NRL Final Pridections

Posted by The_Ozz_Man 
Re: NRL Final Pridections
Date: August 17, 2006 02:19AM
Posted by: gareth
Manly wont make the semis? Dude they're in third place on the ladder at the moment, and a bloody good shout for a top four finish.

All that Parra have shown this year is how poor Brian Smith is/was for them, or rather how much it was really his time to go. New coach and all of a sudden they win 8 in a row. Says something I think. And, you're right, given their poor start to the season I don't think there's too much expectation nor pressure on them- from where they were after 14 rounds they've already overachieved. Last year's debacle I think can only help as well.

Newcastle will finish in 7th or 8th I think, meaning playing Melbourne or Canterbury in Week One, and with Joey back after his suspension and probably busting out of his skin I think the Knights might just be able to sneak an upset there
Date: August 17, 2006 06:17AM
Posted by: chrislewis
Manly usually crash out in the 1st or 2nd round so that's what I based my opinion on.

Also considering the teams who are better than them, Bulldogs, Storm, Eels, IMO Broncos & Knights (disregarding last Friday) I think we'll see the same this year.

Paramatta will make the Finals Mate they are playing good fotty

Of course they will, their 4th on the ladder.:P

I think they even have a good chance of making it to the grand final but I don't think their menatally strong enough to win on the day if they do.

Date: August 17, 2006 07:05AM
chrislewis Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Manly usually crash out in the 1st or 2nd round so that's what I based
> my opinion on.
>

haha, I've got all my fingers crossed you're wrong! you're probably right though unfortunately :(
Date: August 18, 2006 10:33AM
Manly supporter? There playing better this year then in previous years so you never know, good luck anyway. :)

Date: August 19, 2006 02:19AM
Eels fan actually :)

Didn't see last night's result coming!! Broncos looked awesome!
Date: August 19, 2006 09:59AM
Posted by: Guimengo
Can someone tell me how the All Blacks are doing (or not doing ;))?
Date: August 19, 2006 10:03AM
those dirty nasty All Blacks just beat the Wallabies something like 34-27. BOOOOOO!!!!!!!

was a pretty good game, I thought the Wallabies played pretty well, but well done to the Blacks!
Date: August 19, 2006 09:11PM
A-ha! I'm a visionary ;)
Date: August 20, 2006 04:50AM
NZ winning was pretty much a given. I'd have been impressed if you'd picked Aus to win and they did it!

Back to the NRL- So far this weekend has shown it's still very much wide open....

Going to be a great finish to the year!

(On a personal note, the mighty Lindfield 4th Grade side went down in our last game of the year to finish 7th, losing 20-3 to the team on top of ladder who have only lost once all year. Not bad!)
Date: August 20, 2006 06:11AM
Posted by: torana_05
i wanna add a personal note too on the subject of footy
congrats to rangers rugby club in the risdon cup for firstly gettin all 4 teams into the gf (u19,a,b,c grades) and winning the a grade final to roma in a grade on a thrilling win, managing to force roma into knock on-ing the ball when they were going to score in the last min of the 20 min extra time! anmd also b grade for winnig it against the dalby wheatmen. but also on a sad note hung over last nite when the u/19 final was cancelled due to 2 gundy players dying in a car accident on the way to the footy :(

Date: August 20, 2006 10:26AM
i think the whole aussie rugby community is thinking of those poor guys' team mates and families.

my best wishes and condolences to everyone involved
Date: August 28, 2006 05:39AM
well, haven't things gotten interesting?

Newcastle win two in a row with Joey for the first time since about 2002; Canterbury lose two in a row plus some big names to injury; the Broncos hit form, quite a lot of form actually; Melbourne win off the back of Inglis magic; Dragons win one but look fairly ordinary; the Sea Eagles do the business and currently sit in third but will probably drop to fifth; the Raiders go close but not close enough and my poor Eels have run out of forwards and are now playing with the South Granville Under 6's as their front row.

one round to go before semis!

update your predictions!
Date: August 28, 2006 06:47AM
alright, this has nothing to do with NRL but it's about rugby. The rugby team at my uni apparently is quite good and went to New Zealand last year for some worldwide tournament and I was just wondering if anyone heard of the Northern Illinois Huskies :)
Date: August 29, 2006 10:00AM
Things have changed quite a bit in the last 2 weeks.

Melbourne are stil going strong, Manly have really gone well in their past two games & Broncos are doing something they haven't done for years, ie finishing the year strong.

Ricky Stuart getting the sack at Roosters was a bit suprising.

Date: August 29, 2006 10:25AM
chrislewis Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Ricky Stuart getting the sack at Roosters was a bit suprising.
>

I think yes and no- yes becuase he's a premiership winning coach but no I'm not surprised because I think he's gone downhill each year after winning the comp. I think you could put alot of the 2002 Roosters' success down to Graham Murray the year before. The following two years where they made the Grand Final could arguably be a continuation of that.

But the last two years, where the Rooters missed out even on the semis I think give a better indication of his abilities. Admittedly, he did also lose Brad Fitler for those last few years which wouldn't have helped ;) I'm probably being way too harsh!

And Gui, sadly I've not heard of the Northern Illinois Huskies, but I'd be really shocked to hear if ANYONE hasn't heard of the mighty Lindfield Waratahs ;)
Date: August 29, 2006 04:02PM
Not only have I heard about it but seen it too!!! ;)

(not really :p)
Date: August 30, 2006 12:43PM
porr old ricky aye hes had a rough season this year with all the morley stuff and the lose of Minichiello has put them where they r and also they need to sort out there backs

Date: September 03, 2006 10:02AM
Here we go- it's all been decided! Next week we see (my tips in bold):

Friday 8th Sep
4 Knights V 5 Sea Eagles 8:00pm Energy Australia

Saturday 9th Sep
3 Broncos V 6 Dragons 6:30pm Suncorp Stadium

Saturday 9th Sep
2 Bulldogs V 7 Raiders 8:30pm Telstra Stadium

Sunday 10th Sep
1 Storm V 8 Eels 4:00pm Olympic Park

Meaning that in week two it will be:

Sea Eagles V Dragons

Broncos V Knights

Semi Finals:

Bulldogs V Broncos

Storm V Manly

Grand Final

Broncos V Storm

Sadly, I think my two least liked teams are the most likely to win it- if not the Broncos as I've tipped here I think it'll be the Bulldogs instead :(
Date: September 03, 2006 11:18AM
comin fresh off my win in our work tipping contest ill lay out my tips:
manly
dragons
bulldogs
storm
only 1 difference, id go for the raiders but they got buckleys against the doggies, week 2 tips will be put in when it comes closer

Date: September 04, 2006 05:29AM
Posted by: The_Ozz_Man
Don't right off the Raiders !!!!!

We can beat the dogs we have more to placy for they can lose and still be in the finals

The Thunder from Downunder

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy