World Series by Renault, Silverstone 20th/21st August

Posted by Gord_on_wheels 
Anyone else going this year?

Always a great weekend of racing and possible to get away from the crowds if you don't mind a bit of a walk. Although if they're using the new pits complex, it'll be interesting to see where everything is!

Pleased it's in the middle of August this year. Being a school teacher it means I can recover on the Monday. Hopefully it'll be warmer this year as well. That wind cut right through you in the grandstands last year.

One of the highlights of my year anyway...can't wait!

Always a delight seeing my 4 year old nephew's face when the cars first come out of the pits. He loves it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2011 05:42PM by Gord_on_wheels.
going on sunday - will be the 3rd year running

my two previous outings below

wsbr 2010

wsbr 2009
Really annoyed i forgot about this as i planned to go for the first time this year! Now ive booked something that weekend so can't :(. I believe all the tickets to this are free? Are there any catches to this? I mean like, everyone is sat behind a massive great big wall and can't actually see anything.
Oh and im not quite sure advantages the tickets grant you, like access to grandstands, pitlane, stuff like that...
Sorry for all the questions :)

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
It is free and there are no catches. Pretty much all of Silverstone is accessable and there are many grandstands open.

I suppose the real catch are all of the products Renault will try to sell you over the weekend...but that's easy to stay away from if you choose to.

This will be my 3rd year as well and I can say that it is well worth going.
back from a great days racing (sunday) - spent most of the day in the becketts grandstand - pics below

[www.facebook.com]
Spent most of my day in the Becketts grandstand too. Might even be in the far end of one of your pictures!

It really is one of the best grandstands for viewing...there was quite a few minor spills through Becketts yesterday as well, particularly in the morning qualifying sessions. Must have still be some dampness on the white lines after the overnight rain.

Great weekend though, one one small dissappointment was that the Jean Bagnotti show was limited to the start/finish straight this year. Apart from that, brilliant. The Eurocup 2.0 race yesterday was the best I reckon...and the Clio's never fail to dissappoint!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2011 01:34PM by Gord_on_wheels.
We were dissapointed that the F1 car didnt give it full beans round the track - boring following that world series car and then 1/2 power / short shifting when it was out on its own. Agreed that the Formula 2.0 Eurocup race was the most exciting, i'd say followed by the meganes and clios

Next up - DTM at Brands Hatch in 2 weeks - woo!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2011 02:08PM by ferrariman.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy