Nascar discussion *Contains spoilers*

Posted by chet 
Re: Nascar discussion *Contains spoilers*
Date: August 08, 2010 09:23PM
Posted by: chet
This race is good.

I think Ambrose has a little more in that than JPM though. If Kurt can take Ambrose at the restart JPM has a good chance, otherwise Ambrose should get past before the end and will win... good race though!!!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: August 08, 2010 09:25PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
yeah i'm enjoying this one. Half expecting JPM and Ambrose to take each other out.

AJ almost awesomed all over the place and nearly took 3 cars on the outside of a restart. Meanwhile Boris was an idiot. :-\

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 08, 2010 09:38PM
JPM's got some speed!!!

Date: August 08, 2010 09:41PM
Maybe JPM was just playing with them earlier. He's checked out at the front. Hopefully we keep green till the end.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 08, 2010 09:43PM
Damn.. thats a caution coming upp....

edit - good call, no caution :D!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2010 09:46PM by chet.
Date: August 08, 2010 09:56PM
That was awesome. Shame Ambrose dropped off.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 08, 2010 09:59PM
I reckon he just used his car upto to get that posistion and to catch and pass jpm earlier in the race because he was waaaay faster than anyone out there!!

this win has been a long time coming though, its a shame it was a road course. we know he can do it there, its just the ovals.

He was relaxed today, somethng which he hasnt seemed for a few races, and thats what has dogged him!!

Date: August 09, 2010 09:23PM
Posted by: Slash
nice, very convincing, ala Webber... Ambrose was a bit dissapointing, he lost the race on merit, small mistakes meant he dropped behind and trying to recover he might have used a bit more the tyres so didn't have them for the end?? it seems he's the Vettel of NASCAR, his small, almost "insignificant" mistakes cost him wins in a series that forgives mistakes a bit

what's going on with Hornish? it's almost funny and embarrasing to see him at the end of races, it's like everybody let's him go and have fun just to take all the places back at the end, he's always loosing places at the end
Date: August 10, 2010 08:19AM
I think part of the problem for Ambrose at Watkins was his starting posistion... He had to pass alot of cars to get up to that posistion and they said he probably would have used his brakes. Whilst JPM was probably taking it easy out in front. A clever drive for Montoya. But on a road course, i think it's alot easier to win. He adn the 42 team still need to prove they can do it turning left.

Date: August 14, 2010 05:17PM
Kahne to be at RedBull next year then whilst waiting for the #5 car.

Scott Speed has to be the one to budge. If he's fit Vickers is so much more impressive whilst Scott Speed isnt great at all.

He's not quick on road courses, and he's usually at the back somewhere on the ovals. The guy is a c*ck anyway imo, somewhere in the same category of Kyle for being a c*ck, but at least Kyle has talent.

Montoya again looking strong this weekend :)! I'd like to see his total laps led of the last 10 races and compare them to others. He wont get in the chase, but if he did, I think he could supprise again! He's been quick week in week out!

Date: August 14, 2010 06:01PM
Good stopping point for Kahne, but I'm disappointed it isn't Stewart-Haas.

Sadler still has no contract for 2011. Menards left Petty for RCR (and takes the sponsorship with him). That leaves just AJ there for now, with nobody else confirmed.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 22, 2010 01:24AM
what an idiot Kyle Bush!
Date: August 23, 2010 12:22AM
Missed this race :(!!

JPM only 90 odd points from chase..! Gonna take a miracle, but I believe :p

Date: September 09, 2010 06:40PM
Posted by: NeilPearson
DaveEllis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Good stopping point for Kahne, but I'm
> disappointed it isn't Stewart-Haas.
>
> Sadler still has no contract for 2011. Menards
> left Petty for RCR (and takes the sponsorship with
> him). That leaves just AJ there for now, with
> nobody else confirmed.

I just think RPM are going to go down hill from here. they been going downhill for a while, if it wasnt for kahne they wouldnt even be worth talking about. but saying that We dont know if they are giving all the good cars to kahne and giving the crap to menard and Sadler. AJ can be up there but its always short lived and never for a whole race.

side note, kahnes payback to newman was grand. didnt have to try kill him like edwards, and bowyer got infront of newman so he lost positions in the chase!

Date: October 31, 2010 09:39PM
Kevin Harvick, get in there!!!!
Date: November 07, 2010 11:26PM
what an idiot Jeff Burton, that was very dangerous
Date: November 07, 2010 11:28PM
GORDON SMASH.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: November 08, 2010 05:10AM
well that was partially dissapointing... no secret i'm gunning for Harvick, he looked strong until last pit stop... he requested some changes that didn't work... luckily for him last pitstop and restart worked and he was able to get ahead Johnson... but still i was hoping for better

it was cool to see him bump Johnson there, lol... i could almost feel his anger

Hamlin looks good though
Date: November 08, 2010 09:13PM
I think I prefer the #11 to either the #29 or #48.

Gordan had every right to be as angry as he was, but I hope he's sensible enough to forget it now, it was a simple mistake by Burton...

The prick of the race was Kyle! Its such a shame he's so talented because he is an utter prick! As his spotter said, he ruined the race for the team. Being a lap down would not have cost him, a top 5 would still have been possible imo, but his gestures were out of order.

The guy can drive, he just needs to grow up! ironically, wasnt it the other prick in the field who spun him in the first place? scott speed.

JPM was pretty awful really. Could barely stay in top20. Ill put it down to a one-off becausse bar a few mistakes on JPM's side/the team they would be in the chase. They've run well this year and though it doesnt seem it, imo its been an improvment over last year. I just hope he can finally make that step next year and grab that win, and be a geniune top 10 contender race in, race out. He seems to do well for 2-3 races then has a bad one... then again 2-3 okay/average races etc.

Date: November 09, 2010 04:14AM

you can really feel his spotter's frustration... i really hate him, he thinks he owns the track..... i really hope he @#$%& with the wrong guy one day.... at least Kurt didn't even get a second on TV.. lol

also i honestly don't believe a single word Burton said about the incident with Gordon... he sounded genuine when he apologized and all but the way i see it, i think he did it on purpose and once he knew and saw what he did he probably regretted it as it was a bit extreme

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2010 04:21AM by Slash.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy