Re: What racing should be like
Date: August 03, 2007 06:41AM
Posted by: slicer
torana_05 Wrote
(im focusing specifically on this part)

Motor Racing has now
> become so technically advanced thats it won't go
> to how it was

Well lemme provide another topic considering safety issues: Cant we just halt advancement. u know, give the guys at the labs a break for a while. Cause it seems like most racing teams in most championships are just so obsesed with going faster, that they're going too fast. Aren't we going fast enough? [{(I mean especially with safety reasons)}] (<-- i want u guys to read this part), its only going to get even more dangerous to improve the top end race cars like Formula 1.

And please, no inflamed arguments here. Plzz keep the peace!
Date: August 03, 2007 08:14AM
Posted by: torana_05
I dont think any racing series would ever stop advancement of technology, i just dont think the would. Safety in F1 is a joke sorry but i just think it is, who wants to a track with massive tarmac ruinoffs and chicanes at every corner to slow the cars down. what happened to Kubica this year was just freaky, now they want to put a chicane to slow the cars down at that point of the circuit, heres an idea lets just have a whole circuit of chicanes then theyll be slow and have no chance of crashing let alone passing. Tramac runoffs are a joke i think because it just gives the driver who spun off chance to get back into the race, i tohught racing was about makin zero or very minimal mistakes cause if you did u either got bogged in sand or went on grass thats very slippery sometimes sending you into fences, its just not racing. Yes i support safety but i think f1 is safe enough as the said 10 years ago Kubicas crash would have been fatal but now its not he was out for 1 race so lets not go mad with saftey regs cause its killing motorsport. ill hop down now

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2007 09:53AM by torana_05.
Date: August 04, 2007 12:01AM
Posted by: slicer
well i meant making the cars safe as in slowing the cars down. Im totally against destroying tracks to make them "safer". Like someone else said( either on this topic or another one) "we should adapt the cars to the track, not the track to the cars"
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy