Indycar to streets of São Paulo!

Posted by Made in Brazil 
Re: Indycar to streets of São Paulo!
Date: February 20, 2010 09:55PM
Posted by: marcosgp
Bia Figueiredo (aka Ana Beatriz in U.S) ride with a two place indy car at Anhembi Park late on Friday (20) and led the sports presenter Renata Fan as a passenger:

photo by Carsten Horst

more photos and info(in portuguese)here.
Date: February 26, 2010 12:14AM
Posted by: rocker
I'll be in this race, I haven't bought ticket yet, but gonna do this weekend, I'm just waiting replies from friends to see how much tickets we have to buy (and decide the sector are we gonna be).
The layout of the track is nice, it's better than São Petersburg for example, but this place have problems with raining. With heavy raining, maybe there could be a small flood, as the Tiete River is just on the side of the biggest straight (back straight). I believe they should try to make the race near the Pacaembu neighborhood.

Hope it turns out to be a great event, but they have to work a bit on it. I always wanted to see an Indycar (in fact I liked much more the Turbo cars from CART), but I fear for this event, as it was made in such a short time and I don't think it is the appropriate place in the city to do it.

About ticket price, it will be cheaper than F1. I go in the cheapest place for the F1 race, this time we are thinking about going to the medium price tickets (it is still cheaper than the ones we go at F1).

--------------------------------------------
Rocker
Date: March 09, 2010 06:27PM
My tickets arrived at home!!! I will post pictures of the weekend here!!!

Rocker
Date: March 13, 2010 06:57PM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
Apparantly the track is quite a joke, there is no grip what so ever on the big concrete straight, Ryan Briscoe said it was the first time the car spun out flat out in 5th gear for him ;)

Date: March 13, 2010 08:56PM
Posted by: NeoLiot
fail....
just one more for the record of this beloved country of mine... ¬¬

-------------------------------------------
Date: March 13, 2010 10:31PM
Posted by: Lex
It seems that the track will be re-surfaced during the night. They may even put asphalt on the Sambódromo straight.

Geez, the Prefeitura desperately needs to organize things better for next year. That if IRL still wants to race here next year...

Um dois três quatro cinco seis sete oito nove dez
Eins zwei drei vier fünf sechs sieben acht neun zehn
One two three four five six seven eight nine ten
Один два три четыре пять шесть семь восемь девять десять
Date: March 13, 2010 10:46PM
Posted by: loren
Lex Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It seems that the track will be re-surfaced during
> the night. They may even put asphalt on the
> Sambódromo straight.
>

Never good, you can bet the asphalt will fall apart halfway through the race....
Date: March 13, 2010 11:15PM
No re-surface, but this (from autosport):

Diamond grinding equipment will now be used on the track this evening in an effort to resolve the issues in time for qualifying and the race tomorrow. Sunday's revised schedule currently sees a short warm-up session to evaluate the repair at 8am, with qualifying following straight afterwards.

The problem apparantly is that the concrete there was painted for carnivale to make it shiny nicely, they removed the paint, but the concrete is still slippery as hell..

Date: March 13, 2010 11:23PM
Posted by: Lex
Yeah, I heard the commentators saying that even on 5th gear the drivers couldn't use more than 20% throttle.

Hopefully it won't rain tomorrow.

Um dois três quatro cinco seis sete oito nove dez
Eins zwei drei vier fünf sechs sieben acht neun zehn
One two three four five six seven eight nine ten
Один два три четыре пять шесть семь восемь девять десять
Date: March 14, 2010 02:13AM
Hey guys, I went to the practice today, I was in the "S do Samba".

The straight is really a joke, no grip at all, it's from concrete, 'cause it's the place that has carnival. Like Iceman-Kimi said they painted it for carnival (they do this every year, so it looks good on TV) and it is very slippery. Also, the concrete straight has a lot of dust... No asphalt for this part of the track, they are grinding it. Hope it works as I want to watch the race.

The rest of the track is pretty bumpy; they really need to resurface it all, if they are planning it next year.

I didn’t watch the F1 qualify ‘cause I was on the “circuit” and as the Indy Qual is delayed for tomorrow, I will have to get there before the F1 race :( I was planning to go after the F1 race, but if I do this, I think I won’t find a good place seat.

Rocker
Date: March 14, 2010 02:18AM
Some pics:

More at HERE

Rocker
Date: March 14, 2010 12:29PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
If the FIA hadn't @#$%& up the track inspection, and the organisers hadn't been useless, then this wouldn't have happened.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: March 15, 2010 04:16PM
Hey guys, they sort things for the race!! Well, at least they made the track raceable (reaceable exists??), 'cause it was very bumpy.
I was really tired yesterday, and I wanted to watch a review of the F1 race (and I slept and didn't watch a thing :P ), so I wasn't able to tell you yesterday.

Can I post pictures of the race or make any comments about racing incidents here? Or should I make a Spoiler topic?

Rocker

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2010 10:58PM by rocker.
Date: March 15, 2010 05:32PM
Posted by: Peat
I thought it was a great race. So refreshing after watching the Bahrain GP.

Date: March 15, 2010 06:58PM
Posted by: Slash
rocker Wrote:
> Hey guys, they sort things for the race!! Well, at
> least they made the track raceable (reaceable
> exists??), 'cause it was very bumpy.
> I was really tired yesterday, and I wanted to
> watch a review of the F1 race (and I slept and
> didn't watch a thing :P), so I wasn't able to tell
> you yesterday.
>
> Can I post pictures of the race or make any
> comments about racing incidents here? Or should I
> make a Spoiler topic?

hey rocker, yeah, i think it's better if you open a new topic, i don't know if anyone hasn't watched the race yet, but i know that some countries didn't broadcast the race in sunday and will do by thursday....
go safe and open a new topic.. cheers

DaveEllis Wrote:
> If the FIA hadn't @#$%& up the track inspection,
> and the organisers hadn't been useless, then this
> wouldn't have happened.

hey Dave can you explain a bit further... i tought Indy was not FIA sanctioned... was there another series racing? thx
Date: March 15, 2010 08:46PM
Posted by: brazilian
Nice pictures Rocker!!!
Some personal considerations about the track and the race itself.
First of all, in my opion, most part of the street tracks around the world, are bumpy (I don´t know how the hell writs it).
Also I heard that some people from Indy (USA) spent a long time at São Paulo, to inspect and for the development the track itself, so it´s their responsability for some trouble.
I believe, they created a very nice street track, with the longest straight ever maden, a great main straight (of course, it got better after the repair they made during the night) and off course, much more excited than Formula 1 race at Sakhir.
Of course, some improvements are welcome for the next race, but I liked a lot what I saw.
By the way, let´s pray for a good soul to make this track for gp3.
Date: March 15, 2010 11:25PM
Slash, Fia approved the track, this mean that any governing body related to FIA could work with the race organizers.

If FIA didn't approve the track there would be the race the same way (theorically) but CBA (Brazilian Confederation) could not provide support for the race and most of the structure and personnel was from CBA. In fact CBA is the only organization allowed (approved by the government) to organize races in Brazilian territory.

In the USA, they have their own governing body that are not related to FIA, so FIA don’t necessary approve IndyCar and Nascar events (although I know some of the tracks have FIA approval, ‘cause most of them have races FIA sanction races like ALMS).

Rocker
Date: March 15, 2010 11:33PM
I liked the race, 'cause even with the problems, they could make it possible. The track layout is interesting. The public and teams structure were really good.

For next year they need to try to make the asphalt part of the track less bumpy and improve the concrete straight (it was much better on Sunday, but there was still pretty dirty a lot because the work they did overnight).

Hope we will have this race for many years to come!!! Now we only miss MotoGP (or Superbike). We have F1 and Indycar at São Paulo, IRC and WTCC at Curitiba (ok, we could have LMS like we had in 2007).

Rocker
Date: April 17, 2010 10:23AM
Posted by: chet
If anyone fancies a good laugh today, go check out Milka Duno's FP 1 and 2 times for Long Beach. Then, and here comes the important bit, go look at the qualifying times for the ALMS race at Long Beach this weekend. Just look where her time in FP would have placed her in the ALMS qualifying session, more to the point dont look so much at the grid posistion but rather at the surrounding cars ;-)!

Milka Duno... what a joke.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: April 17, 2010 08:46PM
Yeh, she has the speed of the GT2's in ALMS ;)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy