BRASIL x argentina

Posted by Guimengo 
BRASIL x argentina
Date: September 03, 2006 07:03PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Great game, Brazil kicked argentina's butt in excellent fashion and despite the argentinians trying to resort to violence several times during the game the pretty football won. 3 x 0, 3 beautiful goals (Robinho heel pass to Elano, Fred heel pass to Kaká who passes to Elano, Kaká steals the ball from Messi, runs about 60 meters while leaving Messi behind on the run and going by Milito). All that was left to happen was the referee having courage to show 2 red cards or 3 to Argentina.
Re: BRASIL x argentina
Date: September 03, 2006 07:35PM
Posted by: Sander H
Vids? ;)
Date: September 03, 2006 07:36PM
Posted by: TC
Both teams asked for it to be refereed like a friendly and thats what they got... plus there would have never been three red cards in a normal (english) game with those tackles anyway.
Date: September 03, 2006 09:31PM
Posted by: Daniel Knott
What a spectacularly biased summary from gui there, as per usual. I wouldn't expect any less.

H E L L O
Date: September 03, 2006 09:57PM
TC, it's not a British game, it's Brazil against Argentina and refs have to follow the rules. Who wouldn't give Aguero a red card for that?
Date: September 03, 2006 10:01PM
Can't find anything from the game yet, so for now I'll settle for this

Date: September 03, 2006 10:17PM
Posted by: R0b3rt0_38
omg some people really have time to lose ;)

- - - - -
Roberto - CTDP

www.rob38designs.co.nr
Date: September 03, 2006 10:34PM
Posted by: TC
Guimengo Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> TC, it's not a British game, it's Brazil against Argentina and refs
> have to follow the rules. Who wouldn't give Aguero a red card for
> that?

English ref asked to ref it like its a friendly rather than the stupidly harsh international way, what do you expect?

Both teams were playing dirty.
Date: September 04, 2006 12:05AM
Posted by: Covfan
Shame Brazil couldn't win when it mattered. How does it feel to go out of the World Cup at the same stage as an absolutely awful England side did?
Date: September 04, 2006 12:38AM

Our own Berger_Fan recorded this :D

And Covfan, Parreira isn't the coach anymore, that same crap is gone ;-)
Date: September 04, 2006 04:00PM
Posted by: Paco
it's Argentina :P

I'm against sigpics
Date: September 04, 2006 09:58PM
Posted by: Senna
Great Tactician Master Parreira isnt crap

Ronaldo, Roberto Carlos, Cafu, they are CRAP ;)

"I'm an artist, the track is my canvas, and the car is my brush."
Date: September 04, 2006 10:34PM
Posted by: IL Dottore
Gui ur a Fanboy ..

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay To Much ;)

Magic Senna
Date: September 05, 2006 04:48AM
Senna Wrote:
> Great Tactician Master Parreira isnt crap
>
> Ronaldo, Roberto Carlos, Cafu, they are CRAP
>
>
>

Parreira indeed is a great master tactician. For Brazil's rivals ;). And I always agreed, Roberto Carlos and Cafu are crap but guess what? Parreira chose to have them in ;-).

And Paco, I did so on purpose ;). And Gui, it's Brazil x argentina, it's never just a friendly and you can tell so from the game :p
Date: September 06, 2006 11:44AM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
Guimengo Wrote:

> And Gui, it's Brazil x argentina, it's
> never just a friendly and you can tell so from the game :p
>

wtf? you talking to yourself?
Date: September 06, 2006 02:26PM
Posted by: Paco
nah, he's talking to Guido (IL Dottore) :P

I'm against sigpics
Date: September 06, 2006 04:56PM
Guimengo Wrote:
> Parreira indeed is a great master tactician. For Brazil's rivals . And
> I always agreed, Roberto Carlos and Cafu are crap but guess what?
> Parreira chose to have them in .
>

Nah, he was always a great master for Brazil. 1994 was brilliant.

He just brought to the world cup the best pieces he found. Until then there wasnt a replacement for them, so he brought both defenders. But yes, Cafu and RC are crap but we couldnt find a better solution.

Cicinho wasnt ready for a World Cup at this moment and nor Gilberto was. Now both have a chance to secure their places in 2010 World Cup and acquire experience for it in 4 years.

Date: September 06, 2006 06:16PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA.

1994 was the hallmark of absolute defense. Taffarel was a good goalie, Aldair was the top defender for ages, Jorginho was a master at crossing the ball, Dunga was wholeheartedly applied to defense, Bebeto and Romário were the geniuses up front. And we still managed to tie with Sweden on first round, suffer past the US (I'll agree that was the best US team and they played quite dirty), then struggled again with Netherlands, Sweden and beat Italy in penalties. Hardly brilliant or a show.

This past World Cup we DID have replacements, or did you not see the Confederations Cup and Copa America? Parreira has always done that, keeps the same squad regardless, he's afraid of change. If he's so brilliant, why was he sacked from Saudi Arabia in 98 before the World Cup was over? Because playing the way Parreira likes will only lead to massive failure unless you have some players that will go beyond the tactical limitation, something very few teams have. Just please drop it ;-)
Date: September 06, 2006 07:01PM
Guimengo Wrote:
> HAHAHAHAHAHA.
>
> 1994 was the hallmark of absolute defense. Taffarel was a good goalie,
> Aldair was the top defender for ages, Jorginho was a master at
> crossing the ball, Dunga was wholeheartedly applied to defense, Bebeto
> and Romário were the geniuses up front. And we still managed to tie
> with Sweden on first round, suffer past the US (I'll agree that was
> the best US team and they played quite dirty), then struggled again
> with Netherlands, Sweden and beat Italy in penalties. Hardly brilliant
> or a show.
>
> This past World Cup we DID have replacements, or did you not see the
> Confederations Cup and Copa America? Parreira has always done that,
> keeps the same squad regardless, he's afraid of change. If he's so
> brilliant, why was he sacked from Saudi Arabia in 98 before the World
> Cup was over? Because playing the way Parreira likes will only lead to
> massive failure unless you have some players that will go beyond the
> tactical limitation, something very few teams have. Just please drop
> it
>
>
> Ayrton Senna 1st Brazil GP win
> Ayrton Senna Brasil 1993
> Felipe Massa's 1st win
> Sávio new website coming soon!
> Gui's helmets!
> Dan Mills Tribute

You have to admit, 1994 was simply brilliant. The defence conceded only 3 goals, and the attack scored 11, the best defensive record ever achieved by Brazil in a World Cup. Scoring Goals are just a detail, I prefer to tie a game 0-0 instead of 3-3. I hate when my team concede goals :)

The game against Netherlands was PERFECT. We dominated them and we scored 3 brilliant goals, 2 of them in smart attacking moves launched by our defence to Bebeto who scored one and served Romario who scored the best goal I've ever seen in my life. Branco's goal was a blast, incredible.

The 1994 World Cup squad was the best I've ever seen in a World Cup. The 1970 squad is just shite, Pele played everything for them and they conceded a lot of silly goals while scoreing some poached goals with Jairzinho. Blah, 1994 is undoubtedly the most efficient and perfect football played by Brazil. A water tight defence combined with four warriors in the midfield and 2 attacking geniuses in what was a perfect tactic mounted by the great Parreira. The way we won it doesnt matter for me. 3x2, 2x0, 1x0, 0x0 with penalties, I dont give a damn. I just want to win.

The counter-attacking football played in 1994 by Brazil is the kind of football I want to see. Perfect. Brilliant. Effective. Like in a Mozart song, the ball was carefully and patiently passed from one foot to another with intelligence, while the team was waiting for a hole to break in the rival defence. Instead of silly attempts of dribbling and losing time forcing the attack. For me the silly beautiful football, the "Jogo Bonito" thingy is dead. I want results, not a show. If you want to see a show go to watch the Harlem Globetrotters or the Cirque du Soleil...

Two brazilian league title with Corinthians and Fluminense, 1994 World Cup, some Copa America titles and a Confederations Cup title arent a massive failure, are they? Get over it. He's the best. Saudi Arabia, blah. You cant have a winner only with tactics. You need a team and Saudi Arabia can hardly challenge a brazilian third division team even if they were managed by our greatest volleyball coach, Bernardinho...

We shouldnt blame Parreira for the 2006 World Cup defeat. He did everything correct and I'd have done the same things. He called the best footballers available. He mounted a water tight defence with Lucio and Juan. He attended to our desire to see four players attacking, the "Fantastic Four". If the team lost it, it wasnt Parreira's fault. It was the players fault. Ronaldinho Gaucho for example lacked determination, will to win and football. Parreira was confident in Ronaldinho Gaucho and he didnt performed as he expected. And other players were more interested in acting like superstars (i.e. Roberto Carlos) than acting like footballers (as you can see now with Dunga). They gambled Parreira's plans.

Date: September 06, 2006 08:46PM
Posted by: IL Dottore
Omg i am not gonna read all this:P
way to much..

Magic Senna
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy