Mourinho's the first to bite the dust

Posted by turkey_machine 
Mourinho's the first to bite the dust
Date: September 20, 2007 01:53PM
Posted by: turkey_machine
Figuratively speaking! ;)

I'm sure at least one of the bookies has a bet on who'll be the first Premiership manager to leave their club. Who'd have thought "The Chosen One" would be it?

Means Chelsea won't win the title this year. :)

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Re: Mourinho's the first to bite the dust
Date: September 20, 2007 08:02PM
Posted by: Guimengo
He'll leave $35mi richer after his contract settlement
Date: September 21, 2007 12:27AM
Posted by: Muks_C
not that i give a turd about him or his team, but what was the correct pronunciation of his first name? being spelt "Jose", was it supposed to be "Jo-zay"? or was it "Ho-zay"? does the "J" turn into a "H" like it does for "Juan"?

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: September 21, 2007 12:36AM
Posted by: gary42
No, it stays as a J because he's Portugese rather than Spanish

Date: September 21, 2007 01:24AM
Posted by: Muks_C
cool, i thought it might be something like that but wasn't sure, and it annoyed me everytime newsreaders called him "Jo-zay", but i was wrong it turns out :)

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: September 21, 2007 02:31AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
to point out the obvious..its a bad move. Interesting how it came about. Obviously Abramovich doesn't get on well with Mourinho and after all it is him with the money, but the sooner he realises that he knows f**k all about football and that people are allowed to talk back to him when they are right (see Mourinho about Shevckenko/Ballack and co) then the sooner Chelsea will start dominating. You have to question what Abrahamovic really wants out of all this really. You'd expect that all he wants is to win the champions league and all the competitions Chelesea are entered in, but given the way he wants to have a say in everything and disturb the way in which mourinho (love him or hate him, hes @#$%& good) runs the team. BBC inferred that Abraamovic purely wants to play "attractive" football and collect the players who he enjoys watching. Given recent events i'm starting to think this is actually what hes in it for.

One thing that is clear is that Chelsea, sorry, Abramovic, wants Gus Hiddink as the next coach. He's the most succesful manager around and has been living in Moscow so can discuss Russia with Roman over a few cocktails. Interestingly Hiddink will only become Chelsea coach in the near future if England knock Russia out of the Euro competition, otherwise it will take a lot of money and a lot of diplomacy with the Russians to get him out of the contract. oh...wait.....

My tip is for Mourinho to take over inter
Date: September 21, 2007 02:27PM
Posted by: LS.
Wonder if Bernie and Flav will get him to manage QPR?

Abramovich thinks by buying glitzy players that will equate to success, doesnt work like that roman!

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: September 22, 2007 12:29AM
I'd love for Mourinho to take over Inter... I'd take almost anything over Mancini. I still want to see how the whole Felipão thing will work with Portugal, I don't think he'll be sacked
Date: September 22, 2007 03:25AM
the thing i quite like about managers like ferguson and mourinho is that they dont think they're great managers just because they were great players. Certainly being a great player helps as a manager, but is it not like a great artist taking over an art-workshop and trying to make other artists as great as they once were? instead, with people like mourinho and ferguson, who have spent more of their lives concentrating on managing, the essence of being a manager and understanding the tactics and skills it needs to be one, they are more like art teachers and they know how to get a group of artists to work together and to improve them, both as a unit and individually

sort of

obviously there are exceptions, but i would not put any money on Mancini's inter winning again this year, i think it was just their time to win it last year. And besides, i'm no great fan of adriano, dont know why...just dont see him as great as he is often made out to be.
Date: September 22, 2007 07:31AM
I'd love to have Zico coach Inter :p
Adriano is good... he'll sort out his head eventually. He's a very emotionally driven player, if his heart's on it you can't stop him.

Clip of his time at Flamengo (16-18 years old)

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

If you see a lefty who's very quick and skilled, that's Athirson. He messed up his career in 2001 when he signed an illegal contract with Juventus, never played well after that year.
Date: September 22, 2007 03:33PM
Posted by: sasjag
ChrisB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> One thing that is clear is that Chelsea, sorry,
> Abramovic, wants Gus Hiddink as the next coach.
> He's the most succesful manager around and has
> been living in Moscow so can discuss Russia with
> Roman over a few cocktails. Interestingly Hiddink
> will only become Chelsea coach in the near future
> if England knock Russia out of the Euro
> competition, otherwise it will take a lot of money
> and a lot of diplomacy with the Russians to get
> him out of the contract. oh...wait.....

i've heard (on numerous occassions) that Abromavich pays Hiddinks wages for teh Russian FA, and teh fact that Grant can only manage for 12 weeks (unless he's granted a licence exemption) adds a lot of weight to this

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: September 23, 2007 04:27PM
Posted by: Gaulty
To be honest, I thought my team's boss, Martin Jol will go. Levy's looking to get rid of him.

I liked Mourinho, funny guy. This coming from a Spurs fan to.

Team Owner of ItalianEnglish Dynamics in GPG Super League
GP4 Season 5: 7) Jethro Walters. 8) Zsigmond Somogyi. TD) Stuart Ingers and Joel Henrique
GP3 Season 5: 14) Nathan Turner. 15) Tobias Kederer.
6 Time Race Winners
Date: September 23, 2007 07:48PM
Yeah i enjoyed mourinho's character. its the same old - when he was there, everyone thought he was a cunt, and when he leaves everyone gets all nostalgic. When people you love to hate leave, then you're left with a big gap... even ferguson said english football would miss him!
Date: September 27, 2007 06:36PM
Posted by: Forgotten
Muks_C Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> not that i give a turd about him or his team, but
> what was the correct pronunciation of his first
> name? being spelt "Jose", was it supposed to be
> "Jo-zay"? or was it "Ho-zay"? does the "J" turn
> into a "H" like it does for "Juan"?

it's " Joo-zeh Moh-riño" lol

sorry edited, had the wrong quote twice !!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2007 06:38PM by Forgotten.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy