Posted by chet 
Re: Nascar discussion *Contains spoilers*
Date: June 19, 2010 04:32AM
Posted by: Slash
chet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The racing isnt as good as oval racing, but for
> excitment take the Canadian GP and think of that
> but with 2 ton cars and 40 good racing drivers.
>
> Ive never watched a road course race live, but
> watched on youtube, like with the oval courses its
> very possible to start last and win. A year and a
> half ago i would have rather watched americas next
> top model than a nascar race, now I think im more
> excited about the Sonoma race than any F1 race
> this year!

i watched last year's canadian race of nationwide and quite honestly it was one of the worst races i've ever seen in my life!
i know that last corner of last lap decided the race, but it was frustrating to watch a 70 lap race get interrupted by 11 yellow flags, that means 33 laps under safety car, almost 50% of the race behind the safety car (due to the 3 lap minimum under safety car when deployed)
that ruined my hopes of looking forward to any Nascar circuit race.. that doesn't mean i won't watch it, but i don't have high hopes of having a fun race.. unless of course Jaques puts that heavy thing inside the top 5 and surpsrises a few of us who doubt he stilll has it
Date: June 19, 2010 01:34PM
Posted by: chet
Was that the race with the floods of rain ?

And so far at Road America Jacques looks like he's made steady progress from the practice times, and in the final session he was over a second clear of the field :p!

And I think overal the only other guy close to him on the long run was Ron Fellows (no supprises there!).

ps - jacques never lost it :p

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2010 01:34PM by chet.
Date: June 19, 2010 08:36PM
just seen it, Jaques's starting 2nd.. gonna watch that!

and top 5 grid for Sonoma looks insane!, Kurt, Jimmie, Kevin and Jeff!!!; i'm sure there'll be sparks

yup chet, it was the rainy Montreal race.. hopefully no rain this weekend, i hate it when they interrupt races for too long with no good reason
Date: June 20, 2010 01:28AM
What a fantastic drive from Jacques and equally as good by Edwards.

When was the last time he drove a racecar at a competitve level? He comes back in possibly some of the hardest machines to drive (certainly at top performance!) and he drives one of his best races ever.

I hope he races the other road courses.

That fire is burning is hot as it ever was!

edit - got to say, it wasnt painful watching him slow because a 2nd place would not have been enough justice for the race that guy had.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2010 01:29AM by chet.
Date: June 20, 2010 02:13AM
from 8 to 1st in 3 corners!; that was nice to watch... a bit of a lesson to some out there, specially Menard
Date: June 20, 2010 10:40PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
I missed Road America. Sounds like I missed a mess. Thankfully the Cup guys are proving to be far more competent at the job and Sonoma has been brilliant so far. Again, some ridiculous pit strategies, which always seems to be the case when NASCAR goes road racing.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: June 28, 2010 03:29AM
wow, i never like when Jimmie Johnson wins a race, but i cant be happier that he won this race and took it away from Busch
nothing he hates more eh?
i'm sorry if anyone here like Busch better, but i hate that guy with passion!

if anybody enjoyed it as much as i did,

have some fun!

i'm enjoying this season a lot, seeing my favourite drivers do so well is nice, Gordon and Harvick...

Harvick is such a real race car driver, he always starts in like 78th place and ends up top 7.. very talented!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2010 03:33AM by Slash.
Date: June 28, 2010 06:53PM
To me JPM seemed too aggressive too early.

He can blame Gordon all he wants but what I saw was an over-aggressive JPM and Jeff just giving that aggression back which is fair enough. From what I saw JPM took what was a top 5 race (for sure!) and messed it up himself. He looked like he was driving desperate...

Its getting annoying wathcing him have an easy top 5/10 car every week and something (50/50 him and team) go stuff it up!

Date: July 01, 2010 01:20PM
Not really being over aggressive. That's what happens when you run down into the low lanes at New Hampshire - cars run up the track.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: July 01, 2010 07:26PM
Looked a difficult race track!!

New nationwide cars debut this weekend don't they? They are easy in the top 5 best looking racecars currently! They look mean!

Date: July 06, 2010 12:12AM
Daytona was a good race!

Really enjoying hte open-access coverage :D

Another good race for Montoya, just got caught up in that huge wreck :p!

Can anyone tell me exactly why Kyle Busch didnt continue in that #5 car? I dont like him much at all but theres no denying he's an awesome racecar driver but why did he leave a Hendrick car for whatever/whoever he drives for now? Isnt it a step-down?

Date: July 18, 2010 08:22AM
News just in: Carl Edwards is still a f**king cock end.

[www.nascar.com]

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: July 18, 2010 04:22PM
That was terrible!!

Brad's reaction was a cool one, I was expecting something more like his Dad's! That was awful though. Will any action be taken?

Also, why is it the old car?

Date: July 18, 2010 07:55PM
The new car is phased in throughout the year. Most races will run the old car.

No action will be taken, because it's all great publicity for NASCAR. And no action will continue to be taken until someone is killed. It took several deaths for them to take action against issues before, and now NASCAR have effectively OK'd this sort of action, so it'll happen until the fatal accident occurs.

Watch Bob Keselowski put Carl in the wall at the next Nationwide race. You can see it coming.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: July 18, 2010 09:26PM
yeah it's part of the essence of NASCAR and their philosophy... is not going to change anytime soon, i doubt it'll change at all... since the start it's been a contact motorsport and they love to see guys finishing races upside down and all... not particularly minded about either one of those two, but Brad did tried something in T1.. this battle is more intense than the Busch Johnson no doubt

lol @2:41... the guy in the fence!! haha

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2010 09:29PM by Slash.
Date: July 19, 2010 12:25AM
So does Bob keselowski drive too then?

What made this so bad was that they were the leading two, Carl just took him out and left 40other cars to try find their way through. and undoubtabtly there was a wreck.

Crazy stuff. Since that last incident with Carl i think he's a huge tw*t.

Brad does get himself into alot of accidents but he's a rookie and he'll learn but theres no need for Carl to do what he does.

Date: July 19, 2010 12:33PM
Bobs an old NASCAR Driver. He still dabbles in ARCA for fun, nothing serious.

To me it isn't the fact that Carl caused a huge accident that was the problem. It's the fact he does this regularly and finds it acceptable. What possible result could come from spinning a car out in front of the pack? We all know it'd cause a huge impact - and Carl found this acceptable. And more worrying, so does NASCAR.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: July 19, 2010 04:08PM
Seems the complete opposite of F1 right :p

in F1 drivers are scared out of overtaking because of silly penaltys ala Alonso.

In Nascar drivers are let off for not racing at all but risking the lives of others!

The one single thing ive not liked about the sport since watching is the idea of getting 'even'. It wasnt long ago when JPM was involved in an incident, got wrecked but went back out just to ruin the other guys race. Though I think JPM got a penalty. But aswell as that, alot of the teams seem to be struggling for money (who isnt in motosport?) and drivers let their ego's get the better of them then they go destroy £500,000 (or more?!!) cars!

Date: July 19, 2010 04:21PM
Strictly speaking, the reason they go back out is for points. Remember that points are awarded right down to last, and if you go out, a few cars retire, you make up 10 low end spots, you gain a bunch of points. But too many times it does turn into revenge.

I have no problem with the rough racing, and at times I have no problem with the pay back. But Carl has taken this too far, too many times.

NASCAR is incredibly hypocritical. If as much as a plastic bag gets near the circuit, level 5 alert is declared and cautions come out. But at the same time they are happy to watch Carl destroying cars because it gets in the news.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: July 21, 2010 07:48AM
NASCAR bending the rules to help Carl again.

They denied Bob a start in the Nationwide race due to lack of experience - which is BS. He's ran Nationwide before, has a Truck win and 11 ARCA wins. Bob has more experience than half of the current Nationwide drivers. They say if they he runs the Truck race the day before they'll let him in. I think they said that, not thinking they'd do it, but Brad has a Truck. Watch this space.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy