Vancouver Winter Olympics

Posted by mortal 
Vancouver Winter Olympics
Date: February 13, 2010 06:14AM
Posted by: mortal
I just watched the opening ceremony, some of it was a bit on the tedious side, and one of the prongs for the flame cauldron failed. Overall though it was pretty good viewing, and K D Lang was very good. Except for Eddie MacGuire from Channel 9, does he have to be in everything. ;)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Re: Vancouver Winter Olympics
Date: February 13, 2010 01:49PM
Posted by: RenaultFan
Being Canadian we have had coverage on TV become very intense the last few weeks leading up to the games and I thought the same it was tedious a bit but I still enjoyed them, ( dont know when if we will ever get the games again so I will enjoy them :-) )

cant wait for Hockey to start ;-) Go Canada

Also RIP to Nodar Kumaritashvili of Georgia who was killed on a training run at the luge course:(
Date: February 13, 2010 07:16PM
Posted by: loren
Lucky you Canadians will get decent TV coverage. NBC has everything on tape delay here :( and I live 2 hours drive from Vancouver. We used to be able to watch on the CBC but they don't have the rights this time
Date: February 14, 2010 12:49PM
Posted by: SAMF1
RIP Nodar :(

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2010 12:50PM by SAMF1.
Date: February 14, 2010 02:51PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Yes, RIP Nodar :(

Also, I will watch bits and pieces of the games, but I can't say i'm very excited about them...

X (@ed24f1)
Date: February 16, 2010 12:26AM
Posted by: bazza_racer
Just watched the mens boarder cross!!! Was AWESOME!!!!! makes me wanna grab my board and hit a mountain!
Date: February 16, 2010 01:14AM
Posted by: n00binio
saw it, too. really fantastic races.
men's downhill was also quite epic, the medalists were covered by less than a tenth of a second

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Date: February 17, 2010 11:50PM
Posted by: anze89
Sadly these years olympics are more or less a total safety fail.

Today I was watching women downhill and there were two really nasty crashes that could (and should) have been prevented.

I'm also very angry that they didn't use safety nets on a quite tight corner on the cross county sprint women course. Our (Slovenian) Petra Majdič had a huge fall during the warmup and with very strong pains she somehow managed to get into the final and take the bronze medal. When she crossed the finish line she passed out, that's how huge her pain was. If she wouldn't have been injured I'm sure she would have won. Here's the video of the fall: [www.genspot.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2010 11:54PM by anze89.
Date: February 19, 2010 11:14PM
Posted by: NeoLiot
I now think Curling is the greatest Olympic sport. Ever.

-------------------------------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2010 11:17PM by NeoLiot.
Date: February 20, 2010 02:44AM
Posted by: Peat
Yeeeaaaahhh! Skeleton bob ftw! Go GB!

Date: February 24, 2010 08:59AM
Posted by: LS.
Ski Cross has been awesome!!

Watched the womens event last night, and think it would liven things up if they got extra points by scanning their Tesco club card when they're crossing the finishing line

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: February 24, 2010 01:47PM
Posted by: n00binio
LOL, but yeah, ski cross is a superb addition to the games

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Date: February 27, 2010 04:01AM
Posted by: loren
Sorry Finland :)
Date: March 01, 2010 01:18AM
Posted by: Guimengo
Americans still try counting total medals for the Olympic rankings, it's quite sad ;).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy