So who's going to win?

Posted by Ferrari_Fuhrer 
Re: So who's going to win?
Date: May 30, 2006 06:09AM
Posted by: rocker
I hope Brazil will win :P

But I really feel strange with being the favorite this way, some people just believe Brazil is much stringer than others, but you can always have a bad day, and if you have a bad day in the knock-out and looses a game than you are simply out, not matter you won you last game by 4-0.

I don't know how you see this in other countries but here they are broadcasting all Brazilian practices (cable TV) and also they the place that Brazil squad is training is always sold out, with 5.000 people. I think it's out of limits this way, I hope when they move from Swiss to German it will stop.

You don't know how silly is the announcer narrating Brazilian practice, like when they play "Bobinho" (you have all players passing the ball and one in the middle of the circle, so for him to get out of the circle he needs to get control of the ball and the player who looses the ball for him goes to the middle) it's like this Robinho pass to Gilberto who pass to Roberto Carlos, oh Roberto Carlos made a nice move to pass Cafú. Kaká lost the ball to Cafu... I think even the announcer feels bad about it, I think he is thinking this time "Oh why the hell I'm doing this..."...

But after Brazil I think Argentina, Italia, Germany, England and Portugal are my favorites for win this cup, I don't believe much in France... Even that Henry is a great player...

--------------------------------------------
Rocker
Date: May 30, 2006 05:54PM
Posted by: Paco
for me it's between Brazil, Argentina, and Germany, of course i hope Argentina will win it, but being realistic, Brazil seems to be the strongest team, and you can never rule out Germany, thay have reached 7 finals (as much as Brazil, even though they won just 3 of them), and they're playing at home, historically that's been a great advantage, out of the 7 world champions, Brazil is the only one that didn't win at home (Uruguay '30, Italy '34, England '66, Germany '74, Argentina '78, France '98).

I'm against sigpics
Date: May 31, 2006 01:18AM
Posted by: Enjoi
I dont think Germany are that good tbh, but yeah...the fact that they're hosting might help. but yeah Brazil are going to be good, I haven't seen them play since the last tournament so it'll be interesting to see how they do, I'm looking forward to seing how Kaka does. I've only seen him playing for A.C. Milan but he looks good. I'm interested to see how Australia are going to do, i think they may surprise a few people...

Ric Scott
Date: May 31, 2006 11:40AM
Posted by: LS.
Don't forget Germany had Lehman in goal, he's bound to something strange like he does for Arsenal,

I'll just be pleased if England don't go out straight after the first group stage.

We have the players on paper but they never seem to play as well together as they should.

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: May 31, 2006 03:35PM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
LS. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Don't forget Germany had Lehman in goal, he's
> bound to something strange like he does for
> Arsenal,
>
> I'll just be pleased if England don't go out
> straight after the first group stage.
>
> We have the players on paper but they never seem
> to play as well together as they should.
>

yeh Gerrard and Lampard only perform good together once in a blue moon.
Date: June 01, 2006 11:02AM
Posted by: IWE
I havent watched any match yet.. and propably wont.. I dont know anything about results.. but Brazil will win ;)

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: June 01, 2006 02:06PM
Posted by: Guimengo
rocker, bobinho is what the Brits call pig-in-the-middle ;-).

I pick Brazil to win and I hope it will be in a final against Argentina. I don't see a greater spectacle or rivalry in football bigger than Brasil and Argentina (typed with S here to write both names as the natives do), and they have never met in a final match in a World Cup and this year there is a chance they will. But I will be in the lookout for a surprise from Japan, and also believe Netherlands and England will do well, as long as they don't need to use their subs. And I am hoping to see Italy play some decent footy too.

ps: I know some of you may disagree with some things I wrote (or didn't), but I am just keeping the consistency of my opinions and hoping I will show you all how I was right all along :p
Date: June 01, 2006 05:55PM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
i kinda agree with subs statement and disagree.
Netherlands have one of the best all round squads in the tournament including their substitues i mean comon i wouldnt mind having Van Der Vaart, Sneijder on the subs bench! and they are confident enough to not even bring Huntelaar!
However Englands main squad is great however our subs bench leaves a lot to be desired....especially Hargreaves :-(
Date: June 01, 2006 05:58PM
a final between Argentina and Brazil would be the best, and even better if Argentina wins it ;)

I'm against sigpics
Date: June 01, 2006 06:10PM
Posted by: Nickv
I hope Argentina gets pwned by everybody in their group and especially Holland ;)
Date: June 01, 2006 06:18PM
not a chance, we will pwn holland, just like in 1978 ;)

I'm against sigpics
Date: June 01, 2006 06:24PM
I have no idea what you are talking about ;)

Anyway, we'll pwn Argentina. 73-1. The one is because Van der Sar looked the other way ;)
Date: June 01, 2006 06:30PM
___
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-
O RLY?

I'm against sigpics

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2006 06:30PM by Paco.
Date: June 01, 2006 06:34PM

You are obsessed by 1978 aren't you ;)
Date: June 01, 2006 06:42PM
at least there's something i can be obsessed about ;)

you should too, it was, together with 1974, Holland's best performance in a World Cup ;-)

I'm against sigpics
Date: June 01, 2006 06:45PM
But we didn't win, so we lost! :P

But the best is de Europe Cup of 88. We won :D
Date: June 01, 2006 06:49PM
Nickv Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> But we didn't win

and never did :P

> But the best is de Europe Cup of 88. We won :D

we won the America Cup 14 times ;)

I'm against sigpics
Date: June 01, 2006 06:52PM
We will win this time! But that's only because we have more players from abroad then from Holland itself ;)
Date: June 01, 2006 08:22PM
Posted by: IL Dottore
*Cough* Bergkamp '98 *Cough*

Magic Senna
Date: June 01, 2006 08:27PM
well, ok, that granted Holland a place in semifinals to be kicked out by Brazil ;)

I'm against sigpics
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy