Man City

Posted by Covfan 
Re: Man City
Date: February 24, 2009 02:23PM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
Evans is Northern Irish :)

There is Welbeck, but in something like 14 years (Since Beckham, Scholes, Neville etc came through) I can't think of any other decent English players that have come through the Academy from ground up. Which is a shame, Chelsea have hardly any English youngsters coming through, Arsenal have a few which look promising, not sure about Liverpool. Its making England's National teams future rely on the smaller clubs to keep them going :(

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2009 02:31PM by Ianwoollam.
Date: February 24, 2009 03:41PM
Posted by: gav
Ianwoollam Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Evans is Northern Irish :)

Oh yeah! :D

Liverpool have no-one worth talking about. Chelsea have Mancienne if he counts (he's hardly a kid any more) but no-one else springs to mind.

Arsenal have some stunning youngsters coming up though. Wilshere is going to be pure class - probably the best English player since Gerrard was a youngster (though I doubt he'll quite reach that level). Gibbs, Randall, Gavin Hoyte, Gilbert, Lansbury and Simpson could all be regular first-teamers in the premiership in a few years. As for the non-English, Vela has already emerged (and will be a star) and Ramsey won't exactly be a bad player (though maybe not a regular first-team player at Arsenal) and Nordtveit could be decent. Their current first-team isn't exactly littered with pensioners either.
Date: February 24, 2009 04:57PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Arsenal has a lot of young players on the 1st team's list, that will pay out in at most 3 years I'd say, the fans only have to be patient (which is tough, my team's fans and directors are quite impatient and not the best!) and they'll enjoy some fruitful times.

As far as I know Chelsea is always looking into kids playing elsewhere, like Milan/Roma/Arsenal/Barça, to be bought out already as a kid and brought over with their parents with some sort of job nearby and everything else paid for so the kids stay with the club and eventually sign a contract when they're 16. I can't deny that is bringing them through the ranks in a way but we completely miss the actual team that has given them their first chance.

A little trivia... Flamengo has created many great players but also denied many others. There was once a certain boy who couldn't go practice because he couldn't afford the 2 buses he had to take both ways to get to the training place and Flamengo refused to pay. He then went to a small club who said they'd pay. Shortly after his pass was bought by 2 agents who took him to Cruzeiro when he was 16, and by 17 that kid was transferred to Holland and 4 years later was the first to win the FIFA Player of the Year award two years in a row. How does someone explain letting Ronaldo get away for what cost about 15 pounds a month in transportation?
Date: February 24, 2009 06:36PM
Posted by: LS.
Guimengo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I still think Man U should use Anderson as a
> Giggs replacement in the near future, he's an
> offensive mid.

Anderson is a busted flush and hasnt lived upto the expectations required at United and needs to go, he thinks he's a big shot but lacks the talent in the Premier League, Nani was the same but has put in some good performances this season and i'm thinking he could improve alot more :)

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: February 24, 2009 06:51PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Anderson isn't a star or anything for me but the position he played where he showed promise was left winger, at Grêmio when he was 17. Porto signed him for that and Man U too but Alex Ferguson put him playing basically as a defensive mid (sort of like Pirlo) a few times. He has some talent and dribbling ability but I don't know what can come out of him as a DM, and as offensive mid he doesn't have the ability to play for the national team unless other people are injured, but at least he has some versatility I guess.

I don't like Nani or Quaresma, both overhyped and Quaresma was another Inter overhyped player signing that didn't work, Moratti should keep his wallet more tightly closed!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy