Thierry Henry's transfer to Barca

Posted by jawwad01 
Re: Thierry Henry's transfer to Barca
Date: July 29, 2007 08:44AM
Posted by: Guimengo
Locke Cole Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I absolutely agree with you unless they manage to
> get another decent striker in. :) Slightly OT...
> Liverpool! Fernando Torres is an awesome player
> who deserves a big slice of spotlight... with
> their recent idea of striker rotation, they'd best
> give him his due share!

I'm sure he caused a great impression on Liveropool's defeat to Portsmouth, especially when missing his penalty shot ;). Watch for Lucas, he's surprisingly good, just need to know if he'll adapt to the British style of play.
Date: July 30, 2007 09:27AM
Posted by: jawwad01
-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2017 07:50AM by jawwad01.
Date: July 30, 2007 10:17AM
Henry is not the youngest guy, I believe he wants to win more titles with a new club, and I'm sure he would love to get the Spanish league title added to his collection. UEFA seems possible with Barça.
Date: July 30, 2007 03:01PM
Posted by: jawwad01
-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2017 07:49AM by jawwad01.
Date: July 31, 2007 06:30AM
like Ronaldinho at Barcelona, he doesn't play anywhere near as good when he plays for Brazil. At Barcelona he's in charge only of attacking and taking care mostly of the left side, and all balls pass by him. For Brazil he's supposed to mark, play a little further back and many times on the right side of the field, and doesn't have the team play around him.

I expect Barcelona to play at their best when one of their forwards is out, so they can maintain their offensive 4-3-3 instead of a more offensive 4-4-2.
Date: August 08, 2007 08:43AM
Posted by: gareth
Speaking of Brazilians, Juninho's just signed to play for Sydney FC down under....
Date: August 08, 2007 12:15PM
Posted by: TheMaster170
Juninho Paulista? Is he still alive? ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2007 12:16PM by TheMaster170.
Date: August 09, 2007 12:43AM
Posted by: gareth
Apparently he's 34. Probably even in a wheelchair I think he'll totally kick arse. Looking forward to seeing him in action!
Date: August 14, 2007 04:10AM
He's still got some nice speed and his usual technique. Unfortunately it's far from 1997, but still a touch of quality for any team.
Date: August 18, 2007 03:37AM
Posted by: Daniel Knott
juniniho is crap haha, I remember when he was awful for middlesbrough. Even after that, when we got relegated and had crap players yet played them in the cup, he was still @#$%& for them then - if not more so.

H E L L O
Date: August 18, 2007 04:45AM
Haha, you seem a bit biased against Brazilians :P. Juninho was very good in his first stint for Boro, and if it wasn't for Michel Salgado breaking his leg, he would have stayed at the top level for longer. One of the worst things about football, players playing dirty and not being suspended for months.
Date: August 19, 2007 01:50AM
Posted by: bestobritish
Hows Thierry done in pre-season?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy