Date: July 16, 2010 02:22PM
Posted by: chet
gav Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > You have to persume it will be the best and
> coupled with their own car ...
>
>
> So why would Penske develop their own then? ;-)

Like a challenge ;)! I think Penske could be one of few who would like to build their own... But realistically speaking, Dallara are perhaps the biggest racecar manufacturer in the world. They have racecars worldwide winning countless races and championships. The HRT might be a let down but thats due to many factors. But Dallara have the experience, resources and money to make the best package. But I still think other teams would like to do their own. Penske for example who have decent drivers, and as company have alot of resource and could probably challenge. I dont know, but I assume Penske have some substantial CFD power nad maybe even a windtunnel for their NASCAR program.

I would love to see them doing it their own way because I would love to see aerodynamic variety in the field like the old CART racers. But most of all what is appealing is how the different packages will approach what are the same problems. Possibilities for aerodynamic development is quite litterally endless and it will be interesting to see what packages are done and why.

The lotus interest is also cool to hear! I wonder what, if any at all the F1 team could have any influence on it?

edit - Dave, not sure if Dallara are making their own package. I just assumed they would. Have their been any agreements made about who can or will offer out the aero packages?

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2010 02:23PM by chet.
Re: And the 2012 IndyCar chassis is...
Date: July 16, 2010 03:56PM
Posted by: marwood82
according to this they are making one, but its sold separately.

[www.gpupdate.net]
Re: And the 2012 IndyCar chassis is...
Date: July 17, 2010 08:35PM
Posted by: chet
[www.autosport.com]

It's doubtful Wilson will get a top IRL drive without signifcant sponsorship, hes improved alot on ovals, but in IRL oval performance is very much team related I believe.

What a great job this guy does in street/road courses. To beat Power in a Penske is an achievment.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy