Danica Patrick - Dan Wheldon "Discussion"

Posted by JackiMatra 
Danica Patrick - Dan Wheldon "Discussion"
Date: June 05, 2007 01:05AM
Posted by: JackiMatra
Does anyone have good quality photographs of the Danica Patrick - Dan Wheldon "discussion" following the Indy Car Milwaukee race this Sunday ?

It's not very often that one sees a petite woman pushing around a man wearing a red body suit and white booties. Documentation of this historically important confrontation is imperative, even more so than the vicious attacks on the mild-mannered Paul Tracy by two undersized foes last year.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2007 01:08AM by JackiMatra.
Re: Danica Patrick - Dan Wheldon "Discussion"
Date: June 05, 2007 09:43AM
Posted by: Peat
why is the documentation so important?

She's the cockiest (actually, make that arrogant!) driver out there and she knows knows she can do whatever she wants. In this situation, she goes and starts pushing Dan Wheldon around, whats Dan gonna do? Slug her? I think not.

Date: June 05, 2007 10:13AM
Posted by: tripleM
Wheldon should have said that it was his fault.

But then again it would be a lot harder than playing a victim of one of Patrick's little tantrums.

Date: June 05, 2007 10:27AM
Posted by: NeilPearson
JackiMatra Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
, even more
> so than the vicious attacks on the mild-mannered
> Paul Tracy by two undersized foes last year.

LMFAO

Date: June 05, 2007 10:33AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
As Wheldon said afterwards, maybe shes just feeling the pressure from not winning anything eh?

For being such a cocky little bitch (and I use that term after having met her) she has an amazing record of not winning anything so far and not really looking close to winning anything recently either. If Dan had been grabbed by the arm from a normal driver like that he would have given him a right good shove. However Danica being a women he cant do that without being lynched by the media so has to just sit and take it. Danica is using the fact shes a women to not only play the press, but take advantage of other drivers like this and I for one are sick of it.

Hopfully she wrecks Duno or Fisher, just so its equal ground and one of them gives her a right good kick in the face because she really needs put in her place and a reality check.

If she wasnt female nobody would care about her at all.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: June 05, 2007 12:14PM
Posted by: Muks_C
while i don't condone hitting women whatsoever, in a situation like that, Dan would have been justified to retaliate if he'd been shoved by her. women are always banging on about equal right and equality in the work place, so why should he not hit her just cos she's a woman?

if he'd hit her, she'd complain that he'd hit a woman, but it's ok for her to hit a man?

she should complain that she's not being treated equally because he backed down instead of fighting with her.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: June 05, 2007 12:32PM
I hope i am reading it wrong and you're not suggesting that it's ok to hit a 130 (guessing) pound girl* who had the nerve to put her arm around a guy and shove (must have been *really* painful) him afterwards.

*Or anyone smaller, weaker and rightfully upset.

He could have owned up like a man and it would have been over there and then. Especially knowing who he's dealing with, lol. But heck no, now it's a case of Patrick using her gender against other drivers and Wheldon is an innocent party unable to answer back.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2007 12:38PM by tripleM.
Date: June 05, 2007 02:23PM
Posted by: mikef1
True TripleM, Danica is not exactly Mike Tyson is she. However she clearly is manipulative and arrogant despite lack of any real success in racing, not a good trait to have.
Date: June 05, 2007 03:58PM
Posted by: gav
If Tracy and Bordais came to blows, why shouldn't Dan and Danica be allowed to shove each other around a bit? It's OK for her to shove him, but he's not allowed to shove back?
Date: June 05, 2007 04:14PM
Odds are that Patrick will get (rightfully) reprimanded. Wonder if it will stop people from talking about Wheldon being unable to shove her back.

Date: June 05, 2007 07:26PM
Posted by: Muks_C
yeah Gav explained what i tried to say better than i did.

2 fellas would have a bit of argy bargy and no-one would think it's unfair, even if one was smaller than the other. Danica's using the fact that it's unacceptable to hit women to manipulate the situation, which is just wrong.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: June 05, 2007 10:18PM
Manipulate what?

Out of the 2, she was the one who ended up looking worse in the eyes of the public because of their little confrontation.

It seems though that i was wrong about the punishment, but since it was really a pretty minor incident (the photo and the tabloid article over at Autosport made it look a lot worse than it actually was) it's a right decision by the IRL not to take any action.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2007 10:24PM by tripleM.
Date: June 06, 2007 12:15AM
I watched the incident live and dont get what she was upset about.

3 Wide at Milwaukee doesnt work. Dario backed out from the bottom and she had room to go low. Dan had to turn into the corner eventually and any higher and he would have ran up into the marbles and wrecked. There was room for her and she didnt use it. Dan could have given more but didnt.

Racing accident and Danicas having another hissy fit.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: June 06, 2007 09:40AM
Posted by: Peat
Indeed Dave,

I couldnt see what the problem was about either. Dan left a car and a halfs width for her on the inside, but she turned in as if Dario was still there.

Date: June 06, 2007 02:35PM
Posted by: Damas
"Dan left a car and a halfs width for her on the inside, but she turned in as if Dario was still there."

Women and spatial awarness anyone, lol

Oooooo we've opened a can of worms now!
Date: June 06, 2007 04:55PM
Posted by: mikef1
Spatial awareness is certainly not top of the list for most female drivers attributes, that's for sure.
Date: June 06, 2007 05:11PM
Posted by: ThunderDesign
It was Wheldons fould. His spotter had to say : Inside Inside. If danica has hit his tire a little bit wrong he flies and he had a huge crash.Very stupid idiot action from him.

Raymond Buijs - Thunder Design

Burn Rubber, Not your soul !
Date: June 06, 2007 06:17PM
It was Wheldons fould. His spotter had to say : Inside Inside. If danica has hit his tire a little bit wrong he flies and he had a huge crash.Very stupid idiot action from him.

Complete bollocks tbh mate.

Dan Whelson on ESPN said Danica is a "spoiled brat" and "Takes advantage of her gender". Im begining to quite like Dan.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2007 06:36PM by DaveEllis.
Date: June 06, 2007 07:13PM
Posted by: Legend6
Its a racing incident, Danica has no right to complain about it. 3 Wide turns into 2 wide before the corner, she doesnt utilise the space down low and Dan turns in as normal from what I can see.
Date: June 07, 2007 12:53AM
Posted by: LS.
mikef1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Spatial awareness is certainly not top of the list
> for most female drivers attributes, that's for
> sure.

or reversing!!

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy