Football Silly Season

Posted by Guimengo 
Football Silly Season
Date: July 22, 2009 09:22PM
Posted by: Guimengo
So before I spam Newcastle's thread I might as well create this one!

Adebayor is the latest forward to join City. They now have enough forwards to supply two teams with starters, subs, and reserves. Eto'o has been a greedy punk and it looks like Inter have made him happy enough with 825k Euros a month so he may go there, as Barça get Ibrahimovic and pay 40 million on top of loaning Hleb.

What do you guys think?
Re: Football Silly Season
Date: July 23, 2009 03:02AM
Posted by: matt3454
What about sven joining notts county?

Date: July 23, 2009 04:09AM
Sven Goran Whocareskson you mean? ;)
That's a move that says "I suck and got lucky for a long time. Now I'm trying to quietly retire."
Date: July 28, 2009 05:42PM
So it's final, Eto'o + 43.25 million Euros for Ibrahimovic (Joan Laporta said the transfer cost 66 million total). Maxwell cost 4.5 million Euro + A. Hleb on loan for a season.

Good deal for Inter as they get a great finisher, a ton of money and an average midfielder ;). Inter seriously needs to invest that money on buying better and more consistent players, good buy 3 younger guys (22-25) with that amount. A defensive mid to replace Zanetti, as Muntari and Motta don't take care of business and Vieira is past his prime - except in the bad fouls and cards department ;). Mancini, Stankovic, Quaresma are all limited players and I really really really hope Inter makes a bid for Renato Augusto! He rejected a move to Man U, Barça and Inter in 2007 so he could mature more but last year Flamengo sold him for 10 million Euro instead of the 15-20 that was being offered before :(.
Date: August 04, 2009 08:54PM
Real Madrid is paying about 30 million pounds for Xabi Alonso. Tsk tsk.
Date: August 04, 2009 09:16PM
Posted by: gav
I'd rather Xabi stayed where he was rather than having the £30m TBH. :P
Date: August 04, 2009 09:28PM
Lucas was supposedly going to be loaned out to Corinthians but now he may stay as a 2nd option for the midfield, I guess.

I'd love to see an investigation on Real Madrid's source of money and their deals, it just can't be right. The Spanish government has handed them hundreds of millions of Euros and I don't doubt there's stuff going on the background but this is ridiculous.

Any team that can land Nistelrooy, Sneijder, Huntelaar or van der Vaart will be probably getting a good deal as Real Madrid is one of the masters in buying for X and selling for 75% of the price they paid.
Date: August 04, 2009 09:33PM
[www.timesonline.co.uk]

Gives you an idea.

It's worse than Man City... and that's saying something considering how things were looking in January!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2009 01:17AM by gav.
Date: August 04, 2009 11:02PM
*whispers* tags... *whispers* :P
Date: August 05, 2009 01:19AM
Yeah, cos you couldn't work the link out at all...

Date: August 05, 2009 01:54AM
I was at work and even though I had time to get the link myself I didn't have time to read :P. I knew that stuff before, I just would love to see a financial statement from Real.
Date: August 06, 2009 07:25PM
Huntelaar for Milan! I remember their Dutch days ;). Good buy too if they paid the reported ~ 10 million Euros! Also, we have Robinho now saying Man City is aiming for greatness, interesting considering they still have a weak midfield and defense if they want to win anything :P. And Real is looking to offload 1 or 2 guys to Atlético Madrid but for that Atlético must sell Forlán or Agüero, don't see that happening with their price tags.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy