Rugby World Cup

Posted by gareth 
Re: Rugby World Cup
Date: October 08, 2007 09:00AM
Posted by: gareth
Well if I was a Kiwi I'd be really, really p*ssed off with that one. Bad luck with injuries and some very dodgy decisions going against you.

At least you guys could find some justifiable excuses for losing, but us Aussies have nothing. Outsmarted, outmuscled and outplayed. I would have preferred for Enlgand to actually put a try or two on, they were that dominant they should have. For Mortlock to miss a kick that would have snatched victory makes it even harder to take. Oh well, it's just four more years.

Well done to the victors, and us losers can sit quietly and stew with our sour grapes....

Go Argentina!!!!
Date: October 13, 2007 10:54PM
Posted by: Gaulty
Yeees. The world champions are back. Fantastic victory. Wilkinson was poor but the drop kick to 14-9 clinched it. Nervous at the end, but I couldn't be happier. Au Revior France.

Team Owner of ItalianEnglish Dynamics in GPG Super League
GP4 Season 5: 7) Jethro Walters. 8) Zsigmond Somogyi. TD) Stuart Ingers and Joel Henrique
GP3 Season 5: 14) Nathan Turner. 15) Tobias Kederer.
6 Time Race Winners
Date: October 13, 2007 11:05PM
Posted by: SexySam182
Have it!!!

Date: October 13, 2007 11:14PM
Posted by: bazza_racer
woohoo were're going to the final baby!!!!????? anyone for a cheeky weekend in paris lol

"Racing is LIFE. Anything before or after is just waiting"
Steve McQueen.
Date: October 13, 2007 11:36PM
Posted by: brunoboi
yay and I'm in France next week! GET IN!!! British Bulldogs Bite Back!

Date: October 15, 2007 08:53AM
Well now it really it is about which team I hate less...;)

For the sake of running rugby, I really hope the Boks win on the weekend. England has really made opposing teams lose it rather than go out and win it themselves. Good on them, but I really hope that positive rugby wins out over negative tactics and Jonny's boot. Either way lets hope it's more of a contest than the pool game!

And well done Argies and the Fijians- outdid all expectations and deserved to get where the ended up. That Wales - Fiji match was possibly the best game I've ever watched!

Encouragement awards to Portugal, Tonga, Samoa and Georgia for punching above their weights and performing admirably.

The mediocrity awards for acheiving about what they deserved go to the Wallabies, Scots, Romania, Canada, Japan, Namibia and the USA.

Boo to the Scots, Welsh, Italians & Irish who barely put up a fight. Aside from that magic Shane Williams try they really didn't have much to show for themselves.

And the choke award....of course to the AllBlacks!!!! Undeserved, but it's all us Aussies have to cling to!
Date: October 20, 2007 11:03PM
Posted by: Gaulty
South Africa - Awful
England - Awful
The Match - Awful
The referee - Awful
The Television Match Official - Awful x2

Disappointing match. But we should of had that try. We were robbed.

Team Owner of ItalianEnglish Dynamics in GPG Super League
GP4 Season 5: 7) Jethro Walters. 8) Zsigmond Somogyi. TD) Stuart Ingers and Joel Henrique
GP3 Season 5: 14) Nathan Turner. 15) Tobias Kederer.
6 Time Race Winners
Date: October 21, 2007 10:00AM
Posted by: Mr_Fossy
Thought it was a try watching it live, looked pretty clearly out on the replay and the result was by more than 7 anyway.
Date: October 21, 2007 12:06PM
Posted by: Covfan
It was a really difficult decision, every replay had me changing my mind and I have no doubt if England had got the decision their way that they would have gone on to win the game.
Date: October 21, 2007 10:42PM
Posted by: Muks_C
i know nothing about rugby and didn't even see 1 second of the match while it was on. only today I saw the replay on the news of the touchdown thingy and it definitely looked like his leg was out of the line before his balls touched the ground in the endzone = no goal.

but it won't stop me saying "we was robbed!" and that the referee was a biased b@stard.

as good a linebacker he is, even Jimmy Wilkinson couldn't save us with is trademark touchdowns.

(who did we play again?)

:)

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2007 10:46PM by Muks_C.
Date: October 21, 2007 11:21PM
Posted by: sasjag
Muks_C Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i know nothing about rugby and didn't even see 1
> second of the match while it was on. only today I
> saw the replay on the news of the touchdown thingy
> and it definitely looked like his leg was out of
> the line before his balls touched the ground in
> the endzone
= no goal.
>
> but it won't stop me saying "we was robbed!" and
> that the referee was a biased b@stard.
>
> as good a linebacker he is, even Jimmy Wilkinson
> couldn't save us with is trademark touchdowns.
>
> (who did we play again?)
>
> :)

sounds painful :)

i watched it, had no idea what was going on, thought id picked up, then sommet odd would happen. good game i think?

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: October 22, 2007 02:59AM
Posted by: Paco
Argentina kicked some French butts... twice! how cool is that! :D

I'm against sigpics
Date: October 22, 2007 03:09AM
Terrible game- good for drama and intensity but as far as rugby goes.....pretty woeful. Two teams trying their very very best not to lose, rather than trying to win it.

The (no) try was 50-50, to the letter of the law I reckon Cueto's toe brushed one blade of grass with chalk on it so therefore he's out, but I don't know if you could be sure and any benefit of the doubt goes to the attacking team. It'll be pub argument fodder for a long time I think!

Well done to the Boks and to the Poms for making it to the final, they both deserved to be there, and well done to the Boks for winning it.

[rant] What is with kids appearing everywhere at the conclusion of the RWC? As soon as England won in '03, every bloody player seemed to miraculously sprout about 8 toddlers each to a man who all were clinging to Daddy or sitting on Daddy's shoulders as they collected their medals. And last night, the French got some little kid who started bawling his eyes out and was useless and some glum faced kid in Springboks scarf to take the trophy out to the middle. WHY?????

Forget the lack of tries and the complexity of the laws of rugby particularly at the break down, kids appearing at the conclusion of games is the singlest biggest blight on the sport.

What did some little sprog have to do with winning the game? Why do players think that the public pays hundreds of dollars to see their children being disruptive during the presentations? Why is it appropriate that player's children work their way into 'official' celebratory photographs of the squad and coaches? What the hell did they contribute to the win?

It's about the team and the nation you're representing.

I'm all for involving your family in what you do, and it is important but bloody hell, I don't carry my Mum around on my shoulders and do a lap of honour around the office when I fix a paperjam.

Please, for God's sake, leave kiddies out of official proceedings at major sporting events.

Yes my tongue is half in my cheek, but it really pisses me off!! [/rant]
Date: October 24, 2007 12:57AM
Posted by: TC
That kid carrying out the trophy was painful to watch... he even dropped the base. You would think for the world cup carrying the trophy out to the stand would be something seen as quite important not done by someones child.

One of the English commentators said something like "I think its time for the adults to take control of this."
Date: October 24, 2007 03:21AM
Posted by: gav
gareth Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm all for involving your family in what you do,
> and it is important but bloody hell, I don't carry
> my Mum around on my shoulders and do a lap of
> honour around the office when I fix a paperjam.

I'd have that on your (rather large) gravestone if I were you (so long as the kids don't buy it, obviously). Awesome comment. :D
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy