West ham manager Sacked

Posted by SHEEPY 
West ham manager Sacked
Date: December 11, 2006 05:29PM
Posted by: SHEEPY
well it was going to happeren wasnt it :P alan whatever his name was has been sacked :P
Re: West ham manager Sacked
Date: December 11, 2006 05:42PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Oh come on, it's been only what, 1 win and a whole bunch of losses this year with Craplos Tévez upfront and Javier Crapscherano at the back? ;)
Date: December 11, 2006 07:17PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
:p

Feel a bit bad for him, he was their saviour, got them promoted to the premiership, then they get uefa cup football. And now they're rubbish because they think they're good enough to be there now, while last year they battled and fought so much.

Plus the two argies who arrived have unsettled the club a bit, again didgy deals with big business consortiums.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: December 11, 2006 07:59PM
Posted by: Enjoi
I think he deserved a bit longer with what he's done for them...I suppose whoever takes over will have a lot of money to spend in january. If Curbishley takes over he might be able to grab a few Charlton players...then again he might not want any :P.

Redknapp seemed to have the right idea last season when he bought a load of players and basically changed the whole team..

Ric Scott
Date: December 12, 2006 11:42AM
Posted by: gav
Shame for Pardew. He seems a solid character, and despite the fans disliking him at first, he won them over in style last season. You can blame Tevez and Mascherano if you wish, but the entire club looked toothless from the off. A new manager would probably regenerate a bit of enthusiasm, but it only reflects badly on the players that that's what's needed. Reo Coker has been awful. The guy was on the verge of the World Cup squad.

As for Tevez, he's not been bad. His attitude on the pitch has always been quite good, and he does put the effort in. His touch is improving, and he's starting to get a bit of confidence back. If ever a big-name South American was suited to the modern British game, Tevez is it.

Enjoi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Redknapp seemed to have the right idea last season
> when he bought a load of players and basically
> changed the whole team..

Yeah, that was touch and go itself though. Initially, they looked incapable of getting a draw, let alone a win. There was talk of Gaydamak firing Redknapp after only 2 months, but Harry stuck with his players, and in the end it all came good. Really, really good.
Date: December 12, 2006 02:46PM
Posted by: Senna
Guimengo Wrote:
> Oh come on, it's been only what, 1 win and a whole
> bunch of losses this year with Craplos Tévez
> upfront and Javier Crapscherano at the back? ;)

indeed.

"I'm an artist, the track is my canvas, and the car is my brush."
Date: December 19, 2006 02:25AM
Posted by: SHEEPY
well looks like Curbish has done well in his first match in charge already beating Man Utd 1-0 :O
Date: December 19, 2006 03:16AM
Posted by: Guimengo
Is it a coincidence they won when Tévez was banched and Mascherano wasn't even in the stadium? I think not ;)
Date: December 19, 2006 10:35AM
Posted by: gav
Guimengo Wrote:
> Is it a coincidence they won when Tévez was
> banched and Mascherano wasn't even in the stadium?
> I think not ;)

Ironically I'd say Tevez was their best player (if not, certainly one of the better) in the previous match ;)

Curbishly will give them another chance, but he's just sticking to the basics - something he's always done. He never was an unconventional tactician. Very much put the basics first, then build on that. He'll want to see how committed to the cause they are.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy