Premiership

Posted by Covfan 
Re: Premiership
Date: September 22, 2006 10:07AM
Posted by: TC
I wouldnt say its a great goal... more like terrible goalkeeping.
Date: September 22, 2006 01:03PM
Posted by: gav
TC Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> I wouldnt say its a great goal... more like terrible goalkeeping.

Agreed. Well done for getting such accuracy on such a long range shot (as Gui said), but there's no way the 'keeper should have allowed that through. And I'm a Liverpool fan ;)
Date: September 22, 2006 07:25PM
Posted by: gareth
but....you could argue that every goal let in is ordinary goalkeeping. their job is to stop goals and if they let one through realistically every one that gets by them is their fault for not being in the right spot. even if there is a wicked deflection or whatever, they should still have been in a possie to stop it. it's like my old maths teacher for having a go at us for being late for school in the morning- even though it was the train that was late, we had no control over the train itself and thus our lateness to school. he thought that if the train was going to be late, we should have caught an earlier one. no ammount of arguing would shift him from his viewpoint :)

personally i think the alonso goal was a bloody good spot of opportunistic bastardry :)
Date: September 22, 2006 07:33PM
Posted by: TC
gareth Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> but....you could argue that every goal let in is ordinary goalkeeping.
> their job is to stop goals and if they let one through realistically
> every one that gets by them is their fault for not being in the right
> spot.

Yes if you let in a goal it probably is ordinary, but not terrible goalkeeping as I said. That was terrible goalkeeping not a good goal, if the ball finished somewhere near the cross bar then it would have been a good goal.
Date: September 22, 2006 07:37PM
Posted by: gareth
got to take your chances though :)

especially in soccer (sorry football) where they can be few and far between!!
Date: September 22, 2006 10:16PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Well you guys are right about the goalie, I am always very critical of them as I used to be one for 7 years at high levels so they get no mercy. Such goal is always the goalie's fault but you can't take away the credit from the player for noticing the mistake and capitalizing on it ;-).

Shzam! ;)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy