Briatore buys Queen's Park Rangers! :-o

Posted by Guimengo 
Re: Briatore buys Queen's Park Rangers! :-o
Date: August 28, 2007 11:21PM
Posted by: gav
Clive Clarke, Sunderland player on load at Leicester, also collapsed tonight at half time in their game with Notts Forrest.

Hope he makes a good recovery.
Date: August 29, 2007 12:54AM
Posted by: Guimengo
I hope he doesn't suffer what Puerta did, he walked off the field but didn't survive :(

I think that with these issues players are predisposed to those attacks but also just being pushed too much. It's unfortunate that football is mainly fitness "supremacy" where you are rewarded more for being able to run than to place the ball with your foot. Always sad, the guy was only 3 months older than me
Date: August 29, 2007 11:27AM
So many football players that I guess it's inevitable that there are many out there with undiagnosed health issues which could potentially cause fatalities. :(

Clive Clarke suffered a double heart failure. Good luck to the lad.
Date: August 30, 2007 08:02PM
Bernie and Briatore have agreed a deal to buy a majority stake in QPR.
Date: September 20, 2007 12:15AM
Posted by: LS.
gareth Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I thought it was Notts County?

It is.

There are two clubs in Nottingham

Nottingham Forest & Notts County

Both are shite mind you! :)

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: September 21, 2007 01:21PM
Posted by: gary42
Notts County are the oldest professional club in the world, Sheffield FC are the oldest club. And Queen's Park is the oldest club in Scotland, and were runner's up in the English FA Cup in 1884 and 1885.

And QPR aren't that small a club - they're one of the bigger 2nd Division (Championship) clubs in England and until the last couple of years were challenging for promotion on an semi-regular basis.

Date: October 29, 2007 11:51PM
Posted by: Red Sam
QPR were one of the founder clubs of the PRemier League - finished 5th, 9th and 8th in the first 3 seasons...

And is it right that Notts County were, traditionally, one of the few "county" clubs - i.e. Nottinghamshire County - in the same way that traditional Cricket Counties are?

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy