him being alone against
> a whole defense.

It's one of those offsides that can be either given or not given in the premiership. It depends if the ref goes with the benefit of the doubt for the attacker or defender.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2010 02:56AM by Covfan.
Date: July 02, 2010 05:39PM
Posted by: Slash
wow.... Robben was driving them crazy on that side
bad mistake, i can see the brazilian press crucifying Melo

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2010 05:40PM by Slash.
Date: July 02, 2010 07:31PM
Posted by: kerleyf1
You're right.... and Dunga too.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE VISIT: Grand Prix Mods Blog
Date: July 02, 2010 08:04PM
Ripping Corpse Wrote:
> .....in the final PORTUGAL X
> BRASIL..............(B)

Good luck with that one....

Totally deserved victory for the Dutch, Brazil really didn't turn up for the second half and Melo completely lost his cool in a moment of madness.
Date: July 02, 2010 08:07PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Slash Wrote:
> the Argentinians are already falling in the
> psychological game, i expect a contact game for
> the first few minutes, once the Argentinians are
> full of yellows then the match will start

Any proof of that?

I saw Maradonna and all player press conference and their was no such indication.

Infact Argentina beat Germany about 1 month before the World Cup started ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2010 08:08PM by jcaranti.
Date: July 02, 2010 09:27PM
Posted by: JohnMaverick
But Germany was always and is again a tournament team. I've hardly seen a good preparation period of them. But at the tournament they were always competitive. It will definitely become an exciting match. And both teams can win...in my opinion these are the two best teams in the tournament so far. But if Germany is able to keep the Argentinian strikers out of the game and offensively plays like in the match against England, I suppose they will win. If not, Argentina has very good chances.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Date: July 02, 2010 11:15PM
Gutted for Ghana, totally don't deserve to go out. Suarez saved Uruguay.
Date: July 02, 2010 11:35PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Viva Uruguay!!.
Very happy because its a south American team.:-)
Date: July 02, 2010 11:36PM
Posted by: Vader
Suarez is a f*cking cheater - he ruined the match, was punished and still the punishment was ineffective. Hamilton at Valencia anyone?

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2010 11:56PM by Vader.
Date: July 02, 2010 11:37PM
Posted by: nvooght
"Suarez saved Uruguay"

By cheating.

Hoping that Holland beat Uruguay in the semi's wouldnt want them to get to the final.

Date: July 02, 2010 11:57PM
Vader Wrote:
> Suarez is a f*cking cheater - he ruined the match,
> was punished and still the punishment was
> infective. Hamilton at Valencia anyone?

Unfortunately the punishment fits the crime, short of awarding Ghana a penalty goal (Which isn't in the rulebook) there's no way of guaranteeing that Uruguay will lose out.
Date: July 03, 2010 12:29AM
Posted by: Vader
Unfortunately, yeah.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: July 03, 2010 12:56AM
Posted by: Paco
salvasirignano Wrote:
...everybody says that brazilians play the beautiful game, but that is only when they are winning comfortably. If they aren't then they stoop to the stereotypical South American dirty play exhibited by nations such as Uruguay and Argentina, which Brazilians like to pretend they are above :).

I'm against sigpics
Date: July 03, 2010 01:15AM
Posted by: salvasirignano
Thanks Paco, I was just about to quote myself! ;)

It's true though, Brazil have always been really dirty when they aren't winning.
Today's game showed another example of that. Michel Bastos should have had a red too.
Date: July 03, 2010 02:38AM
Posted by: Lex
To be honest, Holland should have received a yellow or two for faking fouls. Right before Holland's second goal, for example, #11 (I don't remember his name) jumped in the air and danced like his life depended on it.

Um dois três quatro cinco seis sete oito nove dez
Eins zwei drei vier fünf sechs sieben acht neun zehn
One two three four five six seven eight nine ten
Один два три четыре пять шесть семь восемь девять десять
Date: July 03, 2010 03:08AM
Posted by: Guimengo
The ref was very inconsistent, hopefully for the last time this World Cup. Holland was shameful for quite a long time, especially Robben. Anyway...

Brazil played better the 1st half, Dutch goalie saved them big time with that great save after the great play from Robinho/Kaká. I disliked the ref, quite inconsistent with fouls and cards especially.

Felipe Melo is a ticking bomb, the same way he can do things like the beautiful pass for the 1st goal, he can step on someone. Ramires getting that yellow last match really hurt us today, then Michel Bastos getting that ridiculous yellow too as he was subbed for Gilberto. Then Holland scored on 2 mistakes, funnily enough from the best players in our team: Júlio César, who got tangled up with F. Melo and missed the ball; Juan who gave away that corner when he could have put it to the side; Lúcio who was nowhere near the crossed ball from the corner.

Obviously let's not forget Dunga, the man who made Brazil play like another European team with just a small hint of Brazilian touch, and called up players who aren't good enough to wear that jersey. It sucks to me in one way that Brazil lost in this World Cup but it would not be good for football for such side to win it. It'd be just as bad as Italy in 2006 and 1982, for example.

What bugs me most is that Holland wasn't really superior until near the very end, this World Cup has had some poor matches and has been leveled from below . That said, I want Holland x Spain in the final! I cannot see Uruguay troubling Holland, Spain has to beat Germany (whom I pick to beat Argentina ;)) but if Torres can start playing in this World Cup, they should pull it off.

Edit: Oh, Felipe Melo has said that if he wasn't a football he'd be a fighter, UFC style. Point well taken ;).

Edit 2: It looked to me like Appiah was offside in the play where Ghana got its PK, however I couldn't find a replay. Lack of composure took them out of the WC :(. Uruguay was very cheap vs South Africa, Ghana was very cheap against the US, if only neither side could go on...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2010 03:17AM by Guimengo.
Date: July 03, 2010 09:49AM
Posted by: NickJW
Lex number 11 is Arjen Robben. and now we are going to pown Uruguay. if suaréz is not going to sleep in the 16

PC:

Laptop:

Twitter: MisterShine13
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy