So England are out...

Posted by SexySam182 
Re: So England are out...
Date: March 05, 2008 01:02AM
Posted by: Enjoi
lol :P

Yeah Gav, I used to watch Football Italia with James Richardson (well...on my own...but he was presenting it :P).

Do they have live games on Five, Imran?

Ric Scott
Date: March 05, 2008 10:36AM
Posted by: gav
I thought it was on Bravo or something? Is it Five too?
Date: March 05, 2008 01:34PM
Posted by: sasjag
gav Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Twice
> in the last 3 years we've had a team in the
> Champions League final (and it being the 4th best
> team in the UK).

we've had a team in the final for the past 3 years now!

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: March 05, 2008 07:01PM
Oh yeah.... :D
Date: March 05, 2008 07:18PM
Posted by: Guimengo
The way things are looking, I could see Man Utd making it to the final again. We shall see if Real Madrid can truly play without having Robinho do most of the work. Oh, and since Inter is out I shall be cheering for Fenerbahçe (because of Zico!).
Date: March 05, 2008 07:37PM
Posted by: Imran
"Do they have live games on Five, Imran?"

Yes they do, but I think they only have one a week on sunday afternoon, tends to focus on Inter/Roma/AC/Juventus matches only. But they do show highlights of all the other matches.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: March 05, 2008 08:16PM
Guimengo Wrote:
> Oh, and since Inter is out I shall be cheering for Fenerbahçe (because of Zico!).

Hang on, They're only 2 down. Liverpool know first hand that you can score 3 goals in 10 minutes against even the best of teams in this competition!
Date: March 05, 2008 09:02PM
But Inter's firepower is streaky. Materazzi got sent off and Ibrahimovic was left isolated, when neither Julio Cruz nor Crespo can create anything coming from behind. I don't know about Burdisso, Cordoba or whatever defense line-up Mancini will try pulling. If anything, I'd go with Júlio César; Maicon, those 2 defenders, Maxwell; Zanetti, Cambiasso (both playing D mid), Stankovic (ugh, maybe another argentinian here since Dejan has been too limited); Suazo, Ibrahimovic, Cruz. Putting 3 forwards should be Inter's hope, Suazo and Ibra can come from behind quite well, especially Ibra handling the ball and Suazo zooming by, and Cruz is a good player inside the box. Inter's line-up changes a lot, I see Liverpool always with a more consistent team, especially at the back. Without Figo in that middle I don't know, Inter doesn't stand a chance as they are quite limited, they're only leading Serie A because they just seem to get on a hot streak and impose their game, not play like sissies the way they were doing for 90% of the first half against Liverpool, and the level of their game is generally much better.

Anyway, Vieira better actually play, not just move around the field late for challenges and playing like a nervous 15 year old.
Date: March 05, 2008 10:09PM
Have you seen anything of the Premiership recently? Liverpool have been absolutely dire. The only game they've played well in was that Inter game, and 2/3 of that was against 10 men.

Don't get me wrong, Liverpool are a very good cup team, but Inter are more than capable of scoring 3 against them.
Date: March 05, 2008 10:35PM
Guimengo Wrote:
> We shall see if Real Madrid can truly play without having Robinho do
> most of the work.

Not for long we won't. :P
Date: March 06, 2008 04:06AM
gav Wrote:
> Guimengo Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > We shall see if Real Madrid can truly play
> without having Robinho do
> > most of the work.
>
> Not for long we won't. :P

Curiosity lasted roughly 90 minutes ;)
Date: March 09, 2008 12:53PM
Posted by: Rod_vs
"Personally I always enjoyed watching Football Italia (no prizes for guessing what that was) when it was on one of our terrestrial channels a good 5 year back. Not so much of a fan now."

I like European soccer, too... but I disagree to people who said that Premier League is the best championship!!! Never!!!

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
Date: March 09, 2008 08:19PM
It's quite competitive and it's more physical than many leagues, so that's why some people say that. I much rather watch the Spanish league, and Italian so I can follow Inter, but I don't really watch many teams because it's more of a physical game than finesse, like the EPL. The EPL had the biggest TV deal of all though, I think.
Date: March 11, 2008 03:39PM
Posted by: turkey_machine
gav Wrote:
> Have you seen anything of the Premiership
> recently? Liverpool have been absolutely dire. The
> only game they've played well in was that Inter
> game, and 2/3 of that was against 10 men.
>
> Don't get me wrong, Liverpool are a very good cup
> team, but Inter are more than capable of scoring 3
> against them.

So are Arsenal, if memory serves they put 5 past Inter, at the San Siro no less. Inter are patchy at best in this competition. They haven't had the same level of success that their Milan rivals have. They'll be lucky to progress tonight. However, their domination of Serie A is testiment to not only concentrating on what matters, but also how the other big teams have fallen over a bit this season.

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: March 12, 2008 12:22AM
So Inter is out :(. The ref should have given Babel the red in the 1st half for the hand ball, as he had a yellow already, could have been a totally different match! I was actually thinking Chivu would get a red because he already hit Kuyt in an unfair manner and the way he plays it's always expected, but it was actually a damn Argentinian that got the red to crush Inter's chances... good job Burdisso (Y). Now we got 4 British teams o_O , never seen so many Brits go that far.
Date: March 12, 2008 10:01AM
Hardly a fair match given they played half the round with 10 men, but no complaints here!

Not wanting to come across as a poor winner, but Maicon is the worst cheat I've seen in a long, long time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2008 10:01AM by gav.
Date: March 12, 2008 04:57PM
I haven't seen the 2nd half as I had to leave but I saw the highlights so I can't say anything on that. What happened?
Date: March 12, 2008 05:29PM
Continual diving and feigning injury. I don't mean he got tackled and rolled around a bit, I mean he dived, rolled around like he'd been in the balls, then got up and sprinted into the box (not limped, sprinted). Lots. I'm not exaggerating.
Date: March 12, 2008 05:56PM
Hahahaha. Maicon has talent, he can be a solid and consistent right wingback for Brazil but he should stick to playing because he knows how to, I've seen him do some of those things before but I guess he's learning more than just calcio in Italy... especially with master fakers like the Argentinians, and Inter has far too many of them ;)
Date: March 12, 2008 09:06PM
Posted by: Slash
Rod_vs Wrote:
> "Personally I always enjoyed watching Football
> Italia (no prizes for guessing what that was) when
> it was on one of our terrestrial channels a good 5
> year back. Not so much of a fan now."
>
> I like European soccer, too... but I disagree to
> people who said that Premier League is the best
> championship!!! Never!!!

4 English teams in the UEFA quarter finals... you my friend are WRONG!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy