Re: Newcastle United
Date: June 24, 2009 01:15PM
Posted by: gav
Covfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If the club he signs for can get him on s "pay as
> you play" deal it might be worth it, but he is
> totally deluded if he thinks a team will equal
> what he was getting paid at Newcastle.

I think even he knows he's not going to get half of what he's on at the moment (unless it's some small club trying to get him by throwing money at him).

I fully accept he's nowhere near as good as he was, but he's still struggling to come back from injury - he's not had a sustained spell of fitness, so hopefully after the summer he'll be able to stretch himself a bit more.

I still think he's the best player in the opposition box playing in the higher divisions in England - stick him in a team who will create a lot of chances* and I still think he'll still score 20 per season... if he can get himself playing regularly. Boyd is the only other striker in Britain that I can think of who's got such an instinct of where to be at the right time.

* of course, he might well have done better at Newcastle if they could have got the ball up to the strikers in the past year and a half. Newcastle... couldn't create chances and couldn't defend - wonderful combination!
Date: June 24, 2009 04:31PM
Posted by: Guimengo
They need that Santiago kid from the movie Goal! ;)
Date: June 25, 2009 11:09PM
Posted by: chet
At Newcastle, the games i watched with him he just missed great chances time after time after time then he'd occasionally do something amazing.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: July 03, 2009 08:13PM
Posted by: Covfan
Guimengo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Man U? :P

Date: July 05, 2009 02:00AM
Haha, I know I couldn't believe it actually happened ;)! I wasn't thinking Man U would go for him like that, I imagine they'll land another big name in the next couple weeks.
Date: July 16, 2009 11:45PM
Its abit of a shame, though he wasnt great at Newcastle all he will do at United is sit on the bench! Or maybe will be revitalized....

Date: July 17, 2009 09:54AM
I'm sure he'll play if he's fit. If he can get 25+ starts he'll score sack loads. He's going to fit in no problem there. With the speed of Man U's attack, his ability to get into the right position and just drop of a defender's shoulder he should be sitting pretty.
Date: July 17, 2009 05:05PM
So will Park be playing on Ronaldo's old position? As the years passed Ronaldo moved further up the field and was basically a wing forward for the past year. I know Man U said they were done with signings but couldn't you see them landing Eto'o if Inter doesn't get him? His contract will run out in not too long and he has said that if he doesn't leave now then he'll leave for free. Barça is trying to sell him for a lot but are getting desperate as his market is narrowing down. Inter's proposal was brilliant, Eto'o + Hleb + E40mi for Ibrahimovic. Inter would probably settle for 20 million Euro instead of 40 but I don't see Barcelona swallowing its pride.

Two more names, Huntelaar and Robben, the latter for when Giggs leaves ;).
Date: July 21, 2009 04:36PM
Hmm, what do people make on Manchester City and their 28 strikers in the team? ;)
The only formation I think to be reasonable for them would be an innovative 2-4-4 :P
Date: August 04, 2009 04:04PM
Posted by: SHEEPY
anyone see the Leyton Orient match i think it was where it finished Leyton Orient 6-1 Newcastle United
Date: August 08, 2009 11:41PM
Posted by: Red Sam
Am I the only person who likes Newcastles new away kit?

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: August 09, 2009 05:04AM
Pretty much , yup ;)
Date: August 09, 2009 10:49AM
I don't dislike it as such, but I still wouldn't be seen dead anywhere near it! As Guy Mowbray said, it does look like a custard cream...

It was a really good game yesterday. End to end pretty much all match. Both teams might as well stick another couple of guys up front, as they're doing nothing at the back. ;)
Date: August 15, 2009 10:27PM
Good result today. Hopefully this is the road back to the premiership! In other news, Cov for promotion? I watched their game last weekend and it was fantastic.

Date: August 18, 2009 10:49AM
Posted by: Enjoi
yeah I like the new Newcastle away kit too! I'm glad they've got coverage of the Football League on BBC, I've been watching the highlights on iPlayer. I'm trying to support Carlisle a bit more with them being my nearest big team...

Ric Scott
Date: August 20, 2009 08:48AM
Posted by: SexySam182
Spurs top of the Premiership! :) Would just like to point that out now as it amy never happen again.

Date: August 21, 2009 09:29PM
Posted by: Enjoi
Quite a contrast to last year! I was annoyed when they sacked Jol and everything that surrounded them getting Ramos so I was glad that it wasn't working out - but I think Redknapp's a great manager and I'm glad he's sorting them out, I like the way he bought Keane and Defoe back..Defoe's on my dream team too so I wouldn't mind him banging a few more hat-tricks in!

Ric Scott
Date: August 23, 2009 04:29PM
Posted by: SexySam182
Another goal from Defoe, and 3 wins from 3. Fantastic!

Date: March 09, 2010 06:16AM
Posted by: Slasher
CURRENT COCA COLA CHAMPIONSHIP STANDINGS

1Newcastle 72
2Nottm Forest 64
3WBA 63
4Swansea City 56
5Leicester City 54
6Cardiff City 52
7Blackpool 50
8Coventry City 49

Guess whos going back to the Premier League next year, and guess WHOS NOT!!!

LOL!!!
Date: March 10, 2010 06:57PM
Posted by: LS.
Up the Mighty Reds!!

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2010 06:57PM by LS..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy