need some tips - fifa 08

Posted by alexa_alexa 
need some tips - fifa 08
Date: April 03, 2008 10:00PM
Posted by: alexa_alexa
Im quite new to football games and I have been playing fifa 08 for a few hours and need some tips. Im finding the game difficult and keep loosing matches I shouldn't. I have it on amature with all the different options, such as crosing, on assist.

I find it very difficult to get passed defenders 1 on 1 and the only way I ever get anywhere is by passing all the time.

This has been an excellent week for HoopleDoople.com. With the addition of Troxed and bunnyXablaze things have started to heat up. Gamer Girl Britini Martini has teamed up with Hoople Doople to bring you exclusive photo shoots, interviews, blog postings, and will be live on cam at launch!
Re: need some tips - fifa 08
Date: April 04, 2008 05:22AM
Posted by: Guimengo
This is the wrong forum, should have been under Other Games. Anyway, the dribbling system doesn't work as well in a match as it does in the loading screen mess around with the goalie. I'd suggest you hold the finesse button and do "cuts" with the player, quickly switching directions and just sprinting past the defender (works better if you're almost standing still when you start the move).
Date: April 04, 2008 07:35AM
Posted by: casabonka
I find passing is the best way to go. I struggled a bit at first, but now after 4 full seasons! haha, Its getting easier the more u play, as mentioned above, just play around and it'll come to you
Date: April 04, 2008 09:51AM
I haven't played FIFA 08 enough since I don't own it, I played over at a friend's house and he has it for the XBox 360, but if you have the option to speed up the game do so, it will help a lot.
Date: April 04, 2008 06:23PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
if its anything like fifa 06 (and most games to be honest) the lofted-through ball is the way forward.

if its on the pc (and if the controls are the same), [press Q to toggle ur strikers to make a run] then 'q+w' flicks the ball over the heads of the defenders for the striker to run on to.
Date: April 05, 2008 07:49PM
Posted by: SexySam182
Buy Pro Evo

Date: April 06, 2008 03:11PM
next gen Pro Evolution sucks. For that matter, there are no good next gen footy games
Date: April 10, 2008 05:45PM
Posted by: Robert
Guimengo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> next gen Pro Evolution sucks. For that matter,
> there are no good next gen footy games

I think fifa 08 is good for ng, but pro evo is rubbish.

Batracer - the online racing manager game - join here :) [batracer.com]
Date: May 14, 2008 07:26PM
Posted by: SHEEPY
Football is a TEAM Game :P theres no I in TEAM but theres an I in PIE
Date: May 14, 2008 11:04PM
Posted by: gav
There's also an I in DIE. Funny that.

Thank @#$%& I loaded this 35 day old thread for that post. I can now tick that off in my list of to-dos before I die.
Date: May 15, 2008 03:51AM
Sheepy, there is I in team, in Portuguese and many other languages :P
Date: May 18, 2008 12:59PM
Posted by: Nickv
Guimengo schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> next gen Pro Evolution sucks. For that matter,
> there are no good next gen footy games

Obviously. How can a game about a sucky sport possibly be good?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy