they're here! (NFL thread, Possible Spoilers)

Posted by sasjag 
they're here! (NFL thread, Possible Spoilers)
Date: October 08, 2007 04:23PM
Posted by: sasjag
at last!

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2007 11:23PM by sasjag.
Re: they're here!
Date: October 09, 2007 04:00PM
Posted by: Covfan
Damn, you've blanked out the seat numbers? *Puts sniper rifle away*
Date: October 09, 2007 06:03PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Haha, I knew it was NFL!

And major laugh @ Mark, hahaha. Enjoy the NY Giants, Sim! Eli Manning has really come out very well and Shockey only needs the ball thrown to him to crush people.
Date: October 09, 2007 06:14PM
lol Mark :P

dont worry Gui, i will:P the way both teams are playing it could be a Giants blowout!

Sim

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: October 09, 2007 07:26PM
Posted by: turkey_machine
Wembley might have something to say about NFL trashing their precious footy pitch! ;)

But good score on them tickets. Should be a good match. If you can actually follow NFL, that is (I watched some this weekend, Detroit vs Washington, and couldn't for the life of me figure out what was going on!)

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2007 02:41PM by turkey_machine.
Date: October 10, 2007 03:24PM
easiest game in the world to follow!

i will however moan about Wembley/Governemt at this stage. Wembley is a no-car zone on match days, and is only accessible by public transport. of course, the government think that everyone lives in or around London, and fail to think about teh rest of us.

so my choices were:

train: a 5hour train journey there. the first train after the match leaves at 23:10, which gets to Birmingham at 1:30. i then have to wait 5hours for teh next train to Preston...all at the low low cost of £120 for two people (And thats with 1/3 off for rail cards!)

bus: 6.5hour bus journey each way. £60 return for 2 of us. not bad, but again inconvinient

Car: 230miles there and back, cheaper than both teh above options in petrol. of course, teh nearest car park to wembley is 20miles away!

looks liek car + short tube ride for me

Sim

Date: October 11, 2007 12:09AM
Posted by: Muks_C
at least you have the bonus of visiting Preston again :)

where do you actually live?

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: October 11, 2007 01:02AM
...Preston! :P my g/f is just starting her final year so i'm slumming it up here until i either find a decent job somewhere, or the time comes to do a masters :P

of course, i'm also looking for a job here!

Sim

Date: October 11, 2007 02:36PM
are you still living in studenty areas or have you moved into the normal residential areas? I live in Ribbleton, just behind Deepdale Retail Park (the shopping bit with Aldi, McDonalds, WHSmith, Pizza Hut, Borders, JJB, Toys R Us etc.).

Date: October 12, 2007 12:09AM
i've lived in ashton on ribble, near teh docks for just over 2yrs now :)

Sim

Date: October 12, 2007 01:10PM
cool, near Morrisons or more towards Blackpool Road?

Date: October 12, 2007 03:22PM
more towards blackpool road

Sim

Date: October 13, 2007 06:52PM
Posted by: Hologide
Ahhh got my tickets too!!

Can't wait! :D
Date: October 13, 2007 11:39PM
Posted by: brunoboi
why would they bother holding an american football game, with two american footall teams in Britain? very strange...

Date: October 14, 2007 12:07AM
because theres huge support over here for the game, and they are expanding teh sports profile globally

Sim

Date: October 14, 2007 06:20PM
Posted by: peekay
@Brunoboi
they're planning to get international so they're testing the market with that game.
the NFL recently stated that in about 2 years they want to have a NFL Franchise in London, one in Mexico and one somewhere in canada which is the actual reason they abandoned NFL Europa (formerly known as NFL EUROPE) ;-)

@sasjag and Hologide
i'm so jealous ;) i love american football but couldn't afford it to get the tickets, flight and all that...if they really establish a franchise in London i doubt i'll live in germany much longer ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2007 06:20PM by peekay.
Date: October 14, 2007 06:53PM
i couldnt afford it either, but my girlfriend kindly bought them for me as a present, shes a star :P (and a bengals fan, but i'm letting that slide for now)

Sim

Date: October 14, 2007 10:23PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Hahaha, but the Bengals have a very good QB and a cocky but good WR nonetheless
Date: October 14, 2007 10:45PM
Posted by: peekay
Yup but their D# is extremely poor and they have loads of character issues on their team right now ;-)
won't do much this year!

just got beaten by the chiefs btw ;)
Date: October 15, 2007 03:21AM
Gui, i agree, but she likes the uniforms coz "they look liek tigers!"

Sim

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy