Post-WC life (new managers and stuff)

Posted by Guimengo 
Post-WC life (new managers and stuff)
Date: July 25, 2006 10:36AM
Posted by: Guimengo
So! Well, many guys left for good but many traded teams.

For Brazil we have a shocking but very pleasant surprise, Dunga is the new coach! To make things better, Jorginho (right wingback who was amazing, much different to Cafú) could become assistant. And a friend mentioned Leonardo and I thought that could fit perfectly too into the mix :-o

What about you guys, any news/opinions?
Re: Post-WC life (new managers and stuff)
Date: July 25, 2006 11:06AM
Posted by: JonnyA
Dunga hasn't left the QPR board has he :(
Date: July 25, 2006 11:59AM
is that Queen's Park Rangers?
Date: July 25, 2006 03:20PM
Posted by: gav
JonnyA Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Dunga hasn't left the QPR board has he

Nothing I've seen suggests he's left.
Date: July 25, 2006 03:53PM
Posted by: JonnyA
[news.bbc.co.uk]

Has now. Best of luck anyway :)
Date: July 25, 2006 05:42PM
Posted by: Stan
Italy have apointed Roberto Donadoni as new coach and ex Chelsea player Pierluigi Casiraghi coach of the U21 team with Gianfranco Zola as his assistant with Dimetrio Albertini overseeing them as FA Vice President

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2006 05:44PM by Stan.
Date: July 25, 2006 11:01PM
Ah, so he has those other guys coming in with him? Hmm, pretty nice base for Italy, it's been nice to see many former players taking up roles as managers/coaches, especially those who were great players :D

Felipão was offered the job to coach Brazil but his family prefers to live in Portugal so he's going to stay there.
Date: July 26, 2006 12:24AM
Posted by: Senna
Dunga is perfect to replace the great and excellent tactician Parreira.
And he's better than Luis Felipe Scolari, who doesnt know anything about soccer. He lost with Brazil to Honduras, lost the EURO'2004 with Portugal to Greece, a country without any tradition in soccer... To sum up, I think that Scolari is shite.

Long life to Dunga, i'm pretty sure that he'll follow the great ideas from Parreira, a great tactical mastermind :)

"I'm an artist, the track is my canvas, and the car is my brush."
Date: July 26, 2006 05:13AM
Parreira is far from being a great tactical mastermind, otherwise Brazil would have done much different in most of the games dating back to 2003 when we would get ties and low scores against crappy teams. And how to explain such a great coach being afraid of putting old guys on the bench? ;-)

Good luck to South Africa...
Date: July 26, 2006 04:27PM
Guimengo Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Parreira is far from being a great tactical mastermind, otherwise
> Brazil would have done much different in most of the games dating back
> to 2003 when we would get ties and low scores against crappy teams.
> And how to explain such a great coach being afraid of putting old guys
> on the bench?
>
> Good luck to South Africa...
>
>
> Sávio new website coming soon!
> Video of Sávio's goals at Zaragoza
> Gui's helmets!

1. He's a great tactical mastermind, but a tactic is nothing without players, he called the best players for our national team but unfortunately they didnt performed how they should, they were more interested in breaking records, $$ in the bank and powerful cars in garages, and so on... They just didnt give a damn to playing football so thats why everyone is wrongly blaming Parreira, when they lose, the manager is blamed for it, but when they win games, i never saw someone giving congrats to the manager...

2. Parreira did nothing wrong, he called the best players and mounted a tactic to suit them. What more he should do? A manager isnt told to defend penalties or score goals, its the players. But unfortunately, its a bad habit we have here, always blame the manager when our teams lose games.

3. I dont give a damn to the score of the game or how many goals we score as long as we keep winning titles... If we won Confederations Cup and Copa America with ties and low scores, I'm happy. I prefer to win games by 1:0 instead of 4:3. The "joga bonito" thing is shite and wont make you win titles. The 1994 world cup is a good example of how you should play soccer, an objective, counterattacking football. And the 1994 team was the best in brazilian soccer history. Boring? Well, if you want something exciting, then you should have sex with your girlfriend or buy a ticked to watch the Cirque du Soleil. Football is all about results not the show.

4. Experience. The older players had it, the young players hadn't. Experience is a key factor to win a world cup. Simple as that. I'd have started the world cup with the same lineup he used.

5. And i'll be supporting any team coached by Parreira in the next World Cup, of course :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2006 04:28PM by Senna.
Date: July 26, 2006 10:52PM
I respect your opinion of Parreira but I disagree ;-). And by no means it was the best players. Here's just a small change to the defensive sector:

Called up-

Cafú, Roberto Carlos, Cicinho, Gilberto, Juan, Lúcio, Luisão, Cris.

Who should have gone-

Right Wingbacks: Cicinho, Mancini
Left Wingbacks: Serginho, Athirson
Defense: Juan, Lúcio, Luisão, Alex (former Santos)

And I don't only blame Parreira for our failure, I blame him for allowing certain guys to play ;-). And I blame many players for their lack of enthusiasm or bravery, it's understandable for someone like Ronaldinho to be tired after playing basically every single game for Barcelona for a whole season or Kaká for Milan, fatigue just piles up, but it is the WC and if you aren't at your best then let the coach now so you can rest.

And let me see... 1994 team... goes behind 1958, 1962, 1970, 1982, 1986. Not saying 1950 because all I've ever seen from that year was the goal from Uruguay exploring our bad goalkeeper (which in 1970 we also had a disgusting goalkeeper but the rest of the team was something else).
Date: July 26, 2006 11:50PM
Nah, definately, the 1994 team is the all-time best brazil squad in history. Yes, they scored less goals than the others, but hey, they also conceded less than any other brazil squad in history. They also have the best goal difference (11 goals scored, 3 conceded, diff: 7) between other brazil squads so far.

I dont consider a team playing fancy football to be the best, I consider their strenght, the opponents strenghts and their results. 1994 is better than 2002 because Italy was stronger than Germany, and 1994 is also better than 1970 because Netherlands was stronger than Peru or England. Simple as that.

Date: July 27, 2006 07:07AM
I think the only players in 94 who are better or equal than their counterparts in 1970 were:

Taffarel (Felix sucks/sucked horribly), Jorginho was at his very best in the WC and rivalled Carlos Alberto Torres (better with crosses but not as much in the rest), Aldair was one of the top 5-10 defenders of all time, Bebeto, and Romário.

If you mean players being better "on paper" then 94 was in general a good year for Brazil, but 2006 was supposed to be the best ever.
Date: July 27, 2006 03:57PM
Indeed 2006 was supposed to be the best ever on paper, but it lacked determination and will to win.

Date: July 27, 2006 11:39PM
which I believe can be brought back by Dunga! :D
True that he probably won't know much of what to do right away but I think that may be actually an advantage, let the superstars figure it out amongst themselves a way to play and we may see a show in the coming years :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy