V8 Supercars

Posted by torana_05 
Re: V8 Supercars
Date: May 19, 2010 07:57AM
Posted by: mortal
LOL, too right, but tell that to Aussies. The majority don't care that the parent company is US based and owned. And I can remember when Chrylers raced at Bathurst. "Hey Charger!"

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: May 19, 2010 08:07AM
Posted by: The_Ozz_Man
The sport needs something to happen right now it is pretty crap apart from the 1000 and this is coming from a Huge holden fan.

New cars/teams would spice it up but also i think it needs better tracks i mean last weekend race the track was about as interesting as a flat paddock!

The Sydney street race was good o.k as it was the first event and all the hype made for big crowds but the track it self is rubbish

The Thunder from Downunder

Date: May 26, 2010 01:08PM
Posted by: mcdo
It mightn't last long, but Courtney taking the champ lead is a spice up even if he is in a Ford. I'm still not accustomed to the idea of 888 becoming Holden.

New rule at Bathurst this year? No two current drivers can team up in the same car. That will be interesting.

But you're right about tracks like Winton. Transformers in a phone box. For a TV viewer it looks entirely up to the drivers and cameras to make the spectacle. However, with the market size that V8s cater for, we'd almost need a nutty billionaire to build appetising new tracks. I suppose the Avalon proposal will rely on our FedGov permitting the airport to take international flights. Imagine the politics wrapped up in that.

Still, Adelaide, Albert Park, Phillip Island, Gold Coast and yes, one of the hands down best in the world, Bathurst. Good times yearly. Personally, I don't think new teams are required, but I'd welcome them.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy