MotoGP '09

Posted by gav 
Re: MotoGP '09
Date: April 11, 2012 09:47AM
Posted by: chet
I still dont like casey... and don't think he's the best rider. I think the reason he did not win showed that. I think he's too aggressive sometimes, and it clearly hurt him this time round.

As for Rossi, it's looking bleak :(! If thing's don't improve in 3-4 races I can see him being off next year to do rally or something else. Unless of course he get's an offer for 2013 from a decent team? Would he do superbike? Clearly something is not clicking at Ducati. You do not lose that talent or speed. Not only Hayden got more out of the bike, but the other ducati riders! If it was just Hayden then sure it could be that Hayden was the better rider that time round, but all the others too? IMO at least for Qatar, something was up with the bike set up

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: April 19, 2012 01:19PM
Posted by: Imran
chet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I still dont like casey... and don't think he's
> the best rider. I think the reason he did not win
> showed that. I think he's too aggressive
> sometimes, and it clearly hurt him this time
> round.
>
> As for Rossi, it's looking bleak :(! If thing's
> don't improve in 3-4 races I can see him being off
> next year to do rally or something else. Unless of
> course he get's an offer for 2013 from a decent
> team? Would he do superbike? Clearly something is
> not clicking at Ducati. You do not lose that
> talent or speed. Not only Hayden got more out of
> the bike, but the other ducati riders! If it was
> just Hayden then sure it could be that Hayden was
> the better rider that time round, but all the
> others too? IMO at least for Qatar, something was
> up with the bike set up

Suffering from arm pump doesn't mean you lack talent! It happens to a lot of riders.

Apart from his first season, Casey has outperformed every team mate he has had massively, you cannot make a direct comparison against riders on other bikes as different bikes suit different riding styles, Casey has won championships on two very different bikes just like Valentino did in the mid naughties. If you were looking for a rider for a your team you would pick the one who is proven to be quick whatever he is riding and at the moment that is Casey.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: May 03, 2012 12:01PM
I probably could have wrote that post with a little more reasoning. At the time I thought it was his tyres that went off, which was my reasoning for him still not being all that great. But I agree with you, his style is what makes him quick on anything that moves I guess.

Continuing to be disappointed with Vale. At what point will he be fed up and just want to call it a day? Before long this will start effecting confidence and will he ever be the same again? Now I wonder if he would be able to beat Lorenzo, Stoner on equal terms? Lorenzo at least can still get better whilst Rossi will maybe slowly, get slower. If only for the fact I want another decent rider up there, Rossi and Duc have to find something.

A note on the qualifying session for Jerez, best qualifying session of any series ive seen in a long time!

Date: May 06, 2012 08:22PM
Posted by: Slash
Tactical race there for Stoner, very well executed and a psycological blow for Lorenzo.

but!.. will these 3 ever finish outside the podium this season?, lol

also, what's going on with Spies?
Date: May 17, 2012 09:20PM
Posted by: Slash
Stoner Announces retirement at the end of 2012 season

[www.autosport.com]

bad news, Moto Gp is loosing a key member, not good for the organisation.
Date: May 17, 2012 11:08PM
As you know, I dont know alot about the sport, but wasnt the same said about Schumacher?

Yet F1 thrived without him.

There are plenty talented riders who will come through. Motogp don't need to worry about losing a rider, they need to worry that the sport is not that competitive...

Date: June 15, 2012 01:44AM
Posted by: Guimengo
Stoner stated his reason for leaving are background things, which must mean politics. I don't know if it's within his team or MotoGP in general, but while his absence may be overcome I hope it sheds some light on the bigger issue - if there is one.
Date: August 10, 2012 03:46PM
Posted by: gav
So it's been confirmed that Rossi is rejoining Yamaha for 2013.

I'm not sure about this one. The team is now very much Lorenzo's, and while Rossi's 2010 season at Yamaha was largely affected by injury, he only beat Lorenzo twice.

If Honda was a viable option, I think I'd have been wandering over to their awning for a few discussions on the seat vacated by Stoner. I guess they parted on difficult terms?

It's a real shame that Ducati didn't work out, as they've got nothing on the might of Honda or Yamaha, yet with Stoner riding the thing, it was capable of being right up at the front... I'd hoped Rossi and his team would be able to work the magic they did on the Yamaha when he first joined them.
Date: August 12, 2012 09:17PM
Posted by: Guimengo
I really wanted the Ducati partnership to work, it'd have been historic. I miss the Honda days with Rossi but I again have my hopes for Rossi doing well at Yamaha.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy