Nascar discussion *Contains spoilers*

Posted by chet 
Re: Nascar discussion *Contains spoilers*
Date: March 09, 2010 01:49AM
Posted by: loren
That accident was outrageous. Fortunately the new car has a higher roof, that damage is really close to the driver.

Interestingly the FOX commentators seem to think that the rear wing is causing the cars to flip over. I find that very hard to believe, given what we've seen with sportscars over the years.

I also can't believe NASCAR allows cars to come back on track after going back to the garage for repairs. I know you get points for everything (even DNQs - WTF), but cars that are way down are nothing but a hazard.
Date: March 09, 2010 06:49AM
Posted by: NeilPearson
DaveEllis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm not sure he'd have had the speed and time to
> pass Kurt before the finish anyway, but he got
> given the perfect chance when he lined up for the
> final restart and blew it. Juan and Kurt made
> fantastic moves on the first restart to get back
> to 1st/2nd as well. Brilliant aggressive racing
> from them.
>
> Hopefully NASCAR parks Carl for the next race. You
> just can't do that. The damage to Keselowskis car
> was terrifying.

Yeah monty spun his wheels bad, cost kahne aswell. boo.

edwards is a twit. hopefully nascar Park him for bristol

Date: March 09, 2010 09:01PM
Posted by: chet
Saw upto lap 170 but had to go out so missed the rest (a shame because its the first time ive ever had a perfect stream constantly).. good race for JPM. Much needed points. Saw crash and final few laps on Monday. Seems Carl is only probation. It was an awful crash, and its not like Brad has ever intentially wrecked someone, he's learning, and hes making rookie errors. Having Carl deliberatly wreck him isnt going to help him learn! Im glad next race doesnt clahs with F1, so happy im not gonna miss Bristol :D!

But yeah JPM did well, but didnt deserve the win but its only a matter of time! I hope he totaly goes all out for Indy and gets that win he should have had!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: March 09, 2010 11:44PM
3 races probation? WOW. If nothing else he should have gotten banned for entering the pits through the wrong entrance and then driving the wrong way down the pitlane. Either of those things is a black flag in every other form of racing I know. (Then again, we know NASCAR doesn't follow "normal" rules of racing)
Date: March 10, 2010 02:18AM
Posted by: Slash
the Edwards incident was not neccesary, but in a way it must be really frustrating that the lastest incidents you have, are with the same driver... i'm sure Brad will be very carefull when racing with him, it was scary flip and hit
Date: March 11, 2010 12:08PM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
What incidents did Carl had with Brad before? I've only seen the Daytona one, but as far as I could see that was Carl's fault?

Date: March 11, 2010 06:04PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Iceman-Kimi Wrote:
> What incidents did Carl had with Brad before? I've
> only seen the Daytona one, but as far as I could
> see that was Carl's fault?

Probably this one at Talladega in 2009

[url=

&feature=related][/url]

EDIT: not sure what happened to my signature in this post...

[center][hr][img]https://i.postimg.cc/L5ZvNq0t/Massa-MS.png[/img]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/1n1aLFb.jpg[/img]
[img]https://i.postimg.cc/1X4bP57X/RSCT.png[/img]
[i][b][url=http://www.twitter.com/ed24f1]X (@ed24f1)[/url][/b][/i][/center]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2010 06:12PM by SchueyFan.
Date: March 11, 2010 06:55PM
and also Atlanta same race at the start

not that they're all Keselowski's fault or Edwards, but he always ends in the wall after a contact with him so i guess he just decided to put him off for a change
Date: March 11, 2010 10:26PM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
The Talladega one is abit of both fault as far I see, Carl also moves down from the 2nd lane he is at the moment Brad wants to go to the lowest lane. The Daytona one as far as I could see was Carls fault? And the Atlanta race start it's Carl moving in on Brad.

Date: March 13, 2010 06:39AM
Posted by: NeilPearson
talladega was all carl edwards doing, he went high to block, keselowski went low and got underneath him. then carl just comes down to block again and try to push him under the yellow line. both are big no no's in Restricor plate racing.

Atlanta, that was edwards doing aswell, keselowski was low and edwards just plain ol cut down again.

Keselowski needs some talking tho however, he has been way over agressive in his driving and needs to calm his arse down

Date: March 14, 2010 12:24PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Keselowski needs some talking tho however, he has been way over agressive in his driving and needs to calm his arse down

Everyone keeps saying that. And everyone keeps saying that Carl got off too lightly (with which I agree), but nobody seems to have figured out that the penalty for Carl is now the standard for everyone. So Brad will not only be not calming down, but he's been given a green light to be even more aggressive.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: April 11, 2010 10:56PM
Anyone else catch last nights race? I caught till about 170 then i had to go to bed to up this morning. Great race again, good to see the road racers slightly more competitive (bar speed). Good to see Montoya get a strong top5 finish! He's had a top 10 car (if not top5) every race imo.

Date: April 13, 2010 01:54AM
Not a bad race, but it seems like the late cautions are turning all this years races into complete lotteries (even more than normal). In that case I don't see much point in watching the first three hours or so of the race.
Date: April 25, 2010 11:23PM
nice race, glad for Harvick, should've won many more by now, the guys is a hell of a driver

bad luck for Gordon, man lately he's been up there but somehow luck's not been on his side, i hope he teaches the 48 something on the next couple of races... not cool, he tried to take him out in Texas as well... (D)
Date: April 26, 2010 12:50PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
After the first race, Brad Keselowski had to be helped from his car and was put in a wheel chair and given an oxygen mask. He had carbon monoxide poisoning from a damaged crush panel allowing fumes into the cockpit. He was then helped into the second car, and went out and won the race. No matter what your views on him (and they are extremely mixed), that is an outstanding achievement.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: April 27, 2010 04:40AM
DaveEllis Wrote:
> After the first race, Brad Keselowski had to be
> helped from his car and was put in a wheel chair
> and given an oxygen mask. He had carbon monoxide
> poisoning from a damaged crush panel allowing
> fumes into the cockpit. He was then helped into
> the second car, and went out and won the race. No
> matter what your views on him (and they are
> extremely mixed), that is an outstanding
> achievement.

indeed, carbon monoxide is what people die for when they fall asleep inside the cars while their on, of course whilst inside a garage

but yes, very impressive to see those guys drive 800+miles in 1 day and still complete both races.

also, Morgan Shepherd, 68 years old and still racing... i own one of his model cars from 1991, he's as old as Dick Trickle, how about that?, those guys really love what they do, don't they?
Date: April 27, 2010 03:28PM
watching a repeat now!

look away and it all changes! pretty awesome so far. At first didnt like the plate races much because they seemed random, but so far enjoying this race A LOT!

Date: April 27, 2010 11:35PM
By far the best plate race ive watched, and maybe one of the best NASCAR races ive watched!

Great stuff! Im glad the whole bump-drafting thing has been allowed again, was it Daytona last year that was single file for the most part? Thos race however was simply awesome!!

the #1 looked to give harvick the opening though! Im just glad Montoya got a good result in a race where it could swing either way for anyone, and im glad some of the big names suffered! a couple more good strong results and hopefully back in the top 10!

Date: June 07, 2010 06:02PM
Not posted here for a while ... only managed to watch a few full races since..

but its frustrating seeign JPM having a top 5 car most weekends yet either him or luck stuff it up! A strong top 10 at Pocono was a good result but he's in danger of not making the chase :(!

So far man of the season imo has been Hamlin!

Date: June 17, 2010 10:27PM
This weekend is the Sonoma cup race and Road America Nationwide race!

Ill be home from uni so will get to watch on open access :D

I just wish I could watch the nationwide race though!!!

For those interested, in the cup race Jan Magnussen adn Mattias Ekstrom will be driving and in the nationwide, none other than Jacques Villeneuve (:D:D:D:D) nad Ron Fellows will be dirivng.

The racing isnt as good as oval racing, but for excitment take the Canadian GP and think of that but with 2 ton cars and 40 good racing drivers.

Ive never watched a road course race live, but watched on youtube, like with the oval courses its very possible to start last and win. A year and a half ago i would have rather watched americas next top model than a nascar race, now I think im more excited about the Sonoma race than any F1 race this year!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy