Where are they now?

Posted by Racer#73 
Where are they now?
Date: April 07, 2010 05:08AM
Posted by: Racer#73
Hi!

I'm about to run on GTR2 a custom series based on the late 90's FIA GT cars, as in McLaren GTR, Mercedes CLK GTR, Porsche 911 GT1, even the Ferrai F50, etc. And I'm trying to create an entry list with some real teams from the FIA GT teams from 97/98, and some modern. Now, I know it's been almost 15 years since these seasons, but some teams seemed to have vanished and I want to know what happened to them, and some more info about them, as some you just found them in site with race results, as the name of the entry of a determined car. Are you following me?

So, here are the teams that seemed to be gone without a trace:

1) G.P.C. Giesse Squadra Corse: What GPC stood for, and what happened to the team? Does it still races somewhere, maybe under another name?

2) Chamberlain Engineering: What happened to it too? Is it true they changed their name to something like "Advantage"?

3) GTC Competition: This team entered the famous Gulf McLarens GTR between 1995 and 1998. What team was this, really?

4) Mach One Racing: The team that entered the Harrod's McLaren GTR in 1996. What team was this?

5) MRV (Martin Veyhle Racing): What happened to this team? What team was this?

6) GBF UK Ltd: This team entered a couple of Lotus Elise GT1 in the 1997. What GBF stood for? What team was this?

7) Parabolica Motorsports: What was this and what happened to it? They entered a McLaren GTR in the 1997 season.

8) Schubell Engineering: They entered a Porsche GT1 in the FIA GT 1997 season, and finished 5th at Le Mans, but after that can't find any more info about it. What was this team?

9) G-Force/Strandell: This team entered Porsche 911 GT1 with the Blue Coral livery. What happened to it?

10) Ennea SRL: This team entered the blue and yellow F40's from the BPR 1995/1996 seasons. What team was this?

11) Team Take One: This is a harder question. This team entered a McLaren GTR in the JGTC series sponsored by SOK. Any chance that someone might know what team was this and what happened to it?

12) Bscher Motorsports: Does Thomas Bscher still has his team?

I guess this is it for now. Thanks for any info/help given.

Cheers
Re: Where are they now?
Date: April 07, 2010 11:04AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
A lot of Sportscar teams come and go when major rule changes come along. A lot of those teams are old BPR/FIA GT rules. When the new FIA GT and ACO rule packages came along, a lot of teams left and a bunch new arrived. Many of these McLaren teams folded when the McLaren became illegal.

Chamberlain became Chamberlain Motor Sports and ran the A1GP Team Malaysia entry.

GTC merged with EMKA Racing after the old FIA GT class died. They ran Porsches in FIA GT until the owner died in 2004 and the team was closed.

GBF was a privateer who only ran the Elise GT1. They folded after the Lotus entry was withdrawn.

Parabolica Motorsports, Team Davidoff and BBA Motorsports merged into 1 team. The entries remained different names, but they operated as one team until the McLaren was illegal.

Bo Strandell operated G Force/Strandell. He was a Porsche driver. He later ran Porsche 996s in GT2, or N-GT, whatever it was called at the time.

Team Take One bought the Team Goh McLaren F1 chassis that they ran in 1997. They ran it throughout 99-02 in JGTC, but folded when they got uncompetitive.

Thomas Bscher was made President of Bugatti in 2000 until 2007. He was responsible for the development of the Veyron.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Re: Where are they now?
Date: April 08, 2010 02:24AM
Posted by: Racer#73
Thank u so much for ur answer.

I'm trying to make my GTR 2 championship a bit more realistic regarding teams running these cars, so that's why I'm asking what happened to these teams, or what teams were they (like who were the owners? What happened to them? Are they still running under another name? etc), so I can relate them somehow with teams from the present, otherwise I just pretend they were acquired by new teams from the present, or that field a car on a GT/LMS series, other series. For example, since I can't find any current team to relate with EMKA, I pretend that those McLarens are now fielded let's say by RML, the G-Force team as the Blue Coral cars were also sponsored by Rain-X I associate them with Dyson Racing, etc... Anyway, It's a bit silly, I know, especially when I'm starting to care more about the name I give to the teams, than playing the game itself;).

Anyway, thanks for ur help.

Cheers
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy