Group A Touring Cars

Posted by torana_05 
Group A Touring Cars
Date: August 10, 2008 11:12AM
Posted by: torana_05
Does anyone wish for the old Group A Touring Car days to be revived i know In Australia they are starting something up like the biante series but why isnt it revived. All cars on an even playing field within their classes. I keep hearing that group a died because of politics, what politics are they talking about. Is it that the teams were cheating, ala 1987 wtcc round 1 when all the top 6 winning works bmws were DQ with firbre glass panels and bonnets being the commodore which actually finish 7th and to claim victory. i dont know much about the current wtcc but it seems to me on the games that competition is dwindling and also read in auto action BMW are threatning to withdraw. if they really want wtcc to be WORLD TORING CAR CHAMPIONSHIP shouldnt they go back to group a rules. Any info would be great as i am interested to know, because it was great m3 vs rs500 vs commodore vs mercedes vs skyline.

Re: Group A Touring Cars
Date: August 10, 2008 07:07PM
Posted by: sasjag
Holy Punctuation Batman! :\

group A died because it was too succesful, the FIA (or whatever it was back then) were scared it would take money away from F1

World Touring Cars will always be WTCC no matter what the ules, as long as they're based on production models

also, wikipedia is your friend

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Re: Group A Touring Cars
Date: August 12, 2008 08:36AM
Posted by: torana_05
i didn't think the puntuaction was that bad. yer i checked wiki but doesn't have that much info, thats why i posted.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy