Platini - Hates England, Germany, Spain and Italy

Posted by Gaulty 
Platini - Hates England, Germany, Spain and Italy
Date: November 13, 2007 09:13PM
Posted by: Gaulty
New UEFA boss Michel Platini has been annoying me of late. With his obvious hate for England and other major european football countries. Today reading on BBC, he is saying that, England don't deserve to host the 2018 world cup. Also, he wanted to abolish the structure of the Champions League. Put cup winners into it. What is the sense of that. In England, the top 4 teams have won the FA Cup for quite a while, since 97 I think. Putting smaller clubs into it like Crvena Zvedza and teams like that, its not as if they are going to thrash the Liverpool's and Milan's of the world. They probably won't even get into the second round. I personally think Platini is the worst UEFA boss in a long time. He has never shown delight towards England.

Team Owner of ItalianEnglish Dynamics in GPG Super League
GP4 Season 5: 7) Jethro Walters. 8) Zsigmond Somogyi. TD) Stuart Ingers and Joel Henrique
GP3 Season 5: 14) Nathan Turner. 15) Tobias Kederer.
6 Time Race Winners
Re: Platini - Hates England, Germany, Spain and Italy
Date: November 13, 2007 10:24PM
Posted by: sasjag
i comlpetely agree, Platini has been anti-england for a long time, and some of his suggestions are stupid. he also wants to reduce teh number of clubs from each country in teh champions league, and make all top flights have a maximum of 18teams

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: November 14, 2007 06:56AM
Posted by: St.Hubbins
Gaulty Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Putting smaller clubs into it like Crvena Zvedza
> and teams like that, its not as if they are going
> to thrash the Liverpool's and Milan's of the
> world. They probably won't even get into the
> second round.

So you would rather have the same old clubs in there every year; the rich getting richer and the gap to the rest increasing for ever infinitum?

If I had my way then the Champions League would be renamed The European Champions Cup, and would be an unseeded knock-out tournament played between the champions of each UEFA affiliated country, and only the champions. Cup Winners could go into a similarly formatted competition, perhaps called The European Cup Winners Cup. Oh, and a couple of clubs that aren't good enough to win the league or cup can play in the UEFA Cup.

With that said Platini is a jerk. Great player though.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F.Scott Fitzgerald
Date: November 14, 2007 12:28PM
Posted by: Covfan
Don't worry, as long as the G14 are in place, any attempt to make things fairer will fail.
Date: November 14, 2007 02:04PM
Posted by: gary42
Crvena Zvedza a small team? They won the European Cup in 1991, and have won 5 out of their last 8 national championships, as well as 19 Yugoslave titles until the country split in 1992. So while maybe not at the level of skill as the big teams, they've got far more European heritage than Chelsea and Arsenal.

I agree with Hubbins though, they should just reorganise European football the way it used to be - the reason that the top 4 have won every FA Cup since 1995 is mainly due to the Champion's League money ensuring the likes of Everton and Spurs (who in the early 90's were able to compete for cup wins) don't have a chance.

Date: November 14, 2007 10:38PM
Posted by: sasjag
i will saythe most annoying thing was allowing russia v england to be plaed on artificialturf, yet insisting the same stadium lays turf for the ecc final

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: March 03, 2008 05:15AM
Posted by: Rod_vs
Platini is a loser!!!

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy