Posted by: Briere
News about yesterday's practice :

2m17s, 27.4 Mb, DivX

Includes interviews with Patrick Carpentier, Ron Fellows and Carl Edwards

Practice is in 30 mins
Re: NASCAR Busch Series - Montréal 2007
Date: August 04, 2007 11:09AM
Posted by: NeilPearson
think i say this for everyone, i think ENGLISH would be nice, and not stupid language

Date: August 04, 2007 01:33PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Perhaps having manners would be even better.
Date: August 04, 2007 01:47PM
ok then

Interview with Ron Fellows (I've got the very same t-shirt, but in white ;))

1m33s, 19.3 Mb, DivX

Interview with John Andretti

1m46s, 22.0 Mb, DivX

Interview with Boris Said

2m12s, 27.4 Mb, DivX

Interview with Jason Leffler

2m04s, 25.3 Mb, DivX

Interview with Bobby Hamilton jr.

1m35s, 19.8 Mb, DivX
Date: August 04, 2007 03:32PM
Guimengo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Perhaps having manners would be even better.

stfu.

carpienter on pole, .lookin fwd to this race

Date: August 04, 2007 03:56PM
Posted by: Red Sam
that time of the month, Neil? ;)

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: August 04, 2007 06:26PM
Date: August 04, 2007 09:48PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Carpentier
Papis
Fellows
Said
Ambrose

Thats 1 hell of a top 5. Also got Pruett 7th, Jourdain 10th, Robby Gordon 11th, Goeters 12th, Andy Lally 13th, Pilgram 14th. For anyone who knows anything about American Road Racing, this is one hell of a good line up.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 05, 2007 12:39AM
Posted by: Red Sam
neat - wish I could see it!

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: August 05, 2007 12:57AM
pile-up at the restart with 4 to go !

Will probably be a green-white-chequered
Date: August 05, 2007 01:19AM
what a completely insane finish. That was utterly brilliant. I know what Robby Gordon did was technically wrong, but morally, he was completly right. Fantastic stuff.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 05, 2007 05:54AM
Posted by: Guimengo
Very low standards of driving, no wonder Nascar sucks.
Date: August 05, 2007 06:05AM
Go troll somewhere else, nobody here cares what you think.

The standard of driving was exceptionally good all the way through the race until the last 20 laps, where several offs occured due to breakwear, which was VERY high. Several front brake discs were used up in the first half of the race, and later on a few of the discs blew completely, leading to some strange looking offs, especailly in turn 1, the back chicanes and the hairpin. We then experienced a couple of accidents on restarts, as always happens at Montreal at any series. These were largly caused by cars being pushed to the outside through turn 1 and trying to stay on the inside for the second apex and not managing to keep far enough alongside. The classic Montreal turn 1 accident, but this time with 43 huge stock cars in it. Montreal produces alot of safety cars in any series which runs there due to the nature of the circuit. This isnt low standards of driving, this is racing at Montreal.

The only bit which stands out was Marcos Ambrose punting Robby Gordon from the lead and Robby Gordon punting him back. However as out of line Robby Gordon was, he was morally correct in his actions and it was good to see someone have a bit of emotion and take a race by the balls and go all out to win. I dont back punting other cars, but Ambrose started it, and Robby Gordon finished it. robby will receive a penalty for his actions and that will be the end of it. He most likely wont be allowed to start Pocono tomorrow and on Tuesday will recive an extended ban, certainly probabtion and definatly a money and points fine.

Hopefully this answers your, quite frankly, sh!t post.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2007 06:10AM by DaveEllis.
Date: August 05, 2007 06:33AM
Guimengo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Very low standards of driving, no wonder Nascar
> sucks.

stfu

Date: August 05, 2007 07:52AM
Posted by: mortal
touche' ;-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: August 05, 2007 12:02PM
The craziest last 2 laps I've ever seen

6m00s, 73.8 Mb, DivX

The last 2 laps of the NASCAR Canadian Tire Series race, with the most exciting finish of all weekend :)

5m28s, 67.8 Mb, DivX
Date: August 05, 2007 06:42PM
Posted by: IWE
@DaveEllis

Just please get laid and if possible more than once if U have enough money! Wud be better for everybody...

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: August 05, 2007 06:52PM
Posted by: smorr
LoL

Further proof of why I cant stand Robby Gordon. It's common sense that when your upfront and past the caution, that you dont slow down immediately out of the corner in the way Gordon did, which caused him to get spun.

Dave, you go on about emotions in your post.

One question.

Are you a Tony Stewart fan?

I dont think Ambrose spinning Gordon was intentional, just a racing incident. Watching it live I thought the caution was already out BEFORE the pass (Though, it depends on where the scoring loops are... So even if the caution is out he could still get ahead of him before there is actually caution (The cars have to pass a timing point to state their position for the lineup under the yellow, so it isnt IMMEDIATELY a caution) Which, I think Gordon used to his advantage there. However, It looks to me as if Gordon did slow down on the exit, which caused Ambrose to ram him. Then Gordon being a Idiot... (I dont care WHO you are. Taking out someone under the Green at the front of the pack, in a place KNOWN to pile up... Is just STUPID. Be a man. Confront him AFTER the race. Using your car as a weapon isnt cool.)

Glad to see Gordon get suspended. However, If it is longer than this weekend, I sure hope NASCAR allows another driver in that car (As Robby Gordon was the owner... I'm fairly sure it is still his own car), as putting a team in danger due to a crazy driver isnt right. It wasnt the team's fault.

Must say though, Gordon did do a good job of concealing it and making look like an accident... Sure did grab ALOT of curbing ;)

The Flanker is gone. :(
Date: August 05, 2007 07:06PM
IWE, I live with my girlfriend and have a lovely daughter. I've been laid more times since noon than you have this year.

Are you a Tony Stewart fan?

Sometimes. But Tonys a prize c**t when hes in a mood.

I dont think Ambrose spinning Gordon was intentional, just a racing incident. Watching it live I thought the caution was already out BEFORE the pass (Though, it depends on where the scoring loops are... So even if the caution is out he could still get ahead of him before there is actually caution (The cars have to pass a timing point to state their position for the lineup under the yellow, so it isnt IMMEDIATELY a caution) Which, I think Gordon used to his advantage there.

Well theres 2 ways of looking at this one. If the caution came out before the pass, it was impossible for Robby to see the caution anyway. The flags stand is on the left and would be concealed by Ambroses car. There is no flag stand on the right there, and the next one is on the exit of the corner. Therefore Robby wouldnt have known about the caution until after the pass. That happens quite alot in NASCAR and all thats done is NASCAR shuffles them back under caution, no big deal. If Gordon did know about the caution then again, NASCAR would have shuffled him behind again.

However, It looks to me as if Gordon did slow down on the exit, which caused Ambrose to ram him. Then Gordon being a Idiot... (I dont care WHO you are. Taking out someone under the Green at the front of the pack, in a place KNOWN to pile up... Is just STUPID. Be a man. Confront him AFTER the race. Using your car as a weapon isnt cool.)

Well, I will agree and disagree. Ambrose didnt slow down at all. The caution was out and Ambrose will have seen 2 flags at least by this point (left hand side before the corner, and left hand side after the corner). He failed to slow down and ran into the back of Gordon and punted him from the lead. He ignored the yellow flags and caused another accident by driving dangerously. It was also clear from the extreme line that Robby took on the entry to the corner to gain an advantage that he would be slow on the exit, and Ambrose still failed to take this into account and still didnt lift and ran into him. What Ambrose did was either delbrate or so stunningly stupid that he should be parked for being a danger to everyone else on track. His actions were completly unacceptable.

However I will fully agree that what Robby did, whilst awesomely funny, was totally illegal and should be punished. You cannoy disobey the governing body in the way that he did. However NASCAR should have been able to predict the situation and with Robby in 2nd in line, they shouldnt have restarted. NASCAR failed to apply common sense to the situation and allowed him to do such a thing.

I'll disagree with your comment on Robby being the bad boy on the restart too. Robby might have spu Ambrose, but he simply did exactly what Ambrose did to him. He spun him from the lead. Also note that Harvick spun Pruett on the restart before in a stupid move that was never going to work, and he ended up keeping the win.

NASCAR hasnt punsihed Robby for what happened on the restart because quite simply, Robby is right. He cant be given a penalty whilst Harvick and Ambrose arent because his act was exactly the same as theres. However they did give him a penalty for ignoring NASCAR, which is fair enough.

Hes been removed from the Pocono event and will not be allowed to attend trackside either. PJ Jones will drive the car (he practiced it and qualified it) and Robby faces further action on Tuesday when NASCAR announce the full penalties and fines (which no doubt there will be).

Like I said, the driving standards until the final caution were actually fantastic. Very few incidents and certainly no more than what F1 and other series have had there. Safety cars for typical Montreal situations, and the typical motnreal spins and offs at turn 1 and the chicanes. Nothing bad at all, especailly for 43 drivers, of about which 30 of them are not road racers at all. Things got a bit messy with about 20 to go as some brake discs really didnt cope, and then of course there was the Harvick/Pruett and Gordon/Ambrose mess, but overall a very successful race and weekend of racing in Canada.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 05, 2007 07:57PM
Posted by: smorr
The way I look at it though, The Harvick/Pruett incident wasnt intentional. (I am probably wrong.. Fuzzy memory) But IIRC wasnt Harvick actually forced to run wide into T1, and then had to either A)Cut through T2, or B)Get back on track. Unfortunantly Pruett was there. Correct me if i'm wrong (Which I probably am)

On a side-note, I was shocked by how fast Pilgrim faded there in the last 2 laps. I know he had some damage, But, He was toast before T3, which shocked me, as he was infront of Harvick going into T3, then he just basically fell of the map.

The driving was great, I'll give you that. Surprisingly clean race (Which, I think is due to the brakes wearing so much no one tried any Bonsai moves as it would more than punish you late in the race) Everyone seemed a little cautious around the champions wall (Noticed all the Road Course guys swung way out by the wall, while the oval guys were playing it safe).

As for Robby being the bad boy on the restart, I wont say he was wrong in spinning him. I wouldnt've done it, and I dont wanna see it being done (I'd much rather they end it like men rather than use cars as weapons. Go Paul Tracy style ;))(Just make sure the other guy has no helmet on)

Good to hear the car will still be in the field, as I wouldnt think it justified to punish a team because of a drivers actions.

I still say NASCAR NEEDS MORE ROAD RACES. I'd be shocked if by 2009 the Cup series isnt running up in Montreal, as evidenced by the amazing turn out for a busch race (They said around 130k between praccy and race... I'd call that good for a busch race). Oval races are, IMO, quite boring. Occasionally, I'll watch one, but, their lame IMO. I wont disrespect the drivers and saying ovals require no skills, But, I'd much rather watch a lame Road Race than a great oval race. 2 of them on the schedule is mearly a minor inconvenience for the teams and drivers. The way I look at it they already are building the cars for it, and why not actually use them (Remember when the Trucks had, IIRC, 5 Roadies a year?) I'm not asking to reverse the tables and make it road racing dominant, but give us more. ALOT of fans have been crying out for more of them, as they are usually quite good, and it is something different, But NASCAR just seems to forget the fans IMO. I bet if you asked every attendee to a NASCAR Event if they wanted more Road Course racing, it would be a yes.)

But, then again, NASCAR wont do it. They've gone to commercial IMO. They have a product that sells, and I cant blame them for not changing. (Just look at the schedule now... Where's the Southern 500? Why is the Daytona 500 finishing at NIGHT? (When did that happen anyways... It seems like every year its darker and darker by the end of the race... It pisses me off!)

And it isnt the ovals that annoy me the most, but the 1.5 mile ovals that are way to similar. The Series, IMO, needs track like Richmond. That irregular sized track that is something different. Sure, the cookie cutter tracks are all different, but, I bet if I were to start a Cup team, I could get along with running a VERY Similar setup at them.

And that is Why, I will continue to despise NASCAR. They have refused to listen to the fans (For the most part) for scheduling. Instead of keeping with tradition (Which, they've always been supporting and keeping with) they are now going hollywood. NASCAR's bubble will break. It's already being shown with these mergers that seem to be a hot topic, Sponsorship is beginning to be hard to find, its to much money to be competitive, it just cant be done easily. I wouldnt be shocked to see Car Counts plummet over the next 10~15 years.

The Flanker is gone. :(
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy