Australia vs Pakistan 2nd Test at SCG

Posted by torana_05 
Australia vs Pakistan 2nd Test at SCG
Date: January 03, 2010 06:21AM
Posted by: torana_05
As i am writting this australia are 7/64, with a few hours of play. whats going on. i knoiw theres grass on the strip but thats a 20/20 game score. Asif and Sami have got all the wickets. we have to go back to 84 in perth when west indies bowled australia out for 76. lowest score against pakistan is 84 in karachi when our good old freind ritchie benaud was in the australian team. how are we going to get out of this

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2010 06:45AM by torana_05.
Re: Australia vs Pakistan 2nd Test at SCG
Date: January 03, 2010 08:11AM
Posted by: casabonka
We can defend 120ish i hope, great effort from johnson!

2013 - Nando must come through..
Date: January 03, 2010 01:46PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Certainly an interesting match! It was a pain to sit in the stands until 2pm, but it was definitely worth the wait. Would have loved to see a hat-trick though, even as an Australian follower. Looking forward to tomorrow!

X (@ed24f1)
Date: January 05, 2010 12:27AM
should be a good game pakistan lead by 200 odd runs. watched the 7pm projest last nite and jesus they were giving ponting a hard time for this match. yes it was a bad decision to bat first but they were acting like its the end of the world. i hate that one bad decision and there all over ponting saying that he has lost it. an interesting fact that dean martin said last nite o the show steve waugh as captain only debuted 7 players while ponting has debuted 27 players.

Date: January 05, 2010 03:55AM
Yeah, I saw that too - very surprising.
What I hate, is if we do win this game, "Oh Ricky, fantastic choice of going in to bat first" The media sucks over here. If we bowled and Pakistan went to stumps on day 1 at 2/380, he would be shot either way!

Date: January 05, 2010 04:29AM
It is certainly an interesting match developing.

I agree that the criticism of the toss was overstated. In the end, Pakistan would have put Australia into bat anyway. More focus needs to be placed on the batsman, who have now regularly failed on pitches that offer a bit for the bowlers (in England, now here). Also, credit where credit's due, Pakistan bowled very well, and not all the wickets were due to the pitch as well.

As I write this, Watson has just got out, so Australia are effectively 3 for 0. They need Clarke and North, who have been a bit out of form, to stand up and get a great score. Also Haddin, who has got good scores when Australia is in front, but fewer when they have their backs to the wall, needs to get some.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: January 06, 2010 07:27AM
Wow, what a result, I dont think many people expected that - especially after Sunday!

Date: January 06, 2010 09:24AM
yer talk about that for a result. i do feel for pakistan 3 or so wins in 3 years and they had a match go through there fingers but they did deserve it from how they put all the fielders out on the boundary at the start of the day. this is an examaple of why test match cricket should not be dumped. 20/20 will be the death of cricket

Date: January 06, 2010 02:17PM
Certainly a fascinating match. I went out again today, and it really was quite an incredible day. Yousuf's captaincy was quite questionable, but the man with the most blame is surely Kamran Akmal who dropped four simple catches. If he caught any of those, Pakistan would probably have won very easily.

I agree with your sentiments torana that I do feel a bit for Pakistan, I must admit. That a team from such an instable country can come to a country such as Australia, almost a polar opposite to Pakistan, and perform well is admirable. I hope they put up a good show in Hobart.

X (@ed24f1)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy