Re: Man City
Date: January 21, 2009 07:32PM
Posted by: Guimengo
I wouldn't say so... Barcelona, for example. Doesn't owe half a billion Euros, doesn't have a president being kicked out for cheating/stealing, also has a magnificent structure and stadium, like Real Madrid, and good team chemistry.

Currently I'd even include Manchester United to that, I'd put Milan/Inter here as well but Milan's team is much weaker in real life than on paper and Inter doesn't seem to be that attractive because the team itself has a couple of strong points but just too many players who are only decent.

edit: Real only won so much back in the day because the Spanish government forced Barcelona to let Di Stéfano go to Real Madrid, as Madrid was the center of Spain where the government was located and Barcelona had a separatist feel to it and by forcing Di Stéfano to be at Real Madrid the prestige would go back to the capital. Then 5 dominant years in a row followed...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2009 07:36PM by Guimengo.
Date: January 21, 2009 07:59PM
Posted by: gav
Guimengo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I just read recently the latest rumours of Chelsea
> working a massive trade + $17 million for Robinho
> !
>
>
>
> Edit: I should be more detailed with the rumour,
> it would be 17 mi + Malouda + Kalou/Anelka +
> Alex/Ivanovic. That's way too much in my eyes, but
> getting rid of Anelka/Kalou/Ivanovic could be some
> very good wage relief, I don't agree with sending
> Malouda away though, and Alex has scored a goal
> here and there.

LOL, Man City don't need exchanges for 2nd rate players. If Robinho leaves, then it'll just be a basic transfer unless there was something in it for City. There's no way Anelka would be back at Man City, and I can't see a Malouda or Kalou fitting into a Hughes squad somehow, or even Alex. ;)

I can only see Ivanovic as the only possible there.
Date: January 21, 2009 08:21PM
Like I said, rumours ;). Chelsea wouldn't be dishing out the money because Abramovic lost a lot of money with the financial issues going around the world and is now trying not to be a stupid businessman (when it comes to football) :P
Date: January 21, 2009 08:31PM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
I seriously agree about Man City's defence, Richard Dunne still there.... says it all really ;)

tbh I think Drogba would fit in well at City instead, him and Robinho would whine away quite happily ;) Also even though I'd hate it to happen, I can see Hughes been forced out before long, the owners want a high profile manager, and really Hughes atm isn't.

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2009 08:32PM by Ianwoollam.
Date: January 21, 2009 09:05PM
Bernd Schuster's available...
Date: January 22, 2009 02:48AM
Posted by: sasjag
Man City are going about it all wrong...should take a look at how the new team in the top 4 has done things :P

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: January 22, 2009 11:39AM
They could just buy their manager. ;)
Date: January 22, 2009 05:08PM
They should look for out of favor players, Dida saved a PK the other day and now as a sub seems to be more consistent (unlike his form post WC 2006!). Maybe they could look in Italy for some defenders, I'd say the top 5 are somewhat "inflated" in that position, and if Beckham does stay at Milan it could leave an opening for Pirlo to be sold for an absurd amount of money ;). Chelsea has a midfielders surplus, someone could be brought in. Those don't even have to be purchases, just year loans could do it with an option to buy!
Also, buy Bobby Zamora ;)
Date: January 26, 2009 03:00PM
Posted by: Bruninho
they could just buy the 2008/2009 Vasco da Gama squad if they want so much to be relegated to the 2nd division.

Date: January 26, 2009 10:19PM
That will take them down all the way far beyond Coca-Cola League ;)
Date: January 27, 2009 01:10AM
Guimengo Wrote:
> That will take them down all the way far beyond
> Coca-Cola League ;)

Good! its where they belong :D it was great when they were in Division 1! Then Keegan had to go and bring them back up.... cheers Keegan.

Date: January 27, 2009 08:24PM
Posted by: Daniel Knott
I'd rather them than the cheating scum that are manchester united. They are a disgrace to football. And so are the referees who they buy out week in week out.

H E L L O
Date: January 27, 2009 08:59PM
Awww, someone's resentful :P
Date: January 27, 2009 11:02PM
gui you know sod all about the ins and outs of english football, put a sock in it

H E L L O
Date: January 28, 2009 12:21AM
Let me guess, someone supports Liverpool :D

Seriously though joking aside, I've heard about Benitez's comments a few weeks back and must admit I was a bit confused, yeah United seemed to have their share of decisions going for them, but they seem to have their fair share going against too... Just like every other team. Hell I remember that Arsenal v Stoke match a few months back where Stoke got away with some truly hurrendus stuff! Milner managed to handball a goal and get away with it too for Villa last week, all seems pretty much like English football to me :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2009 12:21AM by Ianwoollam.
Date: January 28, 2009 01:20AM
Actually I support coventry ;) and no, manchester united get all decisions at home and the majority away from home. Not worth arguing though - and i will admit chelsea get the same although not to quite the same extent.

H E L L O
Date: January 28, 2009 03:46AM
Hit a sore spot, didn't I relegated boy? ;)
Date: January 28, 2009 04:24AM
Posted by: sasjag
Ianwoollam Wrote:
> Let me guess, someone supports Liverpool :D
>
> Seriously though joking aside, I've heard about
> Benitez's comments a few weeks back and must admit
> I was a bit confused, yeah United seemed to have
> their share of decisions going for them, but they
> seem to have their fair share going against too...
> Just like every other team. Hell I remember that
> Arsenal v Stoke match a few months back where
> Stoke got away with some truly hurrendus stuff!
> Milner managed to handball a goal and get away
> with it too for Villa last week, all seems pretty
> much like English football to me :)

if the ref didnt allow Milners goal he was gonna have to give a penalty and send the defender off, so i think they got a good deal!

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: January 28, 2009 09:52AM
Ianwoollam Wrote:
> Let me guess, someone supports Liverpool :D
>
> Seriously though joking aside, I've heard about
> Benitez's comments a few weeks back and must admit
> I was a bit confused

I just loved it. He said what many were too scared to say, so I applauded him for that. Whether or not it's right... I seriously doubt refs are being bribed or anything, or favourable to Man U, but Ferguson's been playing mind games with everyone for years, affecting their sub-concious.

Some of the decisions made in the Man U penalty area are truly horrific in the Premiership though. It's less of a problem now, but it was only a couple of seasons ago that Boro had something like 3 stonewall penalties turned down and the Mendes 'goal' which was only 300 yards over the line. They're obviously very good at conning the ref too (any names in particular spring to mind?) and then coupled with the scrummage around the ref when something doesn't go their way.

Rafa wasn't wrong, in my opinion, but it was odd. I loved it, but it's not exactly ideal for our team - I don't think it was a sign of showing the pressure as such, but he essentially gave Man U's motivational teamtalk for the next month or 2.
Date: January 28, 2009 09:52AM
sasjag Wrote:
> if the ref didnt allow Milners goal he was gonna
> have to give a penalty and send the defender off,
> so i think they got a good deal!

Ah yeah I remember O'Neill mentioning something about that after the match, fair enough :) Back on topic -

Robinho held over 'sex assault'

Manchester City forward Robinho has been arrested by police investigating an allegation of sexual assault.
The Brazilian international, 25, met police as part of a "criminal investigation" into the alleged attack at a nightclub in Leeds.
Robinho "strenuously denied any allegation of wrongdoing" and had been released on bail, his spokesman said.
West Yorkshire Police said a man had been arrested on Tuesday in connection with an alleged incident on 14 January.
Robinho's spokesman, Chris Nathaniel, said: "[Robinho] strenuously denies any allegation of wrongdoing or criminality and is happy to co-operate with the police if further required."
Robinho, whose full name is Robson de Souza, joined Manchester City from Spanish giants Real Madrid in September for £32.5m, making him Britain's most expensive player.
He has since scored 12 goals for his new club and become a favourite of City fans.
Chelsea had been favourites to land the Brazilian before City stepped in to hijack the deal on transfer deadline day last summer.
Just days later, Robinho scored in his debut game for City against Chelsea, although the Londoners ended the match with a 3-1 victory.

Source - [news.bbc.co.uk]

Robinho's return from his strop in Brazil really ain't going well!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2009 09:54AM by Ianwoollam.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy