Six Nations 2009\*British and Irish Lions*

Posted by The Lopper 
Re: Six Nations 2009\*British and Irish Lions*
Date: June 28, 2009 03:38PM
Posted by: MrMan
Well, that was rubbish. Started of great, but the danger was always there as Pietersen showed with his try. We just didn't up our game in the second half and inevitably the 'Boks reigned us in.

Stupid penalty to give away by RoG, if he'd actually challenged for the ball the ref would have had no reason to award the penalty. Wasn't his fault that we lost though, the injuries ruined us, losing your two props and two centres in the same match, that'll hurt anyone.

Oh well, let's try and get some pride and actually win next week eh?

Date: June 29, 2009 04:06PM
Posted by: MrMan
Shalk Berger has been banned for eight weeks for gouging, my initial reaction was that it was the right ban. But, apparently the recommended minimum ban for gouging is 12 weeks and still de Villiers defends him. The man is a complete tosser if he thinks it wasn't malicious.

Date: June 30, 2009 11:38AM
Posted by: The Lopper
O'Gara still can't put in the tackles. Paul O'Connell still hasn't performed against a southern hemipshere side. On the whole it's the usual problem, Northern Hemisphere rugby just isn't as physical as Southern Hemisphere rugby.

On the Shalk Berger thing, was listening to some interview from South Africans, sounds like they reckon De Villiers is an idiot and doesn't know what he's doing in the job. Might sound strange for a tema that at the moment sits at the top of the pile, but that's was the view I got from the interviews.
Date: June 30, 2009 06:57PM
Posted by: Team CLR
The Lopper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> On the Shalk Berger thing, was listening to some
> interview from South Africans, sounds like they
> reckon De Villiers is an idiot and doesn't know
> what he's doing in the job. Might sound strange
> for a tema that at the moment sits at the top of
> the pile, but that's was the view I got from the
> interviews.

As a South African (albeit one that doesn't follow rugby THAT much), I can still tell you De Villiers is an idiot, a crybaby and has the media relations skills of an angry wasp's nest. Whenever he is questioned about anything, he immediately goes on the offensive, yet skirts the issue at hand. Lopper, most of the ability of the team has nothing to do with him, it comes from his predecessor Jake White.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2009 06:58PM by Team CLR.
Date: July 02, 2009 02:10PM
Posted by: The Lopper
Seems to exactly the view I got from the interviews on the radio anyways!

I thought the 'Boks would hammer us in the second game, but The Lions surprised me. Dunno what to expect from the third test, with a depleted squad against them and the series already won, you'd expect SA to take it easy, but medoubts that that attitude is present in the SA mindset! ;)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy