Eurosport Commentator

Posted by roguestorm 
Eurosport Commentator
Date: June 28, 2009 03:54PM
Posted by: roguestorm
I've been watching World series by Renault and now Formula Superleague on eurosport and the commentator is the absolute worst! he rarely comments on anything that is actually happening on the track, it's better to mute while watching.
Re: Eurosport Commentator
Date: June 28, 2009 04:33PM
Posted by: turkey_machine
Martin Haven?

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: June 28, 2009 05:48PM
No its not martin haven, it would be great if it was, I dont know this guys name and hadn't heard him untill this year
Date: June 28, 2009 06:47PM
Posted by: matt3454
He probably didn't expect anyone to actually be watching it.

Date: June 28, 2009 11:41PM
Posted by: EC83
A new friend for James Allen? ;)

Date: June 29, 2009 01:41AM
Posted by: turkey_machine
Martin Haven's done the only WSBR commentary I've watched. Musta been somebody else you mention then.

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: June 29, 2009 05:39PM
Posted by: Racer#73
You only complain about it, because you have no idea how worst are some Portuguese commentators from a Portuguese sports network. Now, they're the ones who don't know sh** about what they're talking about. ;)

The guy who commentates the Indycar Series, he sucks so bad that he once started to invent new facts about how the series were formed.

The NASCAR guys they are not that bad, but sometimes they start to act like they know more than they actually know.

And Moto GP, please, the commentators talk to the spectators as if they were seeing Moto GP for the first time. I guess at sometimes it's cool for people who is really watching it for their first time to learn a little bit about the sport, but I guess there's a lot more people who previously followed Moto GP in Eurosport watching Moto GP now in their network, 'cause it was the only option, than first timers. So, I guess some people like me, were like "WTF???" when the commentators were stating that this year's Barcelona GP was the best ever in Moto GP history.

In conclusion, the ones who look like they're watching the series for the first time, are the commentators themselves.

The only ones that I think that are reasonable are the F1 guys. 'Cause they've been commentating the sport since forever.

Now, the ones who you really can tell they really know what they are about (Portuguese commentators wise) are the ones from Eurosport, especially the one from WSBK. That guy really knows a lot about the racing and the bikes, to the extent of already have tested some of the bikes (the road version), and compare them to the racing bikes.

But this is just my opinion

Cheers. Take care.
Date: June 30, 2009 07:57PM
Posted by: mcdo
Experts don't need commentators. Opinions ache for expertise. Sorry.
Date: July 05, 2009 01:04AM
The guys name is apparently Mike Lawrence and he is heavily criticised in this weeks autosport magazine. At least this week Simon Hill was doing the commentry on eurosports world series 3.5, he at least commentates on whats happening on track
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy