Indycar to streets of São Paulo!

Posted by Made in Brazil 
Re: Indycar to streets of São Paulo!
Date: April 19, 2010 10:51AM
Posted by: Peat
CITGO must be making this worthwhile for Dale Coyne. Otherwise what the hell is the point? Such an embarrasment.

And i just dont understand how she is THAT slow? She was quite competent in the DaytonaProto's. If she was lacking confidence in the dallara, then i'd allow her up to 3 or 4 seconds, but shes even 10 seconds off her team-mate so it's not a setup issue. ARRGGHH! Makes me angry! I should be in that seat!! haha!

Date: April 19, 2010 11:19AM
Posted by: chet
Okay I understand if he wants to field a money bringer car to try and help the team-mate with actual talent but there has to be a limit..

How has Indycar let her continue?? It's more than a joke! And as you say, someone who knows how to drive should be in the seat! I reckon most people here given a few days testing and maybe bulking up of neck muscles can get to her time! How can she let herself do this? Surley she knows its as much an embarrasment as we do!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: April 20, 2010 01:00PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Well, you can't put someone else in that seat. If Milka goes, then Citgo goes. If Citgo goes then they lose both Dale Coyne cars (you'll notice the other car doesn't have proper sponsorship - Citgo is paying for the entire team at this point). Is losing 2 cars, and a team which has been around since the 80s just to park Milka? I don't think so.

It was quite evident at Long Beach that they aren't even setting up the car now. Over the bumps the car was vibrating violently, and the gear ratios sounded completely different to every other car there. She is usually 4-6 seconds off the pace, depending on the track, but now they are turning up with a car with no proper setup, so she is never going to anywhere near anyone. It's now at the stage where she is only there to fund the team.

On the question of her being dangerous, which has been raised a lot, no, she isn't. Half of the IndyCar grid has ran in sportscars, and they coped with cars even slower than that. If sportscar drivers can cope with cars that are a ridiculous amount of the pace (see ALMS at Lime Rock, with LMP1 and the GT Challenge class gap) then why can't IndyCar drivers cope with her?

I do agree it's a silly situation, and what really bugs me is how IRL parked Stantton Barrett for being rubbish, and asked Marty Roth to find a proper driver, rather than driving his cars himself (to which he had a hissy fit and packed up the team and left), and now they leave Milka alone. But on the flip side I understand why it's being done. Nobody has any money, and every car is important now. Milka brings the ability to run 1 more legitmate car, and 1 more 'field filler', if you like.

She should go back to sportscars, but I guess it is up to Citgo. As long as when they turn up on ovals she isn't 10 seconds down, I don't really see the safety issue. It's just an issue of losing cars being worth it to get her out.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy